Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   CHF Backgrounders...Mounted or Unmounted??? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/chf-backgrounders-mounted-unmounted-239321/)

strappystamper 04-10-2007 07:18 AM

CHF Backgrounders...Mounted or Unmounted???

I want to buy some of the CHF Backgrounders and noticed they come mounted or unmounted. I love my wood mounted SU! Background stamps, but the inexpensive cost of the unmounted backgrounders from CHF means I could get more...more...more!! Help!!!

If you have some of the CHF Backgrounders, what is your preference-mounted or unmounted?????

jtax 04-10-2007 07:23 AM

Although most of my stamps are wood mouonted, I prefer the CHF backgrounds in smart mount (unmounted). The smart mount clings to the index side of SU background stamps if you wish...

chattiekathie 04-10-2007 08:18 AM

I have primarily SU! stamps, but for the CHF I like UM.

larue 04-10-2007 08:42 AM

I love them um on smart cushion.

jutta 04-10-2007 08:50 AM

CHF BG stamps

I just got a shipment from them last week and I was going to write on SCS today. Get the BG on the smart cushion! You will love it! I got the trees BG and it is absolutely beeeyotiful! I also bought the big set of monogram stamps and they are completely worth it! It took me a while to talk myself into the purchase, but now I'm glad I did. I used the discount code that someone posted on this board and it got me an extra 10% off the price of the whole set. They are gorgeous and trimmed and mounted on the smart cushion. It's the way to go! ;)

Jutta

strappystamper 04-10-2007 08:53 AM

What is the discount code or where can I find it? I am going to go unmounted thanks to you all who answered this question. I don't think I can go wrong.

Thank you!!

jutta 04-10-2007 08:57 AM

discount code

The code that I was told about was stampit. I don't know if it will still be valid, but apparently, it was in a magazine and a fellow SCS was nice enough to share with me. It saved me over $20 bucks because of buying the whole alphabet and the BG stamp - but it was so worth it! ;)

Jutta

strappystamper 04-10-2007 09:04 AM

Thank you, Jutta. I'll give it a try!

al_silver2 04-10-2007 09:15 AM

You can buy a large sized acrylic block from them that fits the BGs...then you can buy them all if you like!!!

deb_loves_stamping 04-10-2007 09:19 AM

You could buy an acrylic block, but I say save your money and put it toward another stamp ... I buy the unmounted on smart cushion also from CHF ... then I just place the stamp face up on the table to use it, I dont mount it on anything at all to stamp with it. It works perfectly. Have fun buying!

daisyboo 04-10-2007 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deb_loves_stamping
You could buy an acrylic block, but I say save your money and put it toward another stamp ... I buy the unmounted on smart cushion also from CHF ... then I just place the stamp face up on the table to use it, I dont mount it on anything at all to stamp with it. It works perfectly. Have fun buying!

I was going to say the same thing! I always use my SU background stamps face up anyway. Gives a much clearer image IMO. So it seems like a waste of money to pay extra for the wood!

strappystamper 04-10-2007 10:31 AM

I always stamp my SU! background stamps face up also, so it would be the same wouldn't it? Minus the wood block.

Thanks for all this info!!

MilwaukeeMommy 04-10-2007 10:31 AM

If I buy the UM to just use on a table like this, do I want regular, or smart cushion? What's the difference?? (I'm an old fashioned wood mounted gal, so I know nothing about the different cushions & such)

chattiekathie 04-10-2007 10:43 AM

I get Smart Cushion, but I use mine on an acrylic block. Regular cushion is for wood block mounting.

buggainok 04-10-2007 10:47 AM

Okay, I'm not with it - what is CHF?

buggainok 04-10-2007 12:06 PM

Thank you. My brain is so full of abbreviations these days, but there is always room for one more, lol.

Buckeyevoss 04-10-2007 12:12 PM

UM smart cushion, have big acrylic block that I use. Love them.

Cat 04-10-2007 02:02 PM

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but so many have already responded! If you get the smart cushion, how do you care for it? I have several that just came in on Monday, and they have a paper cover. I know you remove the paper, but do you save it? do you keep the smart cushion covered? do I have to protect it? HELP

mnhyrkas 04-10-2007 09:03 PM

I just ordered the smart cushion. I plan on using it on the indexing sticker side of a SU background/block.

mnhyrkas 04-10-2007 09:04 PM

oh, and I used the stampit discount code and it worked as of April 9, 2007 the day I ordered.

Jay Dub 04-10-2007 09:20 PM

definately unmounted....they take up way less room that way!

judi_stamparooni 04-10-2007 10:25 PM

Man, I went to check out the site as I had never heard of them, but I can't read anything. That pink on flourescent pink doesn't work for me! %-) Oh, well, I don't 'need' any more stamps anyway, right?! ha-ha!

Cat 04-11-2007 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gale
Is it like ezmount where there's a thin layer of plastic? If so I don't save the paper. I just keep my ezmount stamps in a drawer or in cd cases.

Thanks Gale!

Cat 04-11-2007 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by judi_stamparooni
Man, I went to check out the site as I had never heard of them, but I can't read anything. That pink on flourescent pink doesn't work for me! %-) Oh, well, I don't 'need' any more stamps anyway, right?! ha-ha!

Pink, on florescent? Their site uses a purple background... sure you went to the right place, because you DO need more stamps :)