Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-22-2007, 12:11 PM   #41  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by travelinscrapper
I still haven't heard anything from (moderator edited) ...so I've just filled out a complaint on line with the BBB. I tired calling AGAIN and got no answer. Why wasn't that a surprise. Makes me wonder if they are even in business now. At least I've contacted my cc and they have a hold on the amount that was charged to my acct. They will credit back to me in 45 days. BUT I'm still looking for the punches.
glad to hear you will be refunded, and the punches are supposed to be in stock again end of March on the uchida web site. That's what I'm waiting for, so keep busy stampin til then!
Old 02-23-2007, 10:48 PM   #42  
Hardware Hotshot

I got my refund notification by email tonight....boy am I glad. I did order from www.franticstamper.com and she was just a sweetheart. Should hopefully have my punches in the next couple of weeks and she won't charge my cc until she ships....I'm a happy camper!!
Old 02-24-2007, 01:35 AM   #43  
Kookie Creator

If you pay with PayPal and you do not get the stuff they have a place on their website to report it. They will usually get your money back for you as well.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-24-2007, 05:28 AM   #44  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
Report them to the credit card company. They are not allowed to charge your card until they have shipped the item. They do it because people don't report them.
This is an incorrect Housefan! I have been a retail merchant for close to 10 years and there are many types of companies that can charge before an item is shipped. There are policies we have to follow but we certainly can charge before an item ships.

Don't mean to be a PITA but when inaccurate information is posted and people start calling credit card companies, it costs us merchants!
-::- ((.*
Old 02-24-2007, 06:14 AM   #45  
Kookie Creator

Isn't FranticStamper awesome!!! Luckily, she's sending them in the order we ordered them. But, we'll definitely be getting our punches...not like this other company.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:43 AM   #46  
Embossing Fanatic

Wow, I wish I would have seen this post before I ordered!!!!! I was having the exact same problem as rohla. I just got a response from this company about a refund this morning. I am waiting to see if my credit card has been refunded. My advise: Don't order from this company!!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 04:16 AM   #47  
Embossing Fanatic

Lois, I got the same message about a refund a few days ago, but it has not appeared on my account (I used a debit card which shows all transactions each day). Did you actually get your refund. I am soooo frustrated with this company. I wish I would have read this thread before ordering!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 06:15 AM   #48  
Hardware Hotshot

It showed up the next day on my credit card statement. I'm not sure how the debit card works for refunds...I know as a CSR at Walmart, it can take up to 7 days to put a refund on a debit card and we don't recommend it.
This might the case with your refund to your debit card, it may take 7 days.

If you got a approval code for your transaction return from them, it will just be a matter of a few days I'm sure. I'd say if not in 7 days, contact your back with the transaction date, transaction type, approval code and total amount and see if they can track it down.

Good luck, keep us posted
Lois
Old 03-03-2007, 02:25 PM   #49  
Embossing Fanatic

Just got my refund! I will not be ordering from them again. I checked out the BBB report on them, very interesting. Hope others see this thread before ordering!
Old 04-18-2007, 11:57 AM   #50  
Kookie Creator

I too have ordered from them (march 3) and still have not received my punches. I have sent emails to them and received the same emails that everyone else has been sent.I have contacted my cc company and they are putting a dispute in on my behalf and are credited my account. It does make you not trust people when this happens.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:15 PM   #51  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

eeek...that was a rude reply if you ask me. I had the same problem with them....ordered two punches...they sent one with a note that the other was on backorder but that they will send it (without me paying more shipping!) when it arrives. Duh...I am not going to pay more shipping when they were supposed to ship together.
I am not happy with the response they gave you either...ugh! Doesn't anyone understand customer service? That will just make them lose business in the long run.
I am going to wait to get the others I want when Gina K has them in stock. At least I know i am getting good service from her
Old 04-21-2007, 07:51 PM   #52  
Inking Addict

I just placed an order with them on Apr.6, pay'd using paypal...i've emailed them 4 times, faxed them on Friday and I have yet to hear a word from them. I hope I get my 6 punches sometime from them. Every time I call, I get a recording and that's it...never a way to leave a message or talk to a live person. Upset in Oregon.

