Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-26-2006, 07:50 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Upload Sunday??

Excuse me if I sound dumb, but what does "No Upload Sunday" imply??? Just curious.... Also, I have just signed up tp do index cards for SCS and I've NEVER put a card in the gallery. Is there a place that gives me instructions on HOW, WHERE, WHO etc, etc. Is it easy??? I would love to put some of my cards in my own gallery but have been toooo afraid to do it. I'm worried I'll screw something up!!! Any help would be appreciated. I ahve a digital camera NO scanner. hth...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2006, 08:08 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

when you upload..
there is a link on the homepage that says upload a card
and there is a link in the gallery in the upper right hand corner i believe.. click that and it takes you to the upload page.

your pic needs to be at 600x480 pixels.. you can edit in any photo editing software.
you will save the pic to your computer prior to doing this.. and in the upload screen, you will 'browse' your computer until you find your card.. then upload it.
when you upload it.. PLEASE select the gallery it belongs to.
you should use the dominant stamp set that you used.. if you used more than one set.
it will automatically go into YOUR gallery, the gallery you selected and into today's additions.
it is a HUGE help to us if you put it into the correct gallery.

for your index cards, there is a gallery called index cards in the special collections gallery.. that is actually where those will go.. not into the stamp set name.

when uploading, it is preferred but not mandatory that you put a description of what you used. also, under keywords, will you please put index in there?? so that if someone does a search for index cards, we can find them all??
thanks so much

no upload sunday.. that is a request that you dont upload on that day because us mods approve on a volunteer basis, and that is our day off. we sit at a computer for our shift and try to approve as quickly as possible so that members can share their creations. sundays are the only day we are 'officially' off without trying to find someone to cover for us.. and it is a really appreciated break.

we all enjoy what we do.. but we like our sunday's off!

Photographer serving the SE Houston area
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2006, 08:20 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Tasha;
Thanks sooooo much for the FYI. Last question, when I Upload my cards say for MY Gallery, Abum etc. etc.. Or even for the Index xard project will it automatically go to the right place for approval??? Then put in the spot it goes to after it's approved or then do I move it after the apporval??? I'm a little nervous, my DH is a computer genious I am not. He's going to help me tomorrow uploading somethings. I just don't want to screw up If I DO, please be nice... heee heee hee!!!! TTYL..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2006, 08:27 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL.. no worries.. my hubby is the computer nerd in our family too.
i learn as he teaches!

as for the approval.. you put them where they belong.. or where you 'think' they belong.. then it goes into a holding queue for us to approve.
we will move them accordingly if they need be.. if there are already where they belong though.. we just clik approve and it is done! makes it go much faster.

here is a pic of where the link is on the homepage.
Attached Thumbnails
No Upload Sunday??-untitled-1-copy.jpg  

Photographer serving the SE Houston area
Reply With Quote Likes