Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-18-2007, 08:00 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Tucson Expo

A Review of My Day at the Tucson Scrapbooking and Rubberstamping Expo:

I only stayed about an hour and a half. The room was just so hot and crowded that I wanted to get out as soon as possible. I don't do crowded spaces very well.

However, while I was there I managed to purchase the following

UnMounted stamps:
Two Ants Carrying a Platter by After Midnight Art Stamps
Saying "Not a morning person" doesn't begin to cover it. by After Midnight
Saying "Sometimes you're the frog, Sometimes you're the fly..." by Starving Artistamps
Saying "Sometimes you're the dog, Sometimes you're the tree..." by Starving Artistamps
Saying "I love you a whole latte!" by Starving Artistamps
Saying "Whatcha bean brewing?" by Starving Artistamps
Frog in a Martini Glass by Sparkle and Sprinkle
Computer Stamp set by Sparkle and Sprinkle (I really only wanted two stamps from the set but individually they had them priced high enough that it was just as cheap to buy the set...the ones that they had available in sets were more expensive individually - compared to other individual stamps that weren't available in sets. That kind of made me mad...but I really wanted the two stamps...so I got the set.)

Accessories:
Stardust clear gelly roll pens (this is a fine point gel pen that is completely clear but leaves glitter behind where you use it...great for outlining things)
Embossing Icing (basically embossing paste but in colors...I chose the fall pallette with 5 colors)
Glass beads (12 colors with no holes)
Non-Smear Pastels (chalks) These are acid-free, lignen free and really do not smear. You can use the same brush from color to color and it doesn't transfer. You never have to clean the brush and it'll never ruin your chalks. It was demo'd with embossing stencils but you can also use it for coloring in stamped images. This was my most expensive purchase of the day but I saw it demoed and really was impressed. I like chalks but rarely use them because of the smearing. I bought a "kit" that came with the pastels-48 colors, the brush, an embossing stylus, two embossing stencils, an eraser, and glitter glue.

I also really WANTED to buy the little book binder machine but couldn't bring myself to spend $60 on it. My friend bought one...maybe if I'm really nice she'll let me borrow it. I thought I'd use the chalks more than the binder machine and it was one or the other because both were expensive. I took $100 cash and was trying to stick to that budget but it didn't work. I think I spent about $150....I told myself I deserved it. I'd just got paid on Friday (my first real paycheck after not working for 10 years) so I felt like I could splurge a little.

Jane
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2007, 08:35 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Way to go Jane.... Glad you had a great shopping day!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes