Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-10-2010, 08:19 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teacher appreciation gift

I am the Secretary for an Early Childhood program and we make some type of a gift every year for our Teachers and Paras . . we have made post it note holders, we made lotion out of vasoline, Vitamin E cream and baby lotion and put it in containers. This year we are looking for ideas for other things . . ideas?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2010, 01:59 PM   #2  
Cardstock Collector

what about decorated clip boards. I made them for my kids day care teachers last year and they loved them. I covered them with printed paper and then used my cricut and cut out letters and other designs. I glued all down and then mod podged over to seal and give is a sheen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Last year I received a teacher gift that was assorted note cards and a pretty RSVP pen. I really liked that birthday cards were included. They came in quite handy during the school year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2010, 04:04 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

My DD is in 3rd grade and she goes to a very small charter school - only 1 class per grade, 2 assistants, 1 principal and 1 admin assistant for a total of 10 gifts. Needless to say, for the past 3 years, I have spoiled the staff there - all throughout the year - not just Teacher Appreciation Week. They've rec'd from me: card packs, clip boards, altered recipe boxes, altered pens, notebooks, blah blah blah. lol
This year, I've really scaled back on the gift giving since DH and I are both out of work so trying to conserve on supplies and money. For every holiday, I've given them a small gift with a gracious note attached - which seems to have gone over just as well as the elaborate, time consuming and sometimes expensive gifts.

This year, for Teacher Appreciation Week, I'm doing homemade jumbo cookies and putting them in the diaper fold envelope thingie. I made the envelopes months ago with some double sided DP that I would have never used otherwise and attached a giant flower from my stash that wouldn't have been used otherwise, either. Each staff member is going to get a jumbo cookie with a matching card where I'll write a sincere note of gratitude and I want to try to think of a specific kind thing that each staff member has done to impact my family's day, life, education, etc. Then, I'll bake another batch of the cookies - not so jumbo - and place them in the teacher's lounge so they can enjoy more.

Sorry to have rambled but my point is that teachers get a lot of the same stuff over the years and it's been in my experience that what they really want is something yummy to munch on and to be truly appreciated with words - not so much gifts. JMO And please let us know what you make! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2010, 10:52 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

As a teacher myself, I can't keep enough waterless antibacterial cleanser
Karen S
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by mama2oliviamaeView Post
My DD is in 3rd grade and she goes to a very small charter school - only 1 class per grade, 2 assistants, 1 principal and 1 admin assistant for a total of 10 gifts. Needless to say, for the past 3 years, I have spoiled the staff there - all throughout the year - not just Teacher Appreciation Week. They've rec'd from me: card packs, clip boards, altered recipe boxes, altered pens, notebooks, blah blah blah. lol
This year, I've really scaled back on the gift giving since DH and I are both out of work so trying to conserve on supplies and money. For every holiday, I've given them a small gift with a gracious note attached - which seems to have gone over just as well as the elaborate, time consuming and sometimes expensive gifts.

This year, for Teacher Appreciation Week, I'm doing homemade jumbo cookies and putting them in the diaper fold envelope thingie. I made the envelopes months ago with some double sided DP that I would have never used otherwise and attached a giant flower from my stash that wouldn't have been used otherwise, either. Each staff member is going to get a jumbo cookie with a matching card where I'll write a sincere note of gratitude and I want to try to think of a specific kind thing that each staff member has done to impact my family's day, life, education, etc. Then, I'll bake another batch of the cookies - not so jumbo - and place them in the teacher's lounge so they can enjoy more.

Sorry to have rambled but my point is that teachers get a lot of the same stuff over the years and it's been in my experience that what they really want is something yummy to munch on and to be truly appreciated with words - not so much gifts. JMO And please let us know what you make! :-)
Do you have a picture or directions of your envelopes?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2010, 08:10 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

I am thinking she is talking about the Diaper Fold Pouch which is in the tutorials section. You can find it HERE
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 03:21 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by bound4londonView Post
I am thinking she is talking about the Diaper Fold Pouch which is in the tutorials section. You can find it HERE
Yes! That's exactly the tutorial I used. I started off with an 8x8 sheet of DP.

Thanks for posting that link!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2010, 03:20 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by karentomView Post
As a teacher myself, I can't keep enough waterless antibacterial cleanser
Karen S
Last year I quickly decorated the antibacterial bottles by turning them into an "apple" tree. Fairly quick. Not elaborate, but appreciated!
Exploring Creativity~blog
Reply With Quote Likes