Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-09-2006, 03:35 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Contents of Paint cans

Ok I've just been tripping through the Paint can gallery and am amazed at the great work of course, but also at how much "stuff" is being shown actually going into the tin. Do the majority of you actually stuff all those items into the cans and then put the tops on tight? Or are a lot of you leaving the top of the cans off, tied on somehow, with the contents showing at the top of the cans?
It just amazes me how much stuff can fit in a paint can...LOL

Oh and those of you that are "shutting" the cans...where are you getting the openers to go with the cans? I like the idea of tying a paint can opener to the tin but wonder where they can be purchased.

Thanks for your help!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-09-2006, 04:17 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I closed the Wedding Emergency paint can in my gallery. Everything fit in fine. I got a paint can opener from the paint dept. counter in Lowes. If you ask, the salesperson will give you one for free. HTH
Member #1237
My Gallery

Old 08-09-2006, 04:41 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cathystamps
I closed the Wedding Emergency paint can in my gallery. Everything fit in fine. I got a paint can opener from the paint dept. counter in Lowes. If you ask, the salesperson will give you one for free. HTH
heehee..someone else said that too but I guess I figured they might get suspicious if I keep getting free openers but no paint???!! LOL
By the way I checked out your paint can....Fabulous job on it!
Old 08-09-2006, 05:10 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by deca1964
heehee..someone else said that too but I guess I figured they might get suspicious if I keep getting free openers but no paint???!! LOL
By the way I checked out your paint can....Fabulous job on it!
Actually there's nothing they can say... They are free. It's the same with the paint chips. You can go in and take one of each and they can't say anything - a friend actually told the guy at Home Depot that she was taking them specifically for scrapbooking/stamping.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:22 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well i do that with paint chips too especially since the Manager at my local Hope Depot is a fellow stamper who re-assured me that the paint companies supplies the chips at no cost to them. But I didnt think it was the same for the openers...I mean ..someone has to pay for them somewhere down the line dont they?..L

Mind you...not sure even why I am asking since I havent even made ONE yet let alone a whole slew of them but ya never know...once I start making them I may not stop and I want to have all my bases covered before I start.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2006, 06:38 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well at home depot in ct you pay for your openers. I think they are less than $2. I have made two paint cans (don't look for them I haven't started my gallery yet) and couldn't close the lid on either of them, so i just wedged it in between the goodies included.