Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Cleaning Stamps? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/cleaning-stamps-79727/)

Partyof5 08-20-2005 10:57 AM

Cleaning Stamps?

I am very new to all of stamping, but i have ran out of my stamp cleaner, any suggestions on how to keep working with my stamps to day without my cleaner for my scrub pad?

WeimFamily 08-20-2005 11:13 AM

I use baby wipes - Pampers Lavendar are the best that I've found. Also, you mix a tiny bit of dish soap in a lot of water in a spray bottle. That would definitely work for a short term solution.

calgramma 08-20-2005 12:53 PM

Before I thought I needed the Stampin' Scrub, I used to use Simple Green. Works great and I still use it when I run out of cleaner. It's biodegradable and won't hurt a thing! HTH

Tracy Palmateer 08-20-2005 08:39 PM

Cleaning Stamps

I have been stamping for over 15 years. I love it. I have pretty much only used water on my stamps and an old toothbrush. It works great. I have not had any stamps dry or crack. They are in as good a condition as the day I bought them. Cheap and easy.

Sairabee 08-20-2005 08:42 PM

I've been using water on my scrub pad since the day I bought it four years ago. I've never used a special stamp cleaner and have never had any problem... though I will say that I don't use craft pads, only the classic water based ones...

dstfrommi 08-20-2005 08:43 PM

Another baby wipe fan here. My favorite is the Target unscented, although I haven't tried the lavendar Pamper brand. I do love lavendar, I'll have to give them a try.

whiskeystamper 08-20-2005 08:47 PM

Plain water is good to

I use just water in a spray misting bottle and a damp paper towel, I use the industrial paper towels, I can reuse one 15 to 20 times before I toss it ,,

if something is really ugly, I use a electric toothbrush,,,, just a cheapy kids one.
Great for getting the gunk out,,,,

Mahloumel 08-20-2005 08:49 PM

I use just plain water, too. I used to run them under the tap, but then I read about someone's advice here to wet a rag towel and dab/rub your stamp on/over it to clean the ink off, and that's been much more convenient for me.

I have had a few stamps change colour, where the rubber changes from the dark brownish red to a lighter, orangey colour, and also change texture to something more brittle. I think that those stamps were made from a bad batch of rubber (I buy from the LSS, not SU) cos I treat all my stamps the same.

dixie123ca 08-21-2005 06:56 PM

cleaning stamps

I also ran out of stamp cleaner. I found a recipe for cleaner using baby wash and water. I mix a few drops with water in my bottle seems to work allright for me. Smells good too!!

handstampedhappiness 08-21-2005 07:01 PM

I've used baby wipes for about 8 years now. My stamps are still in great condition. I used baby wipes before I even had babies. :)

Kathryn

BSTAMPINITUP 08-22-2005 07:25 PM

I HAVE USE SIMPLE GREEN, WINDEX WITHOUT AMMONIAHAS WORKED FOR ME AND GOOD OLD SOAP AND WATER HAS ALSO WORKED FOR ME.

suchaladie 08-24-2005 09:56 AM

I was introduced to Foam Stamps recently and I've heard the baby wipes work well. I can't wait to get my paints and try them out. Before I bought the stampin mist from S/U, I used water. Well the mist is about to run out so I guess I'll be mixing up some stuff. Good Luck!