Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Cheap - Economical (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/cheap-economical-287165/)

Marshaspeck50 09-18-2007 06:46 PM

Cheap - Economical

I was wondering as I was sitting here making a card how many people have used wall paper book samples for paper. I know it isn't acid free etc. But I don't think people keep homecard cards for long periods of time. You can pick these up for free at most wallpaper and paint stores for free which is a very good price. You can use the borders, punch out parts etc. It is kind of fun to see how many different elements you can use on a card. I have a couple different books that I have used for a few years. I have not uploaded a card because I am not brave enough :) or I would scan a picture and show you.

parknslide 09-18-2007 07:15 PM

I use wallpaper quite often for cards. In fact I found a roll of vintage Hawaiian floral paper this weekend at a liquidators for $2 a roll & made some tropical themed cards for my granddaughter's hula recital. I will put them in a fund raising raffle that is set up at the event.

stampT 09-18-2007 07:59 PM

I got several wallpaper books from Lowes -- thinking I would use them on cards. I've made one card so far. It turned out ok. I haven't uploaded it yet. Maybe someday.

DH made a Valentine's Day card, for me, using some wallpaper. It was cute.

Needless to say -- I'm about ready to get rid of the wallpaper books. They're taking up too much room.

btw, I keep all cards sent to me -- bought or handmade.

dstfrommi 09-18-2007 08:13 PM

I decided I would when I first started stamping. I let a local wallpaper store know I'd love to take their books when they were discontinued. I ended up with several cool books and still have some neat sheets of paper left.

MSBetsyZ 09-18-2007 08:59 PM

I had a bunch that I loved, but I had to get rid of them about 6 or 7 years ago. They were just a little too musty for my asthma, so they had to go...you can get some great stuff out of them though!

Inkalicious 09-18-2007 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parknslide (Post 7230712)
I use wallpaper quite often for cards. In fact I found a roll of vintage Hawaiian floral paper this weekend at a liquidators for $2 a roll & made some tropical themed cards for my granddaughter's hula recital. I will put them in a fund raising raffle that is set up at the event.

WOW! Boy would I haved LOVED to find a roll of that!! I love vintage Hawaaii-ana!! Go great in my living room! Lucky girl!

Joeknee 09-19-2007 03:14 AM

I had a few books that I used and let friends use. But when I moved across country I decided to give them away ~ and I have not went to get more. I used them a few times for cards. But what I liked to use them for were making envelopes. Just put a sticker on the front with the address and they were ready to go...

wiggynine 09-19-2007 05:05 PM

I've never tried wallpaper, but I have used gift wrap paper.

Linda