Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Clean and Simple (CAS) Favorites for the Week Ending October 30, 2011 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/clean-simple-cas-favorites-week-ending-october-30-2011-a-541169/)

LateBlossom 10-30-2011 04:23 AM

Clean and Simple (CAS) Favorites for the Week Ending October 30, 2011

Welcome to the Clean and Simple (or CAS, for short) Favorites Thread. This is the place to celebrate our favorite CAS projects that were uploaded to the gallery during the past week. Everyone is invited to participate by linking to their favorites and by commenting! Just dive right in...the water is fine!

I'll get us started!

artystamper posted this delightfully clean and simple wax paper bag for Christmas treats

stampinandrea used nontraditional colors for her fantastically soft and dreamy CAS141 Christmas card

kyann22 used lots of layers but still kept a CAS feel on her Red/Pink Christmas card with monochromatic color and very clean lines

eggette created a light and pretty Christmas card with a musical background and gorgeous poinsettia centerpiece

Tami Mayberry took brown and white and made CAS brilliance with her Happiness and Joy one-layer card

elmo98ca took black, soft dark blue, and vellum to a whole new level of Christmas card with her winter scene...who knew black diecut silhouettes would be so effective on a winter card?

hskelly made me laugh out loud with her Pickled Tink card...one layer, one stamp, brilliant!

Aimes used debossed text for a clean and simple and very effective background on her A Bird card

My time in the gallery this week was very limited, so I can't wait to see what the rest of you favorited! Please share!

And as always, thanks to all the many people who upload their work here at SCS. It takes time and effort to share, and that sharing makes this the best place anywhere to get inspiration!

eggette 10-30-2011 05:24 AM

Thank you so much for recognizing my card in your favorites this week!

kyann22 10-30-2011 05:25 AM

Thank you so much, Susan! It is always so nice to wake up to a little note that someone liked your work. :)

Here's a couple of my favorites this week:

Princessforj created this amazing poinsettia card that really stunned me with all its sparkle and beauty.

tankgrl made this Oh What Fun card that caught my eye. I struggle to use die cut letters on my card and it she made it look so easy AND beautiful.

TrishG 10-30-2011 05:39 AM

A few of my favorites from this week...

CAS141: Well Worn Stripes by atsamom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Pine Wreath by Loll Thompson - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
CAS141~Contempo Cardinal by darleenstamps - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Baby Polaroid by Clear and Simple - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
CAS141 - Pinecones by susie nelson - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Rich Island Breeze Birthday_lb by Clownmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Baby Events by Carmen - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

tankgrl 10-30-2011 06:02 AM

BIG hugs to kyann22 for the Sweet comment on my Oh what fun card! I have to agree with you it is so nice to find a little note that someone liked your creation.... Thanks again!

hskelly 10-30-2011 06:45 AM

Thanks Susan for mentioning my card - it was fun to make and I appreciate the recognition! Thanks Karen for letting me know.

Loll Thompson 10-30-2011 06:50 AM

Thank you to TrishG for mentioning my Pine Wreath card from this week ... I really appreciate it. Thanks to Karen for letting me know.

A few of my favorite this week:
Heart Tree by noonuh - heart tree by noonuh - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Autumn Parade by k dunbrook - WT346, Autumn Parade by k dunbrook - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Sending you Sunshine by naturecoastcrafter - Sending You Sunshine by naturecoastcrafter - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

k dunbrook 10-30-2011 06:57 AM

Thanks so very much Loll, for the mention of my card....really made my day brighter and very appreciated!!

susie nelson 10-30-2011 08:17 AM

Thank you, TrishG, for choosing my card as a CAS favorite this week. I appreciate it. I never thought that simple little card would be so well received. Thanks again.

naturecoastcrafter 10-30-2011 08:46 AM

Loll Thompson, thank you so much for your mention of my Sunshine card this week. It's a big deal to me, really. Thanks again.

Carmen 10-30-2011 09:33 AM

Thanks for mentioning my Card Trish! I appreciate it!! and thank Karen for letting me know!

