Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-07-2006, 11:07 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Cleaning CTMH stamps..

I'm starting to hate the CTMH stamps that I have... It's a pain to clean them. Any suggestions.. I'm about ready to sell them...I'm all about easy cleaning and this ain't goin that easy.

Shannon
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-07-2006, 11:09 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

I hear that the Ultra Clean stamp cleaner is pretty awesome....

But I've also heard that clear stamps stain really badly sometimes too...
Faerey Blog
Old 07-07-2006, 11:13 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

With ALL stamps there will be some staining. Reds, purples and blacks do leave a stain almost instantly. I would suggest a mild dishsoap and warm water, rinse and let air dry - there will be some color residue but, it should help.

So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:13 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shasync
I'm starting to hate the CTMH stamps that I have... It's a pain to clean them. Any suggestions.. I'm about ready to sell them...I'm all about easy cleaning and this ain't goin that easy.

Shannon

Hmmm, not sure what I should say (crazycatstamper - hope you're reading this) CTMH does sell a spritz bottle that is a stamp cleaner for the MY ACRYLIX stamps. They say the formula of the cleaner changed, but frankly I think it's all the same stuff.

The MY ACRYLIX will stain and once it's PINK or RED or whatever color - it's there to stay. So, if you don't like staining on the rubber/stamp part - then maybe they aren't for you. I agree I sold all my sets - I LOVE WOOD STAMPS - - I kept two acrylic sets. I don't like the fact that if you're mass producing cards for a swap - you basically need two sets of EVERY BLOCK - - otherwise, you're spending most of your time "peeling on and off".

However, if you love the fact that the clear stamps helps you position your image - -then GO FOR IT !! Everyone has their own opinon - - - mine is, I started 10 years ago with wood and I will continue and that's why I'm with SU.
I like CTMH designs though.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:13 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Default RE

Well that's why I'm thinking that the TAC would be ideal... because I like the clear positioning but I hate the acrylic stamps...so we'll see
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2006, 03:21 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

I hear you! I bought 2 sets a couple of years ago. Never could get a decent print, never could get the ink off, and now they have turned to the consistency of warm chewed gum. They have been stored only in the original container in a drawer in a cool place.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:32 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabelle1974
I hear you! I bought 2 sets a couple of years ago. Never could get a decent print, never could get the ink off, and now they have turned to the consistency of warm chewed gum. They have been stored only in the original container in a drawer in a cool place.

I have a customer with a similar problem - it seems that the gummy ones weren't cured properly - you can try to get ahold of your demo and see if they can be replaced - it probally has been too long to get a refund.

To get a good print with CTMH stamps, place the foam piece that comes with each stamp set underneath the project in order to give it the same "give" a wood mounted set has. Just so you know

So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:19 PM   #8  
Inking Addict

I have many sets of both and while they are different, I can still work with them. My CTMH stamps have stained, but they still work good and they cost less and I like the designs. My SU stamps stain a little too, especially with the black and my wood gets stained, but I like the wood stamps and the designs.

If all the designs I liked came from one company, I would probably only have one kind, I have learned not to get too worried about the staining as long as they still stamp good, it's ok for me.

Patti
Old 07-07-2006, 05:55 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Alle Rednic, I agree with you. Like I said in the other thread about CTMH, I have lots of both kinds, and have no trouble with any of them. CTMH stamps are easy to clean with their spritz or SU, but most times, I just use warm water (and soap if it needs it). Some stain, some don't. Don't press too hard.

Nancy
Old 07-08-2006, 02:54 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I don't like the fact that if you're mass producing cards for a swap - you basically need two sets of EVERY BLOCK - - otherwise, you're spending most of your time "peeling on and off".
When I'm mass producing, instead of mounting and unmounting, or needing 2 blocks, I mount on both sides of the block. If I have a small image that I also need, I mount it on the end of the block. Saves all that peeling on and off!

Suz
http://www.suzastampin.com
Old 07-08-2006, 08:31 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

I found out using one of those Mr Clean Magic Erasers on my acrylic blocks got Staz-on off them so I thought I'd try an acrlic stamp that was badly stained with black Staz-on and it worked! It left a light grey stain but it's still see through and so much cleaner now!

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com
Old 07-08-2006, 08:54 AM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

As long as there is no ink left on the image then that is clean for me. I don't think I understand why the acrylic stamps need to be scrubbed so much as in the OP; I just dab mine on a damp rag then a dry one, and if I am worried I will test stamp on a piece of scrap paper to see if there is ink stamping off, and if not then life is good!
Old 07-08-2006, 10:59 AM   #13  
too
Matboard Maniac

Great idea!! Never thought of that. Sometimes the simpliest things just don't come to mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzastampin
When I'm mass producing, instead of mounting and unmounting, or needing 2 blocks, I mount on both sides of the block. If I have a small image that I also need, I mount it on the end of the block. Saves all that peeling on and off!

Suz
http://www.suzastampin.com

Visit my gallery - https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=29362
Old 07-08-2006, 01:09 PM   #14  
Mad Swapper

Mel- they don't *need* to be, I was just suggesting this if it bugs you that they are stained. Most of the time I don't mind but some stamps (rubber included) of mine just get so bad I want to get them cleaner. I think of my stamps as tools and if it's stained that means it's well loved But I know some people are anal about keeping them clean too

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com