Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Clean and Simple (CAS) Favorites for the Week Ending August 29, 2010 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/clean-simple-cas-favorites-week-ending-august-29-2010-a-504282/)

LateBlossom 08-29-2010 03:56 AM

Clean and Simple (CAS) Favorites for the Week Ending August 29, 2010

Welcome to the Clean and Simple (CAS) Favorites of the Week Thread! For those who've never been here before, this is the place to share whatever clean and simple cards or projects you favorited in the gallery over the past week. Just post links so the rest of us can see!

And if you get a little extra time, please leave some comments for CAS cards. I encountered quite a few beautiful cards this week that had very few comments. Let's share some love!

Here are my favorites to get us started:

Jennifer Styles was on a roll this week with her Home Sweet Home card and a bunch of other wonderful CAS creations, especially this one-layer Noel card

girlgeek101 made an amazing and softly suble sea shell card that sparkled its way into my favorites

LynniePoo posted a gorgeous cascading butterflies card

Biggan's Summertime Food card made me want to get a spoon! Her butterfly freedom card is also a stunner!

texan947 created a lovely desert window scene with a bit of tulle and gold ribbon

Kim66 used my favorite tree set...Trendy Trees...on her lovely be-ribboned birthday card

JulieHRR used some really bold color PERFECTLY on her beautifully designed You Are My Anchor card

lisaadd made a one-layer card with a happy sunflower border and shows how you can take a smudged card and create perfection!

keuby's Star Bright card is one-layer CAS perfection

mepylant created a stunning setting for the SU bird punch

kstamper used paper piecing perfectly on her delightful DSP For You card

StampGroover used Martha's dove punch to create a stunning and stylized beach scene that made me hear the waves all the way from Ohio

Card Shark used Lovely as a Tree to create a lovely branch for her lovely and elegant ornament card

kthaman made a one-layer miss you card that is simply AMAZING!

JuilletQuatorze made a totally creative Halloween card with nontraditional colors that totally inspires me

vdutchr rose to the CAS challenge beautifully with her Thankful card

hobbydujour made a sweet card with PTI's Asian Fusion set that makes me want that set all the more so I can CASE her!

ravengirl spoke to my bibliophile heart with her stack of teacher's books card

I haven't had time to check into the CAS DT search this quarter but judging from what I bumped into in the gallery, it's going to be a tough call. So glad I'm not in on the decision because I'd pick everyone! Good luck to everyone who's participating. I'll be sad to see the current team retire...they've done an amazing job, but I also can't wait to see who the new team will be. It's all so exciting!

Also, I want to call out KY Southern Belle (aka Cindy Coutts) who is the guest artist for the Fall Take Ten Magazine! Her cards are CAS and lovely and well worth buying the magazine to see. Congratulations, Cindy!

Finally, many thanks to EVERYONE who posts to the SCS gallery! It's a fabulous place to go gathering all sorts of inspiration, and it's wonderful to see so many people enjoying the CAS style. What an amazing corner of the World Wide Web we have here!

Now it's your turn. What glorious CAS-ness did you find this week?

NANCYRUTH 08-29-2010 04:03 AM

well I must add your card Susan I fell in love with this Love Memo by LateBlossom and plan on casing it one day!

LateBlossom 08-29-2010 04:18 AM

Arrrrgggggghhhh!!!! My link to vdutchr's card goes to JuilletQuatorze's card, and it's too late to edit. I'M SO SORRY, VICKI!!!!!!!!! Here's the correct link:

VDUTCHR

LateBlossom 08-29-2010 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NANCYRUTH (Post 17232379)
well I must add your card Susan I fell in love with this Love Memo by LateBlossom and plan on casing it one day!

Thanks, NancyRuth!

fionna51 08-29-2010 04:25 AM

So many great creations this week!

Here are SOME of my faves...

Jennifer Styles
ravengirl
Biggan
die cut diva
hobbywoman
Clear and Simple
artsy_em
Miss Boo
jessjean
PaperInBloom
abbysmom2198
mkstampin74
stamperjen0
lisabeepianolovin
Biggan
Meandlilg
LateBlossom
LateBlossom

Lovely creations this week!

Now, if you all would share your faves...so that I can see what I missed...LOL!

resqbarbie 08-29-2010 04:38 AM

Fabulous week in the CAS world!

Here are a few that weren't mentioned yet :

Rox71

PaperQueen

jenndspencer

kthaman

LuvFlowers

cookiebaker

Smoatsmom

bon2stamp 08-29-2010 04:49 AM

I love lateblossom's lovely pumpkins . A great reminder that Fall is just around the corner.

I love the simplicity of mepylant's Krafty Thank You . I'll be CASEing this one for sure!

darhm's Great Friend Dryer Sheet Card lends some sparkle to those lovely butterflies.

pachyderm's masking, sponging & stamping on her CASEing Princess Heather cards is simply lovely.

That's all I actually saved in my favorites. I had lots more favorites, I just didn't save them. I really wish we could put those favorites into folders for easier access!

Happy Stampin' everyone!

vdutchr 08-29-2010 05:11 AM

Thanks for mentioning my card! Sure does make one's day to be picked by the master of CAS!! Thanks Susan!

KY Southern Belle 08-29-2010 05:12 AM

Susan, thank you for the mention on the Take Ten Magazine. I really appreciate your kindness.

lisabeepianolovin 08-29-2010 05:18 AM

Diane~ Oh thank you so much for listing me as a CAS favorite! It always just tickles my fancy!

k dunbrook 08-29-2010 05:22 AM

great cas this week....

I like Bon2stamp...Bonnie's idea of having folders to put the favs into....

LynniePoo 08-29-2010 05:24 AM

What an honor to be "favorited" by Susan herself! :) Thanks so much. And thanks to Karen for letting me know.

abbysmom2198 08-29-2010 05:41 AM

Thanks Diane so much for mentioning my card and thanks Karen for letting me know. I enjoy this thread every week because I love CAS and you ladies always pick out wonderful cards - so I am truly delighted to see one of my cards on a list! Thanks so much :)

mepylant 08-29-2010 05:59 AM

Susan, thanks so much for mentioning my card! You are greatly appreciated :)

After church, I'm comin' back here to visit all these fabulous cards!!!

StampGroover 08-29-2010 06:08 AM

Wow so many wonderful CAS designs!! Here are a few of mine!

Nurse Betty by artsy_em

Fast and Fabulous Friday by stamperjen0

Joy by Jennifer Styles

Freedom by Biggan

Starbright by keuby

One of THOSE days by Cici510

Wood and Stars by ravengirl

thanks for the lift by katolejnik

Love Memo by Lateblossom

die cut diva 08-29-2010 06:16 AM

Diane, thank you for mentioning my apple card. What a great way to start out my last day of summer vacation! It's always a kind of a bummer of a day, but you definately perked it up for me. Thanks!

hobbywoman 08-29-2010 06:42 AM

Thanks so much Diane for mentioning my card...you are too kind!!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51 (Post 17232427)

Jennifer Styles
ravengirl
Biggan
die cut diva
hobbywoman
Clear and Simple
artsy_em
Miss Boo
jessjean
PaperInBloom
abbysmom2198
mkstampin74
stamperjen0
lisabeepianolovin
Biggan
Meandlilg
LateBlossom
LateBlossom

StampGroover 08-29-2010 07:00 AM

Thanks Susan for listing my Sand and Sea card!!! Hugs....Cookie :D

jenndspencer 08-29-2010 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by resqbarbie (Post 17232467)
Fabulous week in the CAS world!

Here are a few that weren't mentioned yet :

Rox71

PaperQueen

jenndspencer

kthaman

LuvFlowers

cookiebaker

Smoatsmom

Wow, this has been a great week! I haven't been through the *whole* gallery, but between the CAS DT challenges, I have been looking and there are some great cards. Thank you Denise for mentioning my apple button card. That was such fun!
Here are a few of my faves...
This is a great cherry card by rabogner. AUG10VSNA Cherry by rabogner - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I love the sweet colors of this Christmas card by wannabestampin' Working my mojo back by Wannabestampin' - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers.

Isn't this card by KarenMurray sweet? Polka Dot snail by KarenMurray - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Love the colors on this fall card by cardsbykathy//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1780061

Jennifer Styles 08-29-2010 08:08 AM

Oh my goodness! I just about fell off my chair when I opened this thread today.

Thank you so much Susan, Diane and StampGroover for mentioning my cards!

Off to ogle the CAS favourites now.

Jennifer Styles 08-29-2010 08:10 AM

Oops and thanks of course to Karen for letting us all know :)

susanbri 08-29-2010 08:11 AM

Here are some of mine that haven't been mentioned.

Two by stampinandrea had elegance and simplicity in lovely muted colours: With Sympathy by stampinandrea and Simply Stamped by stampinandrea

LynniePoo's very classy sympathy card OLW17 - With Sympathy by LynniePoo

Snail's glittery snow fence QFTD24 Snow Fence by snail

grbscrap made a joyful butterfly card that made me think of both summer and fall: Joyful Butterfly by grbscrap

And though she didn't label it CAS, I think RobinRingtail's icy Christmas card qualifies: Holiday Ornament by RobinRingtail

hobbydujour 08-29-2010 08:14 AM

Thank you SO much, Susan, for mentioniung my Asian Fusion card. I have had out-of-town guests this past week, so most of my cards were done "on the fly". I never dreamed one would be considered "mention-worthy". You have started my week with a sweet surprise! Thank you!

