Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-24-2021, 07:16 AM   #121  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 139 Likes on 97 Posts

Oh, my goodness, Pam, what a great story about your favorite color! Your mom sounds like she is very organized! So Yellow and purple are complementary colors on the color wheel so that is kind of fascinating to me that Purple is your second choice!

Lisa, that is so fun that you have dishware to brighten your table and you get to choose yellow! The ink colors sound yummy!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2021, 07:19 AM   #122  

The Forums at Splitcoaststampers is lovely. I enjoyed looking at the gallery entries!

The Forums at Splitcoaststampers was posted on the previous page but I will post it here again just in case you missed it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 07:24 AM   #123  

Forums at Splitcoaststampers. That's the only kind of bug that I like, paper only!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2021, 02:07 PM   #124  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 267 Likes on 153 Posts

ooh Amen to that ( paper bugs ) J's fiance is working a job site in TX ( they are getting wind turbines hooked up and turning on power) and today's text included Rattle snakes in the dirt outside the tower and a bee in her hair.
(she has the most amazingly gorgeous long hair so, it was not a good thing) but, if finally got out with no harm to either of them.

hmmm, favorite colors tend to be greens and pinks and I have been seeing my self buy more blue the last couple of years ( but soft shades not navy or bright ones)

My Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2021, 05:49 AM   #125  

Yikes, Stacy! Rattlesnake and a bee in the hair! I have heard that the rattlesnakes are bad in TX! So glad she didn't get stung by the bee or bit by the snake!

Great colors.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2021, 07:44 AM   #126  

Forums at Splitcoaststampers - I am about to check out the gallery, I can't wait to see what makes everyone happy! I have entered the challenge but one thing is missing on my F4A575 - Happy Thoughts by ohmypaper! at Splitcoaststampers card that makes me happy. Can you guess what it is?

Forums at Splitcoaststampers - pop something up!

What do you like to add to a happy card?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2021, 07:39 AM   #127  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

This week Forums at Splitcoaststampers is taking a peek at Retro Stage ( they have awesome looking vintage women's clothing)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2021, 11:18 AM   #128  

This week's Forums at Splitcoaststampers! She has a fabulous gallery! It's never too late to congratulate our Featured Stamper! We can play in the challenge and CASE a card, leave comments on cards in her gallery, and/or leave a congratulations comment on the challenge post.

The Forums at Splitcoaststampers is a Pop-up Flip card.

Forums at SplitcoaststampersForums at Splitcoaststampers - In like a lion

Last edited by ohmypaper!; 03-02-2021 at 07:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2021, 07:15 AM   #129  

Haha! Did you see my typo yesterday! I think I sent you to the right place but I have no idea what keyword I was using! Shaking my head!

Ok, It looks to me like the Forums at Splitcoaststampers is ready for spring!

The Forums at Splitcoaststampers for someone turning 108! Wow!

How are our challenge enthusiasts doing this Tuesday/Friday? The Friday is for me. My husband's weekend is the next two days so...if I am absent you know I have gotten lost in the weekend to-do list!

I would love to know which challenge over the last 7 days you loved or really want to play in?

I enjoyed playing in the Christmas Fan Club Challenge combined with celebrating this week's Featured Stamper. Here is my card: scsccmar21,FS734 - Merry Ornament by ohmypaper! at Splitcoaststampers

How about you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2021, 09:45 AM   #130  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 275 Likes on 202 Posts

I am creating a card for the lady turning 108 who is being honored in the Teapot Tuesday challenge. I am using the colors from the color challenge. I pulled out a couple of sets where there are large letters for the greeting and dies for the leaves and flowers. I am removing a leaf from the die cut using my Sizzix foam pad and brush. I was getting the small pieces out of the way and tossing them into the trash. Well, the detailed leaf die, that I had just removed with the brush roller on the foam pad, went into the trash with the little pieces. I do not remember throwing a die away before. I first took the magnet trying to find that die, but there was too much stuff on top. I went to another room and found a plastic bag and immediately began removing trash so I could get to the bottom and find that die. The die was rescued! I will finish that card today, so it can be photographed and ready to mail tomorrow.

