Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Circles Squares or Ovals (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/circles-squares-ovals-359693/)

coffeeaddictsam 06-30-2008 09:09 AM

Circles Squares or Ovals

I want to get a set of nesties- actually I want them all, but will go for one set a month, now should I start my collection with circles squares or ovals- I tried looking through the gallery but that just makes me want them all at once!!:)
Please help me decide, perhaps show examples of cards with your favourite.

Thanks
Sam

whoistracy 06-30-2008 09:13 AM

I think it depends on your preference. I started my collection with squares, then circles. Of course, I'm still waiting on my machine, but that's another story.

I personally don't think I'd use ovals so I have no intention of buying them. Again, personal preference, You'd have to decide which you think you'll use more.

Cammie 06-30-2008 10:11 AM

Maybe take a look at the images you like to work with and see if they would fit better with ovals or circle shapes. I would recommend getting one of those first because you can always cut a square and use scalloped scissors to get that look if you want it.
(I am only saying this to help your prioritize!!! I love em all!)

Good luck!

Cammie 06-30-2008 10:11 AM

Ps:
I use nesties a lot. You can see some samples in my gallery if you are interested. Was unsure what to link!

I love pink 06-30-2008 10:17 AM

I am in the same boat, I also would like them all but can only get one right now! I have gone with the cicles first and next will be ovals. Squares will be last as I can create that look (for now) with a trimmer and deco scissors, may not look as good but it will do unitl I can get the nesties!

coffeeaddictsam 06-30-2008 01:07 PM

Thanks Cammie- I was looking at some of your images earlier, it rounded up my options not down.

I think I am erring to Ovals
I have a coluzzle with circles and the SU scallop
I can achieve a look of squares with what I have.

Sam

jent 06-30-2008 02:19 PM

I'm have been questioning this same thing in my mind for awhile. I believe a number of threads/polls on SCS that I have read have advised beginning with rectangles, which I wasn't thinking that direction!!!!

I'm still unsure.

Good luck with your decision, I'm willing to bet you will be happy and use the one you decide on!!!!!

eured99 06-30-2008 02:24 PM

I've ordered rectangles, but haven't gotten them yet. It's the only size that I don't have punches for. That was my reasoning. :rolleyes:

daffydonna 06-30-2008 02:25 PM

I started out with rectangles. It makes it easy to cut a small one for a stamped THANK YOU or HAPPY BIRTHDAY. It is also good for small photos. Then I bought the circles. I'm going to wait a month or so for another set. I really like them. It adds a nice touch without a lot of trouble!
Have fun!!!! Donna

nana jenkins 06-30-2008 02:49 PM

I started with the ovals and have just recently added the rectangles. It has taken me a while to get use to them but am loving the look!

kaloso05 06-30-2008 02:49 PM

I'm thinking of the same thing and I'm going to go for the ovals first. Squares I can do with my papercutter, and I have several circle cutting systems, but I don't have anything to do ovals. As for adding scallops, that can be easily done to any shape:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=134542

I vote ovals.

Angela Riddell 06-30-2008 02:59 PM

If I was getting them, I personally would start with ovals, but that's a personal choice.

mastamper 06-30-2008 04:02 PM

I started with rectangles, then ovals, circles, long rectangles and finally squares. I have been happy with my choices although maybe I should have purchased the squares before the long rectangles. I have used the circles and the ovals the least.

MaryAnnK 06-30-2008 04:15 PM

I ordered rectangles first - still waiting for the boat to come in. I think I will do squares or circles next.