Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Choosing scrapbook themes... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/choosing-scrapbook-themes-10503/)

MSBetsyZ 09-26-2004 12:54 PM

Choosing scrapbook themes...

Never have scrapbooked!! I need to start but have a kind of dumb question. I see so many cute pages. Do books usually have the same page "look" throughout the whole book, to keep it all sort of uniform, or is it more common to have a mix and match type thing?

TIA,
Betsy

carolync6 09-26-2004 12:59 PM

Mine are mix and match based on what's happening in the pictures on the page.

Carolyn

Kseither 09-26-2004 01:04 PM

That's the great thing about scrapbooking. There is no right or wrong way..it just depends on your style. I made each of my children their own 1st year album. I have a Disney vacation album and an album that I use for the year (birthdays, holidays, cute things the kids do, etc.) I love the new 6x6 books. You can make a whole theme in a weekend.

Kristy

Vanessa 09-26-2004 06:56 PM

For my chrono books, I do the pages to match what is on them. For gift albums, I make them more cohesive as I am usually doing the whole project in a short period of time.

alasku2stamp 09-27-2004 07:26 AM

My scrapbook pages are a modge podge. Nothing matches except the ppl in the pics lol.

Kar 09-27-2004 08:34 AM

Mine are all mixed. Right now I just did the kids School pictures, but soon will be working on the pictures I took between all of them :) I have posted mine in my galler for what I have done so far.

ScrappinGoodTime 09-27-2004 09:32 AM

The easiest place to start is with a annual book of each child. Start with their first year and pick your favorite pictures, include your favorite memories and momentos (momentos can be photographed or color copied and reduced to fit your pages). This gives you an excellent storybook of your children and gives you an excellent sense of accomplishment then you can start scrapbooking every picture in sight!

tishintexas 09-27-2004 10:09 AM

Mine are them based depending on the pics I am using, and what the even is. I mix and match but in looking at my book I seem to have a uniform style (i.e cropping pics, matting) You will love scrapbooking, it is expenisve, but everyone I have shown my books to who doesnt scrapbook, quickly did. Besides for me my son (or his wife) will love it!

scraphorse 09-27-2004 11:12 AM

Mine are all mixed. I love to copy too many different styles to keep everything the same.
If I am making an album for a gift then I keep the theme and styles similar.

Tonya

mcapps 09-27-2004 12:20 PM

For me, it depends on whether I'm scrapping a specific event or not. If I'm putting together a wedding book, baby book, or vacation book, I would most likely make them consistent with the same colors & stamps...just vary the layouts and embellishments a little. Otherwise, for our family scrapbooks, each of the pages are very unique.

Melissa

MSBetsyZ 09-27-2004 02:23 PM

Thanks, guys! I was kinda leaning towards each page being unique and I guess I'll stay on that path...

I actually did one last night!! woohoo!

Betsy