Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Chrome Tape? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/chrome-tape-94594/)

Masnick 10-21-2005 11:37 AM

Chrome Tape?

Hey, everyone!

I learned about a wonderful technique this past weekend and am wondering if you all could point me in the right direction to acquire some chrome tape. You stamp on the sticker side of the tape, trace the image with your stylus, cut it out and use it as a metal embellishment on your cards. I don't believe the chrome tape that this lady used had a padding on the back, just sticky stuff w/ paper covering until you were ready to use it. When I went to Wal Mart the other day looking for chrome tape, the lady directed me to the weatherizing dept. in hardware, but this chrome tape had a cushy backing on it.

Any help would be so appreciated! Thanks so much!

Carla from Kansas

Laura7712 10-21-2005 12:19 PM

I have seen some at Mike's but it was only 1/4" wide. is this what you need?

scrapbookmommy 10-21-2005 12:22 PM

My DH gave me a roll of tape that he uses at work. He is an HVAC tech and they use it on duct work. It's shiney silver on one side and paper backed on other. You peel the paper off of it and it's super sticky. I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about or not. If so check Home Depot or Lowes but DH says it's kinda pricey. I have used it with Quickutz on the round tag die and looks exactly like a metal rimmed tag when you are finished. Very cool. HTH.
April

scrapbookmommy 10-21-2005 12:23 PM

Mine is about 2 inches wide but he said you can get is 3 inches wide too.
Momof3

Masnick 10-21-2005 01:57 PM

Thank you!

Hi, April! Thank you so much for your help! That sounds just what I am looking for. So it is used for duct work, huh? I will have to check out one of these places and see!

I appreciate your help! I thought I was going nuts!

Have a great weekend!

Carla from Kansas

pinefeather 10-21-2005 02:01 PM

I bought a roll at the hardware store (ACE I think? It's been a while) for less than $5! :D It's fun stuff! And yes - it's by the ductwork stuff.

Vee 10-21-2005 02:39 PM

Online tutorial?

Is there an online tutorial for this technique? With pictures?

hb_001 10-21-2005 03:56 PM

Walmart carries it

I bought some at Walmart. It was in the paint section. Not too far from the masking tape and duct tape.

I have been cutting 1/4" strips with the paper cutter and using them as the edging for the microscope slides.

Helen

javajunkie 10-21-2005 07:59 PM

Tim Holtz did a technique

with that tape on Carol Duvall. He put die cut (QK) letters on a wood frame along with some other shapes and then covered the frame with the tape. He rubbed the tape down around the shapes and then used alcohol inks to color the frame. It looked really cool when he was done.

stamps&cars 10-21-2005 10:12 PM

I've not worked with the roll I purchased yet but I heard that you will want to be careful that you don't cut your fingers. Don't run your finger along the edge to smooth it down!