Tami Mayberry 10-30-2011 10:44 AM

Thank you for your kind words, Susan :)

nancy littrell 10-30-2011 11:59 AM

I thought this was an exceptional week for CAS cards :p Enjoy

Loll Thompson Pine Branches
sarsam.....Shelli's bright and cheerful b-day card
Biggan......Sweet little girl Merry Christmas
Arizona Maine...Gorgeous Lovely Branches Christmas Tree
darleenstamps....CAS Cardinal Beauty
k dunbrook...sketch inspired gorgeous fall card
LilLuvsStampin....Sewn with Love
Shadow's Mom....Pop Art Beauty
jkanack.....Gorgeous fall colors and technique

elmo98ca 10-30-2011 12:10 PM

Susan, thank you so much for mentioning my silhouette card! You made my day, perhaps even my week! :)

Clownmom 10-30-2011 01:02 PM

Thanks so much, Trish, for mentioning my birthday card.

darleenstamps 10-30-2011 01:13 PM

Thanks Nancy, for making my cardinal card one of your faves!!! You made my day!

k dunbrook 10-30-2011 01:22 PM

Thanks so very much Nancy, for the mention of my card....so very appreciated~

Loll Thompson 10-30-2011 01:30 PM

Thanks Nancy for picking my Pine Branches card as one of your favorites this week. Really appreciated!!

Thanks Karen for letting me know ... I know it's a lot of work to notify everyone and it is much appreciated!

Shadow's Mom 10-30-2011 01:42 PM

Thank you so much Nancy for mentioning my Missed the Boat card! And Karen, thanks to you too for letting me know!

lisa lara 10-30-2011 03:35 PM

I had the joy of hostessing HOPE YOU CAN CLING TO CHALLENGE #27....PICKLED TINK (make a humorous CAS card with a splash of pink) this week. You're going to see some of those in my faves.

My Faves:
Chupa - Holiday blessings
artsy_em - What We See
Understandblue - HYCCT1127 Splash of pink
Tammie E - BAD MANNERS?
eliotstamps - Grass in pink 10.11 MKL

jpardoe - JYCCT1127 Not Feeling So Hot?
Clownmom - HYCCT1127 Hairy Potter_lb
Holstein - HYCCT1127 Boot kickin
naturecoastcrafter - A Simple Message

hskelly - HYCCT1127 Pickled Tink
terry serman - HYCCT1127 Humorous CAS
LilLuvsStampin - HYCCT Designer Outhouse CKM
Wdoherty - Cancer Stinks
catdidit - Cancer is for the birds!
NancyK. - WT346 Celebrating Autumn.nk
artsy_em - Let the Good Times Roll
LilLuvsStampin - HYCCT Hey Girl CKM
hskelly - HYCCT1125 FBW177 Happy Birthday
tankgrl - Lattice Thanks
BeckyTE - CC346 Indigo Thanks
fionna51 - HYCCT1115 P.I.N.K.
Geri Glynn - A moment in time
Biggan - CAS-ual Fridays 25
bfinlay - CAS141 Cupcake Thankyou
krischir - CAS141 Happy Bark-day
hskelly - CAS141 HYCCT1119 You Are Amazing
artystamper - CAS141 Gingerbread Holiday Hugs
elmo98ca - Baby You Can Drive My Car -CAS141
stagccva - CAS141 -Joyful Greetings

darleenstamps 10-30-2011 03:46 PM

Thanks Trish, for mentioning my cardinal card - you certainly made my day!!

catdidit 10-30-2011 05:52 PM

Thank you sooooo much Lisa for favoring my card, I really enjoyed your challenge too! :D

mepylant 10-30-2011 06:26 PM

I found a few flying into my FAVES album this week!

maryrose: Autumn Wishes
noonuh: heart tree
Tami Mayberry: Stars

Clownmom 10-31-2011 02:22 AM

Thanks, Lisa, for mentioning the card I did for your humorous CAS challenge -- and also to Karen for letting me know.

