Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-04-2021, 10:37 PM   #81  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts

The Forums at Splitcoaststampers is BRADS!

The Forums at Splitcoaststampers is hosted by me and I am all about the HUGS right now! To be clear, I am not giving them out in person except to my in-house family. But we can certainly make and send paper ones!

The Forums at Splitcoaststampers is to add a heart! How fun is that. My challenge and the MIX could easily be combined!

Ok, so my question to you is do you have any brads in your craft room. If so tell us about them!

Has anything sparked your interest this week? Do you have a crafty question? Discuss!

I do have brads! I have round ones in a copper finish. I have square ones in shiny chrome and ones that look like screws in dull silver. I have forks, flowers, ladybugs, and stars. There might be more but that is what I remember without getting up and looking. Since it's currently the wee hours of the morning, I am not going to get up and look. I am going to say good-night instead and wish you a wonderful Friday!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-04-2021, 11:53 PM   #82  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 161 Likes on 115 Posts

I was using my Gelatos for a background for an upcoming challenge and found myself wondering why I don't use them more...and I really want time to play with the black watercolour paper I bought in case I had time to try the December VSN challenge for which it was on the shopping list (answer, no, it's still unopened).

I have plenty of brads in all sizes and colours. Not a lot of shaped ones except from gifts - though I enjoy using those - I used a Christmas gift on one of my cards yesterday. I have quite a few fabric ones which I love the feel and look of, but they are bulky when it comes to mailing . I have some fun bright, cheerful striped ones, and some which matched a pack of DP.

No call for Valentine's cards in this household, so I'll have to do something else for Jeanne's challenge; I have a little heart-shaped media plate so I might do something with that and incorporate my tiniest brads which cave with Queen & Co flower sequinny things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 09:27 AM   #83  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 131 Likes on 72 Posts

I bought a bunch of brads years ago when it was more popular to add them to cards, but I didn't really use them much. So, yes, I have a collection of a rainbow of colors of round brads; the brass ones because I use to color the head with a Sharpie to get a color I might one, and a few shapes ones (mostly flowers). Every once in awhile I pull them out, but it's more likely that I will grab the nailhead stickers, rhinestones or sequins. I also have a collection of paper flowers for the same reason. Maybe I can stick a brad in some of those and use of some of my supply. LOL

I am getting ready to jump into the gelli plate thing. I will start out with my DOs and see what I get. I don't have acrylics and have resisted adding yet ANOTHER medium to my chocked full craft closet, but I just might have to. The colors are so much more vibrant than ink pads. Oh well, thank goodness I have a very supportive husband.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2021, 10:24 AM   #84  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbieinOCForums at Splitcoaststampers

I am getting ready to jump into the gelli plate thing. I will start out with my DOs and see what I get. I don't have acrylics and have resisted adding yet ANOTHER medium to my chocked full craft closet, but I just might have to. The colors are so much more vibrant than ink pads. Oh well, thank goodness I have a very supportive husband.
I think they are two very different looks and both lovely. I have still to try DOX on my large one, so far I've only used them on the small ones that I use in my stamp positioner.
I have limited my acrylic supplies to what fits in a shoe-box, so that's not too bad. And there are a good few other techniques you can use them for . Some of them I have had mixed success and total fails with, but this one remains a favourite: Acrylic Distress on Tutorial at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2021, 12:01 PM   #85  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22Forums at Splitcoaststampers
I think they are two very different looks and both lovely. I have still to try DOX on my large one, so far I've only used them on the small ones that I use in my stamp positioner.
I have limited my acrylic supplies to what fits in a shoe-box, so that's not too bad. And there are a good few other techniques you can use them for . Some of them I have had mixed success and total fails with, but this one remains a favourite: Acrylic Distress on Tutorial at Splitcoaststampers
Sabrina, you are such an enabler. LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 10:55 AM   #86  

This week's IC is Forums at Splitcoaststampers.

This week we are celebrating Forums at Splitcoaststampers! I have had the privilege of meeting Jen online on a ZOOM retreat weekend. She is lovely!

Remember there are several ways we can celebrate our Featured Stamper. First of all, the challenges never expire so if you happen to be watching all things SuperBowl today, you can create something later! We can leave comments of congratulations in the challenge comments. Another way to celebrate Jen is to leave comments on cards in her gallery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2021, 03:51 AM   #87  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
VSN Coordinator

Received 119 Likes on 101 Posts

TheForums at Splitcoaststampers is hearts.

~Misti~  My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2021, 10:03 AM   #88  

Hello, Tuesday, what happened to Monday?

Forums at Splitcoaststampers. A fun technique that filled a technique gallery that had not seen any activity in almost a year.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers. It makes me think of some beautiful patterned paper I have. This is a gorgeous color combo.