Miss Boo 08-29-2010 08:53 AM

Quote:

Jennifer Styles
ravengirl
Biggan
die cut diva
hobbywoman
Clear and Simple
artsy_em
Miss Boo
jessjean
PaperInBloom
abbysmom2198
mkstampin74
stamperjen0
lisabeepianolovin
Biggan
Meandlilg
LateBlossom
LateBlossom

Thanks Diane! It's been awhile since seeing a card of mine here and I forgot how good it feels. I haven't been spending as much time in the gallery the past few months and have really missed it. Thanks again!! I need to go look at some more eye candy.

snail 08-29-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susanbri (Post 17233187)
Here are some of mine that haven't been mentioned.

Two by stampinandrea had elegance and simplicity in lovely muted colours: With Sympathy by stampinandrea and Simply Stamped by stampinandrea

LynniePoo's very classy sympathy card OLW17 - With Sympathy by LynniePoo

Snail's glittery snow fence QFTD24 Snow Fence by snail

grbscrap made a joyful butterfly card that made me think of both summer and fall: Joyful Butterfly by grbscrap

And though she didn't label it CAS, I think RobinRingtail's icy Christmas card qualifies: Holiday Ornament by RobinRingtail

susan, thanks so much for listing my card among your favourites this week; i was able to make it because i cased the queen for the day, peggy-sue. thanks also to karen for letting me know it was listed here.

LynniePoo 08-29-2010 08:57 AM

Thanks so much, Susan (susanbri) for mentioning my card! And thanks again, Karen, for letting me know.

Technique Tuesday 08-29-2010 09:11 AM

Every week I look forward to this thread. I love looking through all the CAS cards!

Biggan 08-29-2010 09:32 AM

Thanks to Susan, Diane and Stampgroover for mention several of my CAS card this week! :D Perhaps I can say I did a "hat trick" this week..:) I�m so grateful and honoured! Karen, you�re the best, always telling us about the favorites!

Hugs
Birgit

JuilletQuatorze 08-29-2010 09:37 AM

Thanks for the mention, Susan!

texan947 08-29-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateBlossom (Post 17232368)
texan947 created a lovely desert window scene with a bit of tulle and gold ribbon

I just got back from the store and opened this thread, and wow, thanks Susan. Now I am off to browse the gallery and see all the great cards. I'll be back later to add my favorites.

mepylant 08-29-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bon2stamp (Post 17232497)
I love lateblossom's lovely pumpkins . A great reminder that Fall is just around the corner.

I love the simplicity of mepylant's Krafty Thank You . I'll be CASEing this one for sure!

darhm's Great Friend Dryer Sheet Card lends some sparkle to those lovely butterflies.

pachyderm's masking, sponging & stamping on her CASEing Princess Heather cards is simply lovely.

That's all I actually saved in my favorites. I had lots more favorites, I just didn't save them. I really wish we could put those favorites into folders for easier access!

Happy Stampin' everyone!

Oh Bonnie! I'm honored. Thank you so much :D

kthaman 08-29-2010 11:20 AM

Thank you Susan & Denise for mentioning my cards. It is always such an honor to be highlighted in these threads! Thank you Karen for your faithful service to this thread as well!

TexasGrammy 08-29-2010 12:19 PM

More CAS eye-candy to Luv ... right here! ;)

Heather T * Signs of Autumn

atsamom * Old Set, Fresh Colors

cmcmathey * Mixed Bouquet

ambouth * One Good Apple

swldebbie * Rejoice in the Lord

cmcmathey 08-29-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasGrammy (Post 17233906)

ambouth * One Good Apple

Thanks so much for mentioning my card - I am tickled pink!! PLUS a thanks always to Karen for letting me know! :D

girlgeek101 08-29-2010 01:33 PM

That you sooooo much for mentioning my challenge card in the CAS favorites this week! I'm so thrilled! I will be posting my favorites later tonight since this weekend was crazy with the VSN challenges and my upline paying me a visit and all. But don't worry I have seen plenty of amazing CAS card designers this week too! Will post my top 5 later tonight.

Clear and Simple 08-29-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Jennifer Styles
ravengirl
Biggan
die cut diva
hobbywoman
Clear and Simple
artsy_em
Miss Boo
jessjean
PaperInBloom
abbysmom2198
mkstampin74
stamperjen0
lisabeepianolovin
Biggan
Meandlilg
LateBlossom
LateBlossom

Thank you Diane - I so appreciate you selecting my card this week :) Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

texan947 08-29-2010 02:58 PM

Okay, here are my favorites for this week...

Miss has some a gorgeous flower card with beautiful colors

jenndspencer...I just love the twine flower.

101airborne has a simple one layer card that is beautiful

hereigoagain did a lovely card of VSN

corgidusty has a cute Christmas card

janny3 also has a Christmas card

mariemc 08-29-2010 04:13 PM

A fav of mine this week: Working my mojo back by Wannabestampin' - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

ambouth 08-29-2010 04:47 PM

Oh wow, THANKS so much, Bev! I'm truly humbled :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasGrammy (Post 17233906)

ambouth * One Good Apple

PaperInBloom 08-29-2010 06:16 PM

Thanks so much for the lovely mention Diane!! Totally made my day!