Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Cards for Military?? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/cards-military-14627/)

Tolkien4me 10-31-2004 10:56 AM

Cards for Military??

Does someone here have any idea how my Cub Scout Pack can send cards to the overseas military?? I opened my big mouth and said I'd help our entire pack makes cards, but don't really know where to send them. If any of you have connections with the military please let me know asap. Thanks
Ruth

Amanda O'Halloran 10-31-2004 11:10 AM

Military cards

I am overseas at a Belgian military base. There are about 100 Americans stationed here through a NATO agreement. I can give you my address and you can send the cards here. I can then have our Spouses Group disperse them throughout the military members. I know they would love to have friendly mail!!! Please e-mail me and then I can send you the address. Thanks!

1luckyfool 10-31-2004 11:24 AM

I have a son in the Marines who is in Iraq now. I know that his unit would love to get cards also. If you are interested I can PM you his address

Deb

Sereikastamper 10-31-2004 11:25 AM

And you can always send them to me to send over and be part of our card drive to the troops! Just click the link below my signature! :lol:

STAMPSILLY2004 10-31-2004 11:28 AM

I too have a question relating to this topic. What is the turn around time for getting cards overseas and then our military guys and gals being able to mail them back for Christmas. I was thinking of making some that were blank for them to be able to send back home to their loved ones for Christmas but was afraid I may already be too late? Thanks, Gina

Sereikastamper 10-31-2004 11:30 AM

Hey Gina, I am sending the BLANK cards through the third week of November and written cards through the third week of December!

Edited for stupidity!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

WeLove2Stamp 10-31-2004 11:34 AM

um, Keri, you said 3rd week for both, but the context sounded like they were supposed to be different times. I have a group scheduled for 11/9 to make blank cards, so I want to make sure we aren't going to be too late. (although I guess if we are, we'll send them up to the Walter Reed collection)

Amanda O'Halloran 10-31-2004 11:35 AM

miltary cards

StampSilly,
What a great idea! For overseas delivery, 2-3 wks in Europe, including the big bases like Ramstein, Spangdahlem, etc. For more remote locations like middle eastern countries, probably about 3-4 wks, worse case scenario. It's never too late; military families are used to getting late mail, usually past holiday timeframe, but it is Always welcomed, despite late timing. Plus, it's very very difficult to buy greeting cards, especially in remote locations. Thanks for such a great idea!

Sereikastamper 10-31-2004 11:42 AM

Opps I meant to type December!! LOL The Blanks for November the written for December... :oops: