Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-25-2005, 09:08 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default to stampers in NYC

Hi,
i'll be in Manhattan for 2 weeks in Dec & would like to visit some scrapbooking/stamps stores. Please recommend me w/some names....truly appreciate it! thanks so much in advance!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2005, 07:40 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Look for Kates Paperie - I went there in April. There are four stores in Manhattan. Check their website for details - katespaperie.com. They are definitely worth a visit - they have loads and loads of paper/ cardstock/vellum etc and all sorts of other scapbooking items.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2005, 11:57 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Also, check out the Ink Pad in the village. It is tiny, but packed with stuff, especially artsy type stamps. It is the only "real" stamp store in Manhattan and has a web site. Enjoy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2005, 07:16 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

the ink pad is wonderful - it's teeny, but they have it completely packed with stuff. it's on the west side of 8th avenue, near the 12th street corner (between 12th/13th). a little pricey, but very cozy. the website is http://theinkpadnyc.com/. it's the only true stamp store in the city.

kate's paperie is fantastic with multiple locations. extremely pricey, but the papers are gorgeous. there's not a whole lot of stamping stuff, but their scrapbooking section is growing.

another place you might try is paper presentation on 23 West 18th (i think between 5th & 6th). http://paperpresentation.com/ again, not a whole lot of stamps, but they have lots of embellishments and papers.

lee's art store on 57th between 6th and 7th is more of a true art store, than a crafts store, but they do have some crafting supplies. they have a small stamp section, and their scrapbooking section seems to be growing too.

pearl paint in chinatown at canal street also has crafting supplies. their prices are supposed to be good, but i hate the area because it is always packed and insane. (but if you're interested in some knockoff designer bags, it might be worth it)

if you're willing to go out of manhattan, you can try craftique in brooklyn. i hear they have tons of stuff for scrapbooking !! i've never been, but their number is 718.854.0835 and address is 4401 17th avenue.

of course, there are michael's and joann's and ac moore's outside of the city, but it's probably not worth going since you probably have those in your own neighborhood. i also hear there are more scrapbooking/stamping stores in long island, but am not familiar with any of them.

enjoy your time here!

caroline
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2005, 03:05 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Ditto to everything Calbear said.

Kate's is waaay expensive. It is eye candy but dont plan to purchase there.

Also adding: Paper Access on W18th bet 5th and 6th. It is a paper store primarily but you can purchase cardstocks by the sheet and they do have a section of stampable items ( boxes, bags etc) as well as a small scrapbook section with a variety of scrapbook/stamp embellishments, inks, books and magazines and ribbon. Ribbon is expensive here.

I dont think pearl paint is a worthwhile stop for stamping supplies but it is great for other artistic supplies: gamsol, watercolro paper, brushes, etc. It is originally an art store and artists' supplies are their strength

Keep in mind the various shopping 'districts" in manhattan, too: the flower shops in the west teens to low twenties for fake flowers, the garment district for buttons, ribbons and other notions, etc. The west side in the teens between 5th and 6th also have a few paper stores where you can purchase speciality paper by the sheet and envelopes. I always find great envelopes at Jam on 6th bet. 16th and 17th ( I think).

Barnes and noble is a great source for crafting magazines as is the Ink Pad,
especially if you are looking for back issues. The publications that the ink pad carries are less commerical, though

If you have access to car, the outer boroughs have access to ac moore, joanns, michaels and target which are always worthwhile stops. There is a target in brooklyn that you can reach easily by subway.

edited to add: paper acces is the same as paper presentation.

Last edited by toodme; 10-27-2005 at 03:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2005, 12:41 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

oooh....thank you so much for your responses guys! i'm now even more excited...i wish next week is Dec!!! i'm from Hawaii so there's very limited stores here...there's no Target (ahh!! i know) or Michael's :mad: ... so i'm looking forward to visit them esp. Michael's since everyone here has been talking about it. Most of the stamps or scrapbook stores here don't carry all the brands or would run out very quickly of the popular designs :rolleyes: .
gosh...i can see myself bringing an extra luggage just for these stuff already!

aloha

Last edited by xiunyuki; 10-28-2005 at 12:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes