Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Cleaning the Stamp and Scrub? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/cleaning-stamp-scrub-16528/)

Marzbar71 11-15-2004 04:23 AM

Cleaning the Stamp and Scrub?

Can I put the pads in the dishwasher? Is it OK to put them in with my regular dishes, etc.?

Mine are starting to get a little gross.

Marzee

PHayes25 11-15-2004 04:39 AM

Cleaning Pads

I have never tried the dishwasher. I just run mine under water and put a drop or two of dishwasher soap on them and scrub them with my nails, rinse them really, really good and put them in the dish drain to dry.

Hannah_Banana 11-15-2004 04:40 AM

I have heard you can use the dishwasher, but not to leave 'em in there during the drying session. I personally just use a bit of Dawn in my sink and rub 'em clean. Then rinse with cold water. I leave 'em face down on paper towels to dry.

Hannah~Banana

Pink Stamper 11-15-2004 04:44 AM

I put mine in the dishwasher last night and I wouldn't do it again. I forgot about it and so it went through the drying cycle and well I think I ruined them. They bent so bad I can't get them back in the holder.
So I would just hand wash or maybe try the washing machine.

ilove2stamp2001 11-15-2004 05:01 AM

I usually clean mine in the sink with dish soap. I too put mine in the dishwasher and they are bent pretty badly. However, when I find that the stamps are still leaving a gray halo after being cleaned I soak them in bleach water to get all the residue out.

Yes, they stay black! :)
- Susan
www.inkedblessings.stampinup.net

Marzbar71 11-15-2004 05:43 AM

Thanks for the help! I will clean mine in the sink tonight!

Marzee

GMAX 11-15-2004 05:59 AM

I find that I have to clean mine right after stamping with a craft ink. No big deal, 'though.

RobinLee 11-15-2004 06:10 AM

I have accidentally put mine through the dry cycle in the dishwasher, and as long as you can warm them up again you can put them back into the holder. They still work fine.

Robin

crazyforstampin 11-15-2004 06:33 AM

I find that I have to clean them every so often otherwise they leave a residue on the stamp. I run my under water till the water runs clear. You can see that the bottom is stained with a green ink that I used but as the water doesn't run green I don't care.

-Prachi

GavynnsMom 11-16-2004 02:30 AM

I always put mine in the dishwasher for the entire cycle and have never had a problem with it. Maybe my dry cycle is defective of something...

Joy

meldan 11-16-2004 04:15 AM

I put mine in the dishwasher on the top rack and it was fine, dried it and all...

wrenchgirl 11-16-2004 04:42 AM

I too have always put mine through all cycles of the dishwasher even the pots and pans cycles and have never had a problem. Sometimes they curl a little but the clips hold them down fine. Most of the time I make sure they are standing up on the top rack and then they don't curl. If I take take them out before the drying cycle it takes them too long to dry, so I always leave them in.

stampintina 11-16-2004 04:47 AM

I am so glad this subject came up. I wasn't sure whether or not to put it in the dishwasher or not. It seems like some have had luck with it and some not. I guess I will try some dish soap first and see how it is. Right now I have silver Encore ink staining everything I try to clean off. Thanks for all of the ideas, this place is the best!

cyclinggirl24 11-17-2004 09:17 PM

Hi Marzee!

I didn't buy the scrubber yet, but I just wanted to say Hi to Marzee! It's cyclinggirl24 from Archiver's Niles (which I recently quit...) I'm moving on to Windy City Scrapbooking instead. Hope to see you there sometime!

:) Sorry, just wanted to say hello!
-Candace

grace 11-17-2004 10:06 PM

I just rinse mine underwater then squeeze out the water with an old towel and then leave them to dry...it doesn't matter if their stained...only if they have wet ink that will pass back to the stamp you're trying to clean.

MyraRivera 11-18-2004 01:20 AM

I also clean mine in the sink with Dawn, but if I've used it a lot that day or if I used Versamark, then I also scrub a little with a soft toothbrush to ensure it gets clean !!! :)

~ Myra

katiestamper 11-18-2004 12:38 PM

I keep two. One for Versamark and one for ink. I don't use it for craft ink though. I just use a towel. It makes too big of a mess to mix them all.