Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   cleaning ez mounted stamps? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/cleaning-ez-mounted-stamps-346468/)

thechecker 05-08-2008 11:10 AM

cleaning ez mounted stamps?

I have some stamps on EZ mount that don't cling anymore.
I know how to clean acrylic stamps, but how do you clean the
ez mount? I don't really want to put it in water, lol.

I googled but couldn't find any info.

I do clean them on the block with stamp cleaner, and I have tried to
clean the backs with the scrub and cleaner, but with no results.

Thanks,
Anne

KLF 05-08-2008 11:49 AM

The only thing I could think of if they don't stick anymore is to wipe off the back well, dry it, then coat them with Aleene's Tack It Over and Over glue.
Karen

jenny4wheel 05-08-2008 11:51 AM

Well if they're not sticking anymore anyway...I'd wash them with some gentle soap and water. What's the worst that could happen?

cbet 05-08-2008 11:59 AM

I've had ones that lost their stick and I just washed the backs up and they stuck again. If they get glitter or powder or something like that on the cling side, they do stop clinging. The cling comes back when you wash away the powder.

thechecker 05-08-2008 12:32 PM

Thanks. I just washed all my acrylics that lost stick, so I will try it on a few ez mounts that aren't my faves... lol.

Anne

asuncionshija 05-08-2008 12:54 PM

Yes! You can absolutely wash with a little gentle soap & water! Or just a little water first.... When using a cleaner you want to leave it on the block, just in case it reacts badly with the static cling side, but water will be fine! :D

allamericanstampers 05-08-2008 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asuncionshija (Post 9767289)
Yes! You can absolutely wash with a little gentle soap & water! Or just a little water first.... When using a cleaner you want to leave it on the block, just in case it reacts badly with the static cling side, but water will be fine! :D

That may be the problem. I leave them on the block when I use stamp cleaner. But I often rub them under running water and just clean them with my thumb! I let my stamps dry then around the edge of the bathroom sink, either on or off the block.

Good luck!

greetingsbydebra 05-08-2008 04:56 PM

Gently wash the EZ Mount and let it air dry. Should stick like new.

thechecker 05-09-2008 04:42 AM

thanks!

I will try washing some today.

Anne

jeanstamping2 05-09-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thechecker (Post 9766287)
I have some stamps on EZ mount that don't cling anymore.
I know how to clean acrylic stamps, but how do you clean the
ez mount? I don't really want to put it in water, lol.

I googled but couldn't find any info.

I do clean them on the block with stamp cleaner, and I have tried to
clean the backs with the scrub and cleaner, but with no results.

Thanks,
Anne

When my stamps become unclingy. I wipe them off with a Damp cloth.

If you do put them in water. DON'T Leave them there for more a few seconds.
The foam will soak up the water. and your foam will be not good anymore.

Make sure you clean your acrylic block really good too. There might a something on them as well.

How long have you had the Ez-mount foam on this stamp?

I have one set that I have had for about 6 years now. And everyone once in awhile the cling doesn't work as good as it use too. but then I go through the cleaning process and it becomes clingy again.

SCEmily 05-09-2008 06:20 PM

So you can't clean unmounted stamps with the Stampin Scrub:confused:?

asuncionshija 05-09-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCEmily (Post 9781204)

You can but you want to leave it on the block so that cleaner doesn't get on the cling stuff....
Clear as mud?:D

mungojerry 05-10-2008 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCEmily (Post 9781204)

Rather than scrubbing, I tend to pounce the stamps on the the cleaning side and gently wipe them off on the dry side.

SCEmily 05-10-2008 12:33 PM

Oh, okay. Thanks! I've been considering going UM, but only if I can still use my SS:).

jeanstamping2 05-10-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCEmily (Post 9786182)
Oh, okay. Thanks! I've been considering going UM, but only if I can still use my SS:).

Sometimes the Ez-mount foam becomes alittle unclingy. And needs to be cleaned really good to get all the hair, link, dust, and whatever else it picks up.

Just clean it with a little water and let it air dry. or wipe with a lint free cloth.

But DON'T soak your stamp in water. the foam will soak up that water and will be no good anymore.

firmpress 05-13-2008 05:17 PM

Real EZ Mount shouldn't wear out.

Genuine EZ Mount - I hear there are knock-offs, can't wear out because there is nothing to wear out. They are called cling but quality EZ Mount stick temporary through vacuum and air pressure if they are made absolutely flat. So get good quality only. You know how something wet sticks to a window and you can barely pry it off? EZ Mount being perfectly flat so that no air can get between the mount and stamp works the same way. But be sure to clean them once in a while. Water won't hurt them. If they are dirty they are not perfectly smooth and flat to stick. I think most brands of EZ Mount are good. I use Sunday International's because they have an unconditional lifetime guarantee. I also like their excellent designs.