fionna51 10-31-2011 04:06 AM

Thanks, Lisa, for mentioning my P.I.N.K. challenge card...and for pointing out a few beauties that I missed this week! That always happens...and that's why I love this thread...well, one reason, anyway. ;)

Here's some of my faves from the week.

ctorina
briarthyme
susie australia
ahlers5
red balloon
artsy_em
lisaadd
biggan

So, is there anything else I missed?

naturecoastcrafter 10-31-2011 04:20 AM

Lisa, you gave us a great challenge and fun time. Thank you for the mention of my Save the Hooters card!

NancyK. 10-31-2011 04:45 AM

Lisa - thanks so much for mentioning my card this week!!!!!!!

UnderstandBlue 10-31-2011 05:03 AM

Thank you sweet Lisa for mentioning my Erma Bombeck/pink card!!! It has started my week off with a bang!!!

LilLuvsStampin 10-31-2011 06:10 AM

Thank you, Nancy and Lisa, for mentioning a couple of my cards! You make me smile!!

eliotstamps 10-31-2011 06:28 AM

Oh, Lisa, thanks so much for mentioning my Kick some grass card. I had so much fun with your challenge!

eliotstamps 10-31-2011 06:32 AM

I thought I'd add one to the list this week. I favorited this awesome card by Tami Mayberry this week: Happy Birthday by Tami Mayberry - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

hskelly 10-31-2011 07:47 AM

Lisa thank you so much for favoriting three of my cards - what an honor and I appreciate it to much! Thank you Karen for letting me know - I appreciate you!!

briarthyme 10-31-2011 09:08 AM

diane, thanks so much!! i so appreciate this:) you and karen are such sweeties!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51 (Post 18872501)
Thanks, Lisa, for mentioning my P.I.N.K. challenge card...and for pointing out a few beauties that I missed this week! That always happens...and that's why I love this thread...well, one reason, anyway. ;)

Here's some of my faves from the week.

ctorina
briarthyme
susie australia
ahlers5
red balloon
artsy_em
lisaadd
biggan

So, is there anything else I missed?

Geri Glynn 10-31-2011 12:43 PM

Thank you ever so much Lisa for mentioning my card. You have really made my day. I'm from the UK and just getting used to this site, and I'm amazed out of all the cards, mine jumped out.
I'm due in New York soon (1st visit to USA) and I'm so excited. Once again THANKS X

jpardoe 10-31-2011 01:46 PM

Thank you Lisa for mentioning my Don't Feel So Hot Card! Very sweet of you. Cyberhugz! :-)

maryrose 10-31-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mepylant (Post 18871975)
I found a few flying into my FAVES album this week!

maryrose: Autumn Wishes
noonuh: heart tree
Tami Mayberry: Stars

Thanks, Melina! There were so many awesome CAS cards this week. It's a honor to be in the same gallery with them!

elmo98ca 10-31-2011 04:21 PM

Lisa, thank you so much for mentioning my card! You made my day! Thanks to Karen for letting me know. I really appreciate that you take the time to do this every week!

Holstein 10-31-2011 05:46 PM

Lisa, Thank-you soooo much for the thumbs up on my boot kickin card. I'm honored that you favored it. You had one of the best challenges for the hope project. Music and humor lightens the load even if it's only for a short time. Thanks Karen for giving your time to let me know. Made my Monday. Thanks again. Linda

noonuh 10-31-2011 11:36 PM

Thank you, Loll and Melina, for mentioning my card. It really made my day and I truly appreciate it :)

A few of my faves:
FS247, Masked Christmas by k dunbrook
CAS142 by kittie747
A bird... by Aimes
Falling Maple Leaves - SC356 by Loll Thompson

susie australia 11-01-2011 01:33 AM

Thank you so much Fionna51 for mentioning my card - you have made my week. It is my first CAS (and possibly the last LOL) - I have struggled all day with brown, ivory and red!!!