Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   CD Cases and labeling? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/cd-cases-labeling-233658/)

Hockeyrabbit 03-18-2007 02:47 PM

CD Cases and labeling?

Hi-

Well, I thought it would be great to use my new DYMO labeler to help me label my CDs with unmounted stamps in them, HOWEVER the tape that is used to print the labels is too large to fit on good to the spine of the CD..do they sell smaller width tape? Anyways, any ideas about how to use this tool to label the cds..I really like how neat it looks when printed out, just wish I could use the darn labels? I was thinking I could put them on the top of the CDs which would defeat the whole purpose..thanks!

Mahloumel 03-18-2007 02:51 PM

I wish I could help you, but I use a Brother P-touch labeler.

TXGrandmaX6 03-18-2007 03:04 PM

I use a Brother P-touch labeler also. The tape is 1/2 inch but the print is a little less than 1/4 inch so I just trim off the excess and it fits perfectly on the spine of the cd case.

Hockeyrabbit 03-18-2007 03:11 PM

Duh- I didn't even think to trim them..HA! geez, I swear sometimes I think I live in a box! Thanks!

Mistoffoleese 03-18-2007 03:12 PM

Are you able to change the size of your print? I can make mine in 4 different sizes and I have had to trim it to fit in some things. Good luck

Mahloumel 03-18-2007 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeyrabbit
Duh- I didn't even think to trim them..HA! geez, I swear sometimes I think I live in a box! Thanks!

Me either! I just wrap the excess label around the top and bottom of the spine.

marymoilanen 03-18-2007 03:22 PM

Are you sure you can't get a smaller label? I have a Brother and you can get 1/4" tape so it's perfect for CD cases.

Hockeyrabbit 03-18-2007 04:00 PM

I have no clue about smaller tape widths so for now I am just going to try and cut it down using an exacto and ruler to fit on the spine. I do like how neat things look with the labeler..I assume they eventually run out of ink too right?

jeanstamping2 03-18-2007 05:02 PM

Quote:

Hi-

Well, I thought it would be great to use my new DYMO labeler to help me label my CDs with unmounted stamps in them, HOWEVER the tape that is used to print the labels is too large to fit on good to the spine of the CD..do they sell smaller width tape? Anyways, any ideas about how to use this tool to label the cds..I really like how neat it looks when printed out, just wish I could use the darn labels? I was thinking I could put them on the top of the CDs which would defeat the whole purpose..thanks!

I use my Paper Trimmer to trim the extra paper off the label.
Then I place it on the end of the CD case.
Which works great!

Cara Denise 03-18-2007 05:24 PM

My Dymo tape is 3/8" wide ... just a bit to wide for the CD edge ... I just trim the tale above and below the lettering ... fits fine

Cara Denise 03-18-2007 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cara Denise
I just trim the tale

Ack - can't spell ... this should be tape

yankeewifey 03-19-2007 06:46 AM

I type my info in and then hit the "return" button. That makes the type size small enough to fit on the spine.
I attach it to the case and then stand it up and use my exacto knife (on a self-healing mat) to slice off the excess.

HoosierGirl 03-19-2007 07:09 AM

Duh! I have a Brother P-Touch and never thought to use it to labe CD cases. I'll have to pick up some of the narrower tape. Thanks for the idea!

MikiBee 03-19-2007 07:28 AM

Quote:

I have no clue about smaller tape widths so for now I am just going to try and cut it down using an exacto and ruler to fit on the spine. I do like how neat things look with the labeler..I assume they eventually run out of ink too right?

No, the Dymotape uses thermal printing, it heats the paper and leaves an impression rather than using ink. No worries about running out of ink!! And I believe the Dymo only uses 1/2" tape, so you'd either have to fold it over the spine (that's what I do), or trim it.

MikiBee 03-19-2007 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikiBee
Dymotape

Whoops, sorry.. meant to say Dymo Letra Tag