Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-05-2008, 08:44 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer help

I need a little bit of computer help from you wonderful ladies. This is something I have struggled with in the past and always found a way to make it work, but I know there has to be an easier way. I am trying to print inserts for something that need to be 5.5x4.25. So, how do you set up your page so that it will print all of the words and not cut off the edges? I have Office and iwork '08 to use. Thanks so much for your help!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2008, 09:09 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I don't have either of those programs, but in most word processing software you can go to page setup in the menu, and enter the custom page size you need. Or, in your print setup program make sure you specify in the paper size that you want to print on that size paper. You will probably have to select 'custom' and enter the size in there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2008, 10:21 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

I guess I should clarify this a little bit. I want to be able to print four per sheet. So, I want to have four different spaces each 5.5x4.25 on one sheet of paper. Then, I want to be able to cut the paper in fourths and everything be lined up the same on each one. Does that make sense?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2008, 12:41 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

For Word (should be part of Office I think) I normally make a template by having no margins (yeah it doesn't like it but tough) and then I draw a table I think for your project I would draw a table that is 2 columns and 4 rows. I then go into Format/Borders and Shading/Border and select None - you should be able to see the grid but it won't print now.

The top row of boxes will be empty - however you want to return down and make those 2.75 deep (all the rows should be this deep.

the thing you have to remember about this method is that

I then put what I want to print in the 2nd row

and copy the above for the next two rows.

The thing you have to remember is that portrait setup creates landscape inserts and vice versa - probably as clear as mud right?

I have to say I just keep playing until it comes out right AND I center my wording and keep it away from the edges using this method.
Reply With Quote Likes