Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-28-2020, 06:29 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cling stamp storage ideas

I was wondering what options are now available to store cling mount stamps. I want to be able to store them in the Avery Elle Stamp and Storage Pockets. I purchased the stamp n storage cards. https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/product?id=455318 I'm wondering if you are aware of something along this line that is a full sheet that I can cut down to the correct size? Thank You
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2020, 07:11 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 290 Likes on 114 Posts

Diane (fionna51) turned me on to the idea of using laminated cardstock for storing stamps, many moons ago now. Since I re-vamp my storage periodically I've used all different sizes of cards and it's been a very economical way for me to do this. I have this laminator and these pouches, but there are other options available, as well. Bonus: you can also use the laminator to do foiling...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2020, 08:01 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I also use laminated cardstock and pouches - Avery Elle.  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2020, 03:23 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't use pockets, but have been laminating my own cardstock- A4- and keeping in lever arch binders for years.  I do use the Avery Elle pockets with magnetic sheets to store all my cutting dies though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2020, 01:11 PM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

For cling and clear I have been buying laminated pages-they are heavier than laminated CS (for me and before I even thought about it) and buying binders from costco for them bc it is way cheaper there. 11.99 for 4 round ring 2 inch binders. 

I get the full size pages-they come plain or with tabs. This is the plain: 

https://www.scrapbook.com/store/nm-ss05.html?w=ez+mount+

I did try the crafter companion binder for dies and it was awful. Not strong enough. Five full mag pages with the dies are too heavy for it and G-d forbid you drop one even empty, they crack/break. My dies are in pouches now. 
I do use laminated CS for my UN-mounted stamps. Two of those with index sheets into a large zip lock bag with a big subject label on the outside so I just flip through the bags. They dont always stay "stuck" so this way if they come loose, I dont lose any.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-29-2020, 01:16 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Location: Michigan ( where else can you point out where you live on your hand)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stamp the images on CS  then Laminate.  I punch with a 3 hole punch and store in 3 ring binders.  If Im going somewhere to stamp I take the pages I need and put them in an iris 
12x12 box along with my supplies so none of them fall off in transit and get lost. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2020, 04:51 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,120 Likes on 503 Posts

I shared my full system here: 

My stamps are on PVC sheets (plastic report covers from mybinding.com), stored in plastic boxes and CD cases (sentiments) by theme. Everything is cataloged in Evernote.

I'm still using the same system and very happy with it. The only thing (which I anticipated) is that some of the tabs on the boxes are weakening, but I planned from the beginning to only open the back end of the boxes, and if those tabs eventually fall off, it's no big deal.
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2020, 08:10 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
Diane (fionna51) turned me on to the idea of using laminated cardstock for storing stamps, many moons ago now. Since I re-vamp my storage periodically I've used all different sizes of cards and it's been a very economical way for me to do this. I have this laminator and these pouches, but there are other options available, as well. Bonus: you can also use the laminator to do foiling...

I do this also with one difference I use 5 mil laminating pouches and 110# cardstock in between. Makes the sheet very sturdy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2020, 08:38 AM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

I insert the card backing the stamps came on inside Avery Elle envelopes then label the top of the envelope. It works great and I always know where the stamp set came from. I store my envelopes upright in refrigerator bins. My stamps are organized by theme so I did laminate taller pieces of card stock then labeled them with the theme to put between categories. This has been my method for about three years.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2020, 11:48 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 106 Likes on 63 Posts

I never thought of doing laminated cardstock. I generally cut the seams & top flap off a stamp storage pocket. I just stick my cling stamps to one of the resulting "sheets," and put it in an intact storage pocket. I stamp the images that are in that pocket on a sheet of white cardstock & slip that into the pocket in front of the stamps, so I have an "index print" of sorts I can see when I'm shuffling through my stamp sets. Works great for me!

Proud Dirty Dozen Design Team Alumna!
Featured Stamper #564
Blog: Andrea's Paper Antics
SCS Gallery

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2020, 05:06 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 43 Likes on 18 Posts

Crafter's Companion makes full size sheets. I cut them to 6½x9¼ and use the Avery Extra large storage pockets. That way I can store several sets together. I usually stamp the images on a piece of copy paper and stick that on the other side of the pocket.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2020, 05:24 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Evernote

Quote:

Originally Posted by diniView Post
I shared my full system here: 

My stamps are on PVC sheets (plastic report covers from mybinding.com), stored in plastic boxes and CD cases (sentiments) by theme. Everything is cataloged in Evernote.

I'm still using the same system and very happy with it. The only thing (which I anticipated) is that some of the tabs on the boxes are weakening, but I planned from the beginning to only open the back end of the boxes, and if those tabs eventually fall off, it's no big deal.

Took at look at your website & system...VERY impressive!  But mostly impressed with using Evernote with tagging and it's searchable!  I just want to catalog the cards I send, to whom, along with a picture & any details. Looks like it might just work!  Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2020, 05:28 PM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmillimanView Post
I insert the card backing the stamps came on inside Avery Elle envelopes then label the top of the envelope. It works great and I always know where the stamp set came from. I store my envelopes upright in refrigerator bins. My stamps are organized by theme so I did laminate taller pieces of card stock then labeled them with the theme to put between categories. This has been my method for about three years.

I do exactly the same...we obviously both follow Jennifer McGuire!  Works well for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2020, 01:35 AM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

I purchased an A4 metal cabinet from a store which was closing down: ten drawers about 2" deep.  On the bottom of each drawer I've put the backing sheet from the EZ Mount I used when I de-mounted my wood-backed rubber stamps and I can store the larger rubber stamps directly on that.  Smaller rubber stamps and all of my clear stamps are in CD cases, with the backing sheets from the stamps beneath, between and on top of the sets - these get stacked on top of the large stamps and I can get 3 x 3 lots of CD cases in each drawer.  I've used this sytem since about 12 years ago, when it contained just wood-mounted stamps, so it's quite versatile, given the increase in the number of stamps that I have and the switch to de-mounted and clear stamps.  The drawers sit under the workspace, so I don't have to worry about taking up room on the counter-top.

Lynda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2020, 05:22 AM   #15  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmillimanView Post
I think I may try this. It sounds easy enough and I understood your comment! Thanks cmilliman
Reply With Quote Likes