Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   closures for Sizzix favor handbags? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/closures-sizzix-favor-handbags-482930/)

SoSherry 03-06-2010 12:11 PM

closures for Sizzix favor handbags?

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for closures for the Sizzix handbag favor found here. I haven't had much luck with the magnets that you purchase or the Purse-n-alize- it closures. I was thinking of doing them for a bridesmaid luncheon but want the little purses to stay closed. Velcro seems to work once and then the bag is torn apart. HELP!!!

pjw2855 03-06-2010 01:36 PM

SoSherry .....I use velcro on things like that and it opens and closes very well. I purchase the little round pieces and cut them either in half or quarters and just use that. I've never had a problem with people carefully opening it then reclosing it. Since they are made of cardstock, they're sturdy enough for the velcro. Just don't put items inside that are too heavy or large so they don't put a strain on it.

Patti

GreenDragonLady 03-06-2010 02:13 PM

I use velcro too...I buy the small clear circles so they are unobtrusive.

SoSherry 03-06-2010 02:50 PM

Hmm...maybe I have been using too large a piece of velcro. I will have to try a smaller piece and see if that works better. It seems in the past the velcro usually pulls off one side or the other when trying to open it. I don't want the purses to rip the first time someone tries to open them. They are mostly for decoration, but still!

GreenDragonLady 03-06-2010 02:54 PM

The circles I bought are less than 1/2" I'd say. And because they're clear, I think they're made out of something a little different, so the adhesive is stronger than the hook & loop part, so it's easier to open.

SoSherry 03-06-2010 03:01 PM

Ok, I will have to try that. Thanks so much!

kphorse 03-06-2010 06:22 PM

Have tried the Basic Grey brand os small magnets? I use them all the time and have nothing but good luck with them...

Velcro works, but it picks up so much lint...

SoSherry 03-06-2010 07:00 PM

Actually the Basic Grey brand are the ones I tried and there just wasn't a strong enough hold on them. Maybe I got a bad package because the sticky is not strong at all. I have tried them on several things with no luck. Maybe I should put some "dot" adhesive on them. I did try a liquid adhesive on them and it didn't work either.

MissouriGirl 03-06-2010 09:19 PM

That little purse is adorable! I'm going to have to save my pennies and get that die!
I would try velcro for the closure, I've always had good succes with it, I get the dots at Hobby Lobby and cut them in half or quarter them depending on what size I need. I had trouble with the Back Grey magents not sticking and a glue dot works wonders.

meloleary 03-08-2010 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorse (Post 16272583)
Have tried the Basic Grey brand os small magnets? I use them all the time and have nothing but good luck with them...

Velcro works, but it picks up so much lint...

Gina K has a really good tutorial on how to use these little magnets effectively on StampTV. Try watching that and seeing if it helps. Good luck!

kiwistamper 03-08-2010 07:58 AM

I have this same die and I use the velcro dots - works great!