Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Contents of Paint cans (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/contents-paint-cans-172781/)

deca1964 08-09-2006 03:35 AM

Contents of Paint cans

Ok I've just been tripping through the Paint can gallery and am amazed at the great work of course, but also at how much "stuff" is being shown actually going into the tin. Do the majority of you actually stuff all those items into the cans and then put the tops on tight? Or are a lot of you leaving the top of the cans off, tied on somehow, with the contents showing at the top of the cans?
It just amazes me how much stuff can fit in a paint can...LOL:eek:

Oh and those of you that are "shutting" the cans...where are you getting the openers to go with the cans? I like the idea of tying a paint can opener to the tin but wonder where they can be purchased.

Thanks for your help!:)

cathystamps 08-09-2006 04:17 AM

I closed the Wedding Emergency paint can in my gallery. Everything fit in fine. I got a paint can opener from the paint dept. counter in Lowes. If you ask, the salesperson will give you one for free. HTH

deca1964 08-09-2006 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cathystamps
I closed the Wedding Emergency paint can in my gallery. Everything fit in fine. I got a paint can opener from the paint dept. counter in Lowes. If you ask, the salesperson will give you one for free. HTH

heehee..someone else said that too but I guess I figured they might get suspicious if I keep getting free openers but no paint???!! LOL
By the way I checked out your paint can....Fabulous job on it!

canben 08-09-2006 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deca1964
heehee..someone else said that too but I guess I figured they might get suspicious if I keep getting free openers but no paint???!! LOL
By the way I checked out your paint can....Fabulous job on it!

Actually there's nothing they can say... They are free. It's the same with the paint chips. You can go in and take one of each and they can't say anything - a friend actually told the guy at Home Depot that she was taking them specifically for scrapbooking/stamping.

deca1964 08-09-2006 05:22 AM

Well i do that with paint chips too especially since the Manager at my local Hope Depot is a fellow stamper who re-assured me that the paint companies supplies the chips at no cost to them. But I didnt think it was the same for the openers...I mean ..someone has to pay for them somewhere down the line dont they?..L

Mind you...not sure even why I am asking since I havent even made ONE yet let alone a whole slew of them but ya never know...once I start making them I may not stop and I want to have all my bases covered before I start. :):)

olivia'smom 08-09-2006 06:38 AM

Well at home depot in ct you pay for your openers. I think they are less than $2. I have made two paint cans (don't look for them I haven't started my gallery yet) and couldn't close the lid on either of them, so i just wedged it in between the goodies included.