In other news, my daughter is Moonlit-Arrow, and she won the February MISTI Monday challenge! She is so excited. She has been ill and in pain, so I mentioned this challenge thinking she could stamp while sitting around. She made a really nice card and is so exited. Just thought I would share if anyone wants to take a look: Bold and Beautiful by Moonlit-Arrow at Splitcoaststampers

Featured Stamper #671
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2021, 09:50 AM   #131  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 223 Likes on 164 Posts

ETA - phew, at least exhaustion is not affecting my memory - it did say 107 earlier!! I was hoping I hadn't confused Angie with my recollection of celebratingvEula Cousins 108th and 110th birthdays with tea parties!!

Is Louise not turning 107? Maybe I need to restart the challenge but I thought 107 was the number that Jen included on the bingo card options

I hear you on the die, glad you found it. Twice now I have been holding one in my hand while riffling though my background box - and dropped it into the box. And a magnet doesn't work in that setting either. Not even my powerful welding magnet.

Congratulations to your daughter, what a lovely win for her.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovinpaperForums at Splitcoaststampers
I am creating a card for the lady turning 108 who is being honored in the Teapot Tuesday challenge. I am using the colors from the color challenge. I pulled out a couple of sets where there are large letters for the greeting and dies for the leaves and flowers. I am removing a leaf from the die cut using my Sizzix foam pad and brush. I was getting the small pieces out of the way and tossing them into the trash. Well, the detailed leaf die, that I had just removed with the brush roller on the foam pad, went into the trash with the little pieces. I do not remember throwing a die away before. I first took the magnet trying to find that die, but there was too much stuff on top. I went to another room and found a plastic bag and immediately began removing trash so I could get to the bottom and find that die. The die was rescued! I will finish that card today, so it can be photographed and ready to mail tomorrow.

In other news, my daughter is Moonlit-Arrow, and she won the February MISTI Monday challenge! She is so excited. She has been ill and in pain, so I mentioned this challenge thinking she could stamp while sitting around. She made a really nice card and is so exited. Just thought I would share if anyone wants to take a look: Bold and Beautiful by Moonlit-Arrow at Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by Cook22; 03-02-2021 at 09:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2021, 09:56 AM   #132  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22Forums at Splitcoaststampers
ETA - phew, at least exhaustion is not affecting my memory - it did say 107 earlier!! I was hoping I hadn't confused Angie with my recollection of celebratingvEula Cousins 108th and 110th birthdays with tea parties!!

Is Louise not turning 107? Maybe I need to restart the challenge but I thought 107 was the number that Jen included on the bingo card options

I hear you on the die, glad you found it. Twice now I have been holding one in my hand while riffling though my background box - and dropped it into the box. And a magnet doesn't work in that setting either. Not even my powerful welding magnet.

Congratulations to your daughter, what a lovely win for her.
The challenge was updated to say 108, after someone did the math. The bingo number has been updated as well.

Featured Stamper #671
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2021, 02:36 PM   #133  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 178 Likes on 104 Posts

Wow, Lisa, Tha'ts a lot of work and then to lose a die. So FRUSTRATING. Usually mine are hiding somewhere under a piece of paper and I try very very hard to find it before I move too much. One time when I was cutting apart a new die with small numbers, one of the symbols (th I think) went flying, I looked everywhere -- I mean everywhere -- I even made my husband look everywhere. Couldn't find it even though I thought I knew where it should be. Fast forward 9 months later and I am rummaging through one of the small wire drawers on my work table for something on the bottom of the drawer and there is that darn die! I am so glad you found yours and that you knew where it was before it headed to the bigger trash can. Whew,

Congrats to your daughter, Her card is wonderful. I love the stamping of the sentiment over the lips as well as that beautiful row of flowers. Hope her pain is gone now. And, if not now, then very very soon,

Angie, I also participated in the Teapot Tuesday challenge this week and the Featured Stamper's challenge for Gem. She does have a great Gallery.

Sabina, I panicked over the 108 v. 107 too. Luckily hadn't made my card yet so I was working with the corrected info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2021, 07:11 AM   #134  

Lisa, I checked out your daughter's card! Congratulations to her on her win! Thanks so much for posting a link to her card. I checked it out, and it's a beauty!

Oh! I am so glad you noticed your die was missing and you were able to rescue it! I have lost a few forever because I didn't realize until too late.

Sabrina, Ok, phew! I have been known to misread. My eyes are not what they used to be but it sounds like it is 108?

Debbie, so glad that you have enjoyed playing in the challenges!

Alrighty, today's challenges:

WCW040 - March 3, 2021 by kiagc at Splitcoaststampers

Sketch Challenge 843 - (3/3/21) by cathymac at Splitcoaststampers

Have fun today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-04-2021, 07:18 AM   #135  

WT834 ~ Stencils ~ 3/4/21 by Shoe Girl at Splitcoaststampers is to use our stencils!

Do you have a favorite stencil? There are lots of wonderful stencils out there. My favorites right now are clouds!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2021, 07:56 AM   #136  

I am hosting the F4A576 - 3/5/21 - Flowers by ohmypaper! at Splitcoaststampers
My sample is kind of humorous!

MIX423 Balloons 3-5-21 by MariLynn at Splitcoaststampers - Using Balloons as the texture for Gel Press prints
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2021, 08:58 PM   #137  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 169 Likes on 133 Posts

IC796 {3/6/21} Freepik by justwritedesigns at Splitcoaststampers

FS735 [3-7-21] Let's Study Sociology by nwilliams6 at Splitcoaststampers

CAS628 - Girl Power - March 8, 2021 by Jennifrann at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2021, 01:53 PM   #138  

TLC837 ~ Embossing Folder is the Star!! ~ 03/08/2021 by jkanack at Splitcoaststampers7 - Embossing Folder is the Star

CC834 Soft Cinnamon Meadow (3/9/21) by inkpad at Splitcoaststampers - Woodsy cards come to mind!

The MMTPT659 – March 9, 2021 - Music and Dance by Shoe Girl at Splitcoaststampers is Music And Dance - The recipient is a brave lady who has been battling brain cancer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2021, 09:02 AM   #139  

The Sketch Challenge 844 -- March 10, 2021 by Dr Sonja at Splitcoaststampers is a double dare day. Use the sketch as is or make it into a fun fold.

WCW041 Watercolor Roses- March 10, 2021 by Holstein at Splitcoaststampers is a choice of three roses. I practiced all three but ended up using the first technique.

Does anyone have a fun get-to-know-you crafty challenge discussion question?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 06:31 AM   #140  

WT835 - It's Sentimental (3/11/21) by cathymac at Splitcoaststampers - No Stamped images, just a stamped or die-cut sentiment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 08:01 AM   #141  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Okay, so I got one... how do you all hold your paintbrush? ( the gal from the Roses video in this weeks
Watercolor challenge prompt holds hers in a way I have not noticed before)
PS I hold mine like a pencil and I had a bump starting on my index finger by the time dinner was done hahaha...

I kinda like the one in the lower right that is very faint to see. but, this is going to take a lot more practice to get results I can duplicate. figure I can flip these sheets over and try again tonight.
Attached Thumbnails
Challenge Chat 2021-roses-31021.jpg  

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 08:15 AM   #142  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Interesting question, Stacy. I can't answer till I'm at my desk with one in my hand!

I think all the flowers in the second from the top row on the left sheet look pretty impressive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 09:31 AM   #143  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 178 Likes on 104 Posts

Stacy,

Well, I rarely use a brush, but when I do it's similar to how I hold a pencil but it's a slightly more upright position. I hope that makes sense.

You have many beautiful roses on those sheets. I see lots of floral cards in your future.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 11:51 AM   #144  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I would say similar to a pen but further away from the brush part, more up the handle than I would with a pen. And not as firmly, except for very fine detail.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2021, 02:12 PM   #145  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

ah ha so a death grip at near the bristles is not the best results thing then so far...
its a funny thing what we notice from these videos, I remember the first time I had to think of why my hands were not doing what Dina's did in one of hers and I finally figured out that she is left handed...

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2021, 07:44 AM   #146  

Stacy, I noticed how she held a brush too. I kept thinking how much my hand would hurt if I held it like that! I think I tend to hold the brush much like I hold my markers and pens. I will get back to you after I do my next watercolor! Which might be tonight during a group Zoom.

I love your samples!!!! So beautiful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2021, 07:49 AM   #147  

F4A577...Calling all Cat Ladies...3/12/2021 by dawnmercedes at Splitcoaststampers! Ohhhhhh! I want to play in this one! I could use my new Cat Hugs or I could use my all-time favorite Hero Arts Christmas Kit-Cat and add another card to the fan club Christmas challenge. We shall have to see where this day spirals too! It's also my Monday and I have tons to do! Steve just had his 2 days off this week so I consider this Monday! Laundry overload and all the other things that come with a Monday.

Pantone 2021 (3/12/21) by dini at Splitcoaststampers I love this year's color combo and use it all the time.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2021, 07:05 AM   #148  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

This week IC797 (3/13/2021) Rug Savings by kiagc at Splitcoaststampers is taking a look at colorful rugs.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2021, 05:43 AM   #149  

Let's all celebrate this week's, FS736 {03/14/21} Layersofink by Ardyth at Splitcoaststampers!
We can leave comments in her gallery, congratulations in the challenge post, and or CASE a card and play along with the challenge! Celebrating a fellow artist is a wonderful way to begin a new week!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2021, 08:06 AM   #150  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

So, I have been poking around in Anna-Karin's gallery and she has Tumbling Leaves Canvas Board by Layersofink at Splitcoaststampers and she used something called scribble sticks so, my mind went down the rabbit hole and I wondered if those are similar to Gelatos or watercolor crayons?

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2021, 08:14 AM   #151  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnForums at Splitcoaststampers
So, I have been poking around in Anna-Karin's gallery and she has Tumbling Leaves Canvas Board by Layersofink at Splitcoaststampers and she used something called scribble sticks so, my mind went down the rabbit hole and I wondered if those are similar to Gelatos or watercolor crayons?
I think you are correct in your rabbit hole. They seem to be similar to both. What I am reading says they are high quality pigment sticks that are water soluble like WC crayons. I found them on Simon Says Stamp by Ranger.

Featured Stamper #671
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2021, 12:54 PM   #152  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I had seen she used water with them and since I have gelatos and some watercolor crayons and I don't reach for them often, I am thinking I do not need scribble sticks too ( unless it dramatically increased the color choices but, that is doubtful so...) unless someone has them and chimes in with the these are the be all end all I will probably just keep playing with regular watercolors for now. one thing I do know, I do not like much are the TH watercolor crayon/pens. not sure anymore why I do not like them anymore but, I only have a couple of them. (I think one might be white) ( and I traditionally do not have good luck with white inks) I reach for white paint or white embossing powder if I want to see it.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2021, 08:24 PM   #153  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 169 Likes on 133 Posts

CAS629 ~Think Spring ~ 3/15/2021 by Scraperwannabe at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 08:54 PM   #154  

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnForums at Splitcoaststampers

I had seen she used water with them and since I have gelatos and some watercolor crayons and I don't reach for them often, I am thinking I do not need scribble sticks too ( unless it dramatically increased the color choices but, that is doubtful so...) unless someone has them and chimes in with the these are the be all end all I will probably just keep playing with regular watercolors for now. one thing I do know, I do not like much are the TH watercolor crayon/pens. not sure anymore why I do not like them anymore but, I only have a couple of them. (I think one might be white) ( and I traditionally do not have good luck with white inks) I reach for white paint or white embossing powder if I want to see it.
I have a set of the Scribble sticks. I would say if you don't use your gelatos much....you probably don't need these. I would like to play with mine a bit more. I had trouble getting them to do what I wanted when I used them but I think it might be about my not knowing what to do with them more than anything wrong with the product! I think I need to go look at her gallery more carefully to find out how Anna-Karin uses them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 09:02 PM   #155  

The TLC838 ~ 3D Sentiment with Vanishing Point ~ {03/14/21} by Rebeccaof at Splitcoaststampers. I really want to give this a try. Let us know if you have tried this and post a link so we can see!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2021, 10:52 AM   #156  

Ohhh! The CC835 A Purple Night in the Cabana (03-16-21) by MaryR917 at Splitcoaststampers is gorgeous!!!

The MMTPT660~March 16, 2021 ~ Spring Has Sprung! by casep at Splitcoaststampers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2021, 10:55 AM   #157  

The rest of this week until Monday is a bit iffy for me. I am not sure if I will be able to jump on and link challenges. ANYONE is welcome to link them and or ask fun Art Challenge discussion questions!

Have fun. I will pop in when I can!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2021, 10:58 AM   #158  

OH! I do want to say CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR NEW DIRTY GIRLS!

Debbie and Sharon, I am so excited for you both! Woohoo! Have a wonderful time!

The new Fan Club Challenges can be found March 2021 - Squared Away! by UnderstandBlue at Splitcoaststampers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2021, 09:09 PM   #159  

I am hosting theWCW042 - 3/17/21 - Circle Abstract by ohmypaper! at Splitcoaststampers and we are creating abstract circle art!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-17-2021, 09:24 AM   #160  

Sketch Challenge 845 (3-17-21) by pvilbaum at Splitcoaststampers is lovely and the samples in the gallery are beautiful!
Reply With Quote Likes