Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-14-2006, 04:30 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Default Cello Bags for wedding favors, please help

I am helping my future SIL make favors for their wedding. The plan is to order m&ms in their wedding colors, put some in cello bags and tie with a ribbon/tag combo. Ive never used the cello bags so i need some advice. We arent sure what size bags to order. We are thinking small, but maybe we should go with medium instead? Since 'custom' m&ms are a bit costly, she doesnt want to give each person a ton, just enough to look nice. (which is why we were thinking the smallest size) but im concerned about having enough excess on top to gather and tie the ribbon around. I thought about getting the medium and cutting down the tops but then i was afraid they would be too wide, and the m&ms would look too skimpy.

I would appreciate any input...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-14-2006, 04:34 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Perhaps you could try a place like http://cellobags.com and get a size that is narrow and tall.

Annette
http://stamponthis.com
Old 07-14-2006, 04:35 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimplyStampin123
I am helping my future SIL make favors for their wedding. The plan is to order m&ms in their wedding colors, put some in cello bags and tie with a ribbon/tag combo. Ive never used the cello bags so i need some advice. We arent sure what size bags to order. We are thinking small, but maybe we should go with medium instead? Since 'custom' m&ms are a bit costly, she doesnt want to give each person a ton, just enough to look nice. (which is why we were thinking the smallest size) but im concerned about having enough excess on top to gather and tie the ribbon around. I thought about getting the medium and cutting down the tops but then i was afraid they would be too wide, and the m&ms would look too skimpy.

I would appreciate any input...

If you use the smallest size cello bag, use a bag topper for it instead of tying the bag. Basically a quarter sheet of cardstock decorated in the couple's colors and attach to the bag using staples or something else. If you use staples you can hide them by layering another piece of c/s over it.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:53 PM   #4  
Glitter Guru

I would prolly use the small - and like pigfingers suggested if ribbon can't be tied I would do a cute bag topper (you could have the bride and grooms names and the date w/ a cute saying). HTH!
Old 07-14-2006, 05:06 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

www.jampaper.com

Karen

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2006, 08:49 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Cord is easier to tie than ribbon. Use the small bag and tie with silver or gold cord, depending on the wedding colors. The M&M's are already the wedding colors, so you don't have to use ribbon for color. Cord is cheaper too ;O) HTH

PS Cutting down the bags is a pain and would not look right, but the small would be perfect!!

"Something's gotta go wrong 'cause I'm feeling way too damn good." - Nickelback

"When Life hands you lemons, ask for salt and tequila and give me a call"