This week's Forums at Splitcoaststampers is to take a Zen approach. The recipient is a young woman who had to have her eye removed because of cancer.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2021, 08:54 AM   #89  

The Forums at Splitcoaststampers is up and the gallery is filling up with loveliness!

The Forums at Splitcoaststampers is champagne glasses!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2021, 12:51 PM   #90  

Old is New for theWT831- What's Old is New (2/11/21) by cathymac at Splitcoaststampers! We are to grab our oldest stamp. Do you still have your oldest stamp? I do. My oldest is an angel. Apparently, I didn't take a picture of it. I think my card turned out terrible. I used it several times but I was never happy with it so I guess it never made it to my gallery.

How about you? What is your oldest stamp?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2021, 10:06 PM   #91  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 586 Likes on 223 Posts

I bought a couple of stamp sets when I first started stamping - Sweet & Simple Salutations and Great Greetings and I still have both sets though I have unmounted them from their wood blocks. I also still use both sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-12-2021, 09:22 AM   #92  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I do, but I really don't like them and don't use them anymore. My third stamp, however, was a cute Palm Tree which I still use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2021, 09:56 AM   #93  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

Received 213 Likes on 118 Posts

my oldest stamp is a snowflake from Commotion. I bought it with some silver metallic ink from a joanns fabrics to stamp on the envelope flaps of my Christmas cards a million years ago like a wax seal. ( and I had no clue about cleaning stamps so, to this day there are specks of silver in the deep crevices of the rubber)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2021, 12:16 PM   #94  

I like reading about everyone's first stamps! Stacy, that is funny about the glitter! Catherine that is cool that you still use yours! I am with you Debbie, I don't really use my oldest stamps anymore but I haven't parted with them either.

My husband's days off fell on Thur/Fri this week and I was so busy celebrating Valentine's weekend with him that I missed linking.

Ok, So...when my husband is home and we have a lot going on, I don't get back here as often as I like so here are the Challenges that have not been linked.

F4A573 Lucky Token...2/12/2021 by dawnmercedes at Splitcoaststampers - Lucky

IC793 (2/13/2021) The Happy Housie by kiagc at Splitcoaststampers - The Happy House

MIX420 Make It POP! {2-12-21} by dizzymommie at Splitcoaststampers - Make it Pop

FS732 {02/14/21} hotwheels by Ardyth at Splitcoaststampers - Linda (hotwheels) is our Featuredy Stamper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-14-2021, 06:52 PM   #95  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

CAS625 - Unbelievable - 2/15/2021 by Humma at Splitcoaststampers

~Misti~  My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2021, 11:32 AM   #96  

The TLC834 ~ Camo Fun ~ {2-15-21} by Rebeccaof at Splitcoaststampers! If you played in a HYCCT Challenge a few years ago you might remember this. I believe it was a challenge posted by LuvLee.

It's great fun to make your own camo. I couldn't help but look for the card that I created for HYCCT challenge. If you would like to view it click HYCCT1305 - Courage in Camo by ohmypaper! at Splitcoaststampers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2021, 07:27 AM   #97  

WCW038 - 02/17/21 - Learning To Paint With Watercolor by ohmypaper! at Splitcoaststampers is an easy landscape. I can't reach it by the homepage. Is anyone else having issues?

I am in the middle of fixing my husband's work supper so I will be back and link challenges I have missed after he is off to work but in case I am not the only one having issues reaching the WCW Challenge I thought, I would link it right quick!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2021, 07:52 AM   #98  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 206 Likes on 149 Posts

Angie, the watercolor challenge was not linking to the home page, but I did find it and see that there are several video choices. The sketch challenge wasn't showing the linking as well. I can find the sketch, but had to go find a card with the tag where I could easily press and find the other ones. It took a little while to find the places I generally look. I hope to try the tutorial of the Kissing Joseph's Coat. That look fun and messy.

Featured Stamper #671
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2021, 11:04 AM   #99  

Lisa, thanks so much for being persistent! So glad you were able to find the challenges eventually. I am going to get everything linked up now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2021, 11:14 AM   #100  

Sketch Challenge 841 (February 17, 2021) by pvilbaum at Splitcoaststampers can be found here but it looks like it might be having a little problem. You can at least add your card to the gallery with the keyword and you can view the sketch.

The MMTPT656-February 16, 2021-A Perfect Pair by peeps321 at Splitcoaststampers is super sweet. Let's help celebrate a 50th Anniversary!

The CC831 - FLIRTY FLAMINGOS DINING ON MANGOS AND PEARS - 02/16/21 by Karen B Barber at Splitcoaststampers looks like spring!

I think we are caught up now!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2021, 09:45 AM   #101  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

Ang - I'm not seeing the F4A for today so maybe one of the Texas gals or someone without power was due to post? Should we volunteer to pitch in?

Catching up on this week tonight!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2021, 06:29 PM   #102  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

It looks like the Forums at Splitcoaststampers is watercoloring

TheForums at Splitcoaststampersis Favorite places

And Forums at Splitcoaststampersis looking at Monika Winden

And there is a Forums at Splitcoaststampers, all three challenges have gone live and can be seen here. The theme is parks and Recreation.

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2021, 11:59 PM   #103  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I read that as water colours, two words, so it could be any medium?
Man, I struggled with favourite places. We have been restricted to 5km (about 4 miles) from the house for so long that everything else seems so unattainable. The VSN challenges looked great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBgreendawnForums at Splitcoaststampers
It looks like the Forums at Splitcoaststampers is watercoloring
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2021, 07:21 AM   #104  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Bionic ChatboxChick

I am thinking that the string of challenges just may be one of those times when its like a unicorn of borrowing a section of Carlene's brain and the Wed watercolor tutorial is to do a mountain scene, and the favorite place and the using waters colors. and the third VSN ( to do snowy mountains) just might squeak together in my mind. but, I think since you said that it really is not to watercolor something ( funny how we see what we want to) but, to use colors from Water. ( assuming blues and greens here) but, even still I am thinking if you change the colors of the tutorial scene, and add some snow to the mountains it really could be done to have a 3 for or a 4 for challenge card.
Parks in Oregon tend to be wild spaces. I mean there are formal places but, the ones my family sees most are more rugged.
my internet cut out for a while. ( I know its in lines on poles so it made me wonder if someone had crashed into a power pole somewhere but, its on again)

My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2021, 08:29 AM   #105  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22Forums at Splitcoaststampers
I read that as water colours, two words, so it could be any medium?
Man, I struggled with favourite places. We have been restricted to 5km (about 4 miles) from the house for so long that everything else seems so unattainable. The VSN challenges looked great.
Sabrina, I would have bet money you would chose Paris as your favorite spot. Thank goodness all the bookies were closed due to weather. I think we are all feeling that hemmed-in feeling a bit. And, I think the water colors could be medium or colors. You and the other hostesses always tell me the challenges are wide open to interpretation.

Stacy, You live in such a beautiful part of our country. I can imagine the inspiration those majestic peaks and wild spaces near your home must evoke. I can almost imagine the card you described in combining all those challenges. Hope you make it. I would love to see it IRL. Glad your internet service is restored. It's amazing to me how dependent I have become on technology.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2021, 04:13 AM   #106  

Forums at Splitcoaststampers - Photo Corners

Forums at Splitcoaststampers - Inspired by Jeanne's struggle all week without water, Colors of Water.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers - Your Favorite Place

Forums at Splitcoaststampers - Interior Design Pinterest Board

Forums at Splitcoaststampers - DawnMercedes is this week's, Featured Stamper! Let's congratulate her by leaving some love in her gallery, or CASEing a card and playing in the challenge or leaving a comment in the challenge post!

My question for today is brought to us by the MIX Challenge.
Did you play in the challenge? Where is your favorite place?

My favorite place is actually home. I wish that I could make some changes to our home to make it more comfortable but my favorite place really is home and hanging out with my people. My second favorite place would be AZ. The happiest vacations we took as a family are all AZ vacations.

How about you?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2021, 02:48 PM   #107  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I have two favorite places: The first, and always best, is with family and friends. The second is Yosemite National Park. There are other peaks that are more spectacular, but there is just something special about the views of Half Dome and El Capitan. We took a few trips there when I was a kid and I have been several times as an adult. One of my favorite memories as a kid is watching the "Fire Fall" off Glacier Point down into the Valley. Although they have stopped the man-made fall, they now celebrate the natural Fire Fall that occurs in mid-late February. Here's a pic of the man-made fall:
https://yosemitefirefall.com/yosemit...glacier-point/

And, here's a pic of the natural Fire Fall:
https://www.myyosemitepark.com/thing...osemite-valley

I prefer the natural one, although I've never seen it in person. It's too cold for me there in February. Brrrrrrrrrrr. But, great memories.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2021, 07:46 PM   #108  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
CARD CASE'R
VSN Coordinator

Forums at Splitcoaststampers– Clouds

~Misti~  My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 11:27 AM   #109  

Ooops! I don't know what happens sometimes but before I posted last week's challenges, I looked and didn't see that anyone had posted them! Thanks, Stacy! That was awesome! All my people were home and when that happens, I am so rushed that I am not able to even get to the computer.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers - Lift the Paint There are some super pretty samples in the gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 11:32 AM   #110  

Wow! Debbie! Thanks so much for linking the Fire Fall! That sounds so cool that you were able to see the man-made Fire Fall. I bet it sparked your imagination as a child! The photograph of the natural one is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2021, 10:11 PM   #111  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohmypaper!Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Wow! Debbie! Thanks so much for linking the Fire Fall! That sounds so cool that you were able to see the man-made Fire Fall. I bet it sparked your imagination as a child! The photograph of the natural one is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing!
Yes. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2021, 09:08 AM   #112  

Forums at Splitcoaststampers - Soooo pretty. Blackberry, Razzleberry, and Garden Green!