Mary
Old 04-22-2007, 02:00 PM   #53  
Matboard Maniac

I ordered the giga scallop punches from Frantic Stamper and she was so sweet and nice to deal with. She had only a few of the gigas left and, fortuntely, I called in time to get those. She told me that she had sold out on the mega punches but I pre-ordered them from her even though she said that they probably wouldn't be in until late in May. I don't mind waiting when I know that I am dealing with an ethical business person -- and I've waited this long so I can wait a little longer for my megas. At least with Fran I know that, when she gets them in, she will ship them out to me. I usually don't order stuff on-line but these scalloped punches seem to be unavailable anywhere else and I had heard such good things about Frantic Stampers here at SCS that I felt completely comfortable ordering from them.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:34 PM   #54  
Inking Addict

Well it's been a month now and still no box at my doorstep. I rec'd an email stating my order was to ship. Still Nothing!! I've emailed them again and still no reply. Boy, I sure hope I get them some day. I'm trying to be patient before I order them from someone else. I'd have to go thru the motions of getting my $ back first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by malia_r
I just placed an order with them on Apr.6, pay'd using paypal...i've emailed them 4 times, faxed them on Friday and I have yet to hear a word from them. I hope I get my 6 punches sometime from them. Every time I call, I get a recording and that's it...never a way to leave a message or talk to a live person. Upset in Oregon.

Mary
Old 05-06-2007, 06:04 PM   #55  
ked
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohla
Finally, I found round and scalloped oval punches online, so I ordered them, paid via PayPal and was overjoyed! I ordered them via 1stopsquare.com....a few days have passed, the money has been taken out of my account and I haven't received any shipment info, so I emailed them and got this response:
Thanks for shopping XXX.com Just a note that we are waiting on a delayed shipment of these punches. The manufacturer ran out some time ago and they are waiting for their incoming shipment. We ran out shortly before receiving your order due to the articles about these punches. Note that we have a shipment coming in from our other warehouse so hopefully a partial shipment will be going out to you in a day or so. Your items will ship upon arrival. On your Credit Card Statement our Company Name will Read…….(moderator edited).
I was outraged that they'd charge me before even having these punches in their warehouse! Am I out of line?
I ordered from the same exact site, and got the same exact thing. They charged my account, and after a couple of months, I received one of the two punches that I ordered. I still have yet to get my Oval Scallop Giga. Talk about IRRITATING. I don't know what to do about it...
Old 06-07-2007, 02:48 PM   #56  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have had big time problems with them. I also ordered in January and only received one punch and no notice on where my others were. After several emails and weeks of waiting, I finally got a note that they were on back order. Finally they shipped and I got one punch twice. The first one and one in the second order were the same. I got two circle scallop punches and no oval. I wrote them numerous emails explaining the problem and asking them to please inform me how I was to return the wrong one. I expected them to pay for the shipping since it was their mistake. They either respond by telling me how to send it back myself or don't respond at all. So now here it is June and still don't have my oval scallop punch. Don't buy from them!!!

Sue's gallery
www.stampinwithsue.stampinup.net
Old 06-07-2007, 03:43 PM   #57  
Matboard Maniac

Oh my goodness, my friend just ordered her punshes from them yesterday. I ordered mine today, but ordered my punches from FranticStamper. Looks like I might be getting mine sooner.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:54 PM   #58  
Rubber Obsessor

I am so sorry that you have all had such horrible problems! I was searching for the punches today and came accross that site. After asking about it here someone showed me a link to this thread. I am glad I asked before ordering! Here is what I don't understand- Why do they still have these punches listed as an available item on their website?? It is almost as if they are TRYING to sell items that they don't have!
Old 06-07-2007, 05:00 PM   #59  
Gallery Gazer

Who thinks we need to re name this thread "don't order from XXX.com" and keep bumping the site so that others become aware of poor sales practices. I am outraged with all of you sistahs.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RED DIVAS!
Old 06-07-2007, 05:05 PM   #60  
Polyshrink Goddess

That's what they do. They make you think they have them in stock. You order and pay for them and then you don't hear from then. You try to reach them and you are lucky if they reply the next month to tell you that they are on back order. Then in my case, they sent the wrong punch and now won't make it right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KellytheMommyView Post
I am so sorry that you have all had such horrible problems! I was searching for the punches today and came accross that site. After asking about it here someone showed me a link to this thread. I am glad I asked before ordering! Here is what I don't understand- Why do they still have these punches listed as an available item on their website?? It is almost as if they are TRYING to sell items that they don't have!

Sue's gallery
www.stampinwithsue.stampinup.net
Old 06-07-2007, 05:12 PM   #61  
Gallery Gazer

bump.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:19 PM   #62  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Just a reminder, please, for all members to be mindful of the SCS Terms of Service, with regards to disparaging remarks directed/aimed at a specific individual, or group of people. SCS extends this policy towards companies as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCS TOS
Members are cautioned to take the greatest care when they post new threads or create a response to an existing thread. We ask that no one creates or condones a post openly disparaging any individual or group of people.
The entire TOS may be viewed in its entirety here: Terms of Service

Posts within this thread have been edited by our Mod Staff, in order to comply with the above.

Thanks.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:43 PM   #63  
Insane Embellisher

Bondgurl started a thread for people to post places they love to shop and had a great online experience. Here is the link: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=252661

Sorry you had such a negative experience.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:31 PM   #64  
Gallery Gazer

Oops, sorry, Her 'Royal Rubberness. I did not remember this policy. I apologize in public, and will adhere from this policy henceforth. A BIG CID!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 08:31 PM   #65  
Gallery Gazer

Adhere TO this policy!!! I promise!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 10:31 PM   #66  
SCS Founder

sorry you guys, I hope no one feels "shushed" by our editing of posts in this thread. what to allow and what not to allow in these types of situations can be very difficult.

when it comes to *individuals*, we request that people never use our forums to make negative accusations, organize retaliatory actions, or divulge personal information. we apply this same courtesy to businesses and other organizations.

there are many reasons for this. for one, these types of threads never tend to benefit anyone, instead spiraling further and further down into negativity.

also, the individual or organization in question is rarely on hand to defend themselves, and even if they were, we aren't about to start conducting public trials here. some would say "I've had a great experience with X!" others would say "I've had a terrible experience with X!"

if you've had a bad experience with these folks, or anyone else, that's certainly not a happy thing. but better to take it up with them directly instead of airing it here.

Needs a sig
Old 06-07-2007, 11:18 PM   #67  
Watercolor Wizard

XXX.com lol I peeked at this thread because I thought to myself, "Why are we talking about porn on SCS and why is it two pages long?"
Old 06-08-2007, 09:32 AM   #68  
SCS Founder

okay, one last post in here from me. I'm afraid I wasn't as clear before as I wanted to be.

if you've had a negative experience we don't forbid you talking about it here (in the SCS forums). we *want* you to have the freedom to talk about whatever you feel is relevant.

at the same time, we also have to be fair to whoever is being talked about. name-calling, insults, accusations, plotting retaliatory actions, all that kind of stuff can't be allowed.

in short, if you've got an experience to recount, good or bad, feel free. but be fair and respectful to the other party.

Needs a sig
Old 06-08-2007, 09:49 AM   #69  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

ohhh...just had to reply because I have never seen a post from "Daven"---he DOES exist!!! lol!

Sorry for the hijacking! Ummmm.....I agree with whatever he says!
Old 06-08-2007, 11:52 AM   #70  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
When you pay anyone with paypal, whether to a store or individual, they automatically get paid right away. That is paypal's doing, not the stores. The store can't wait until they ship to get the money from paypal-paypal deposits it into their account immediately. However, paypal might have a rule of some kind that a store has to ship within x days. I know they do for ebay sellers.
I wanted to add that if you have a dispute with a seller, you can file a complaint with Paypal and they will act on your behalf to resolve the claim. I did this after something I bought on eBay did not arrive. Within 24 hours, I had my money back.