Oh, yum! This week's Forums at Splitcoaststampers! And the destination is one another!

ok.....
Our question is sparked by the Teapot Challenge.
What is your favorite color? Have you always loved your favorite color or does it change? Do you have a favorite INK shade?

I love pink. I don't always love it on a card. I find some other colors more striking but I would surround myself with pink everything if I could. Funny thing...I don't own a lot of pink and there is no pink in my house. (insert cry emoji) I have loved pink for as long as I can remember. I bet you know where I might be headed with a favorite ink shade?
Kitsch Flamingo is pretty darn amazing!

Your turn!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2021, 09:26 AM   #113  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I think the new Pink Flamingo shade is a great pink...but pink is decidedly not my favorite color. My favorite color is Nature -- which translates into Blue, Green and Brown. I want to be surrounded by nature all the time and feel lucky we will have a great backyard we can sit in and enjoy the birds and other small critters. Being in the middle of a big city, it is actually pretty amazing at some of the wildlife we do see -- some, like raccoons, not as welcome as they like to destroy our grass which unnerves my husband to no end. LOL.

But if I had to choose only one color, right now it would be green. It use to be blue but I have moved over to green.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Angie and Sabrina -- I hope your hectic pace is slowing down a bit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2021, 12:49 PM   #114  
SCS Gallery Moderator
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Inks, I'll join Debbie and say green, though I know hers was the colour per se, not inks. It's probably my favourite one for cards; my baggie of green scraps is always the emptiest and if I see Bazzill or Coredinations, it's the one I will most stock up on. And when I'm making cling wrap backgrounds, they are usually green. But in my wardrobe, it's red. By a mile.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2021, 06:40 PM   #115  

Oh! Sabrina and Debbie, I do love blue and green together. Nature's colors are amazing.

Sabrina, I am very drawn to red clothing! Although, mostly black fills my closet. I really must get in better touch with myself! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2021, 06:49 PM   #116  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 586 Likes on 223 Posts

I love most colors but a pretty emerald green has been my favorite color for years. I have a bathrobe that is a beautiful emerald green and I love it but mostly, I don't find the right color of green in clothing so I don't have much in the way of green clothes.

Sabrina, red is my oldest daughter's favorite, my youngest's is blue, and my DH's favorite is purple.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2021, 07:54 PM   #117  

Catherine, Emerald Green is pretty! I don't have much in the way of pink clothing except at bedtime! I have a cozy thick pink bathrobe and 2 sets of pajamas in pink. I feel pretty in pink when wearing them!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2021, 07:56 PM   #118  

The Forums at Splitcoaststampers is up! Remember it's always ok to use a digi or a stamp for our Watercolor Wednesday challenges! Both Linda and I did so this week!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2021, 11:01 PM   #119  
Die Cut Diva

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

When asked, I’ve always said my favorite color is yellow. Once the topic came up when I was sitting at the table with my mom and my brother - I was in high school at the time. My brother said some like - you do know why it’s your favorite color, don’t you? Then proceeded to tell me that when we were younger we had assigned colors - oldest sister’s was red, next sister’s green, his was blue and mine was yellow. That came from the four colors of Tupperware. We each had our own cup, plate, etc. even our toothbrushes and laundry baskets were our assigned colors. I didn’t remember that, but my mom confirmed it. She said it was always a challenge to find a 5th color for my younger sister. Her stuff wasn’t always the same color, just not red, green, blue or yellow. It took me a long time to give myself permission to like other colors. If asked, I still say yellow - possibly just force of habit. My other favorite is purple.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2021, 03:47 AM   #120  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 206 Likes on 149 Posts

Yellow is a favorite color of mine. We use Fiesta ware in many colors. The yellows are always the plates, cups, and bowls I select. They have three colors, much like Lawn Fawn inks with their yellow colors, Sunflower, Lemonade, and Butter. I am leaving out Sticky Note, as I do not own that one. Now, I really do not own any yellow clothing, so maybe that needs to change.

Featured Stamper #671
Reply With Quote Likes