Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-31-2005, 08:11 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Card Stock

As a soon to be new demo - sending in paper work tomorrow - how much cs do you typically go through in one month? Or better yet, how much per party with average of 10 ladies there? Am I better off ordering assorted packs (I have one in each category) or do you by them by the color? Give me an idea of what you have on hand right now in your stamp room.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 08:19 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

I started out with an assortment of each color & a few individual packs. Once I had an assortment of each color I started getting individual packs based on the colors I used. I now only buy individual colors based on what I use. (There are a few colors I still have 3 sheets of because I have never used that color) I would look at the the colors you use now & start with indiv. packs of those then build up your supply of other colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 08:24 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I am so new that I don't have colors I use. I just learned about SU! in Feb. and have been browsing this site all month. Now I am diving off the high dive and becoming a demo in April. I guess I am trying to figure out how much money I am going to be spending. Stamps are forever so no problem. Same with accessories, I will use them even if I fall flat on my face. It is cs that I am so unsure about. I am wondering how much I will be needing to prepare for parties and such.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 08:29 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

I started off with some basic favorites of mine. I recommend single packs of some colors.
I ordered (not all at once): black, US white & vanilla, red, cameo coral, yellow, pretty in pink, navy, pos. pink, olive, mellow moss, bliss blue and confetti white. Now, I add to it whenever I place another order.
I pretty much stuck with my favorites on my first order. I had been told to stock up on cardstock instead of stamp sets; and they were right.
For a workshop of 10 people, you need 5 pieces for just the card base, then more for layering. An assorted pack only has 3 of each color, making it hard to use for workshops.
This site helps so much for us new demos! Just keep reading every post you have time for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 08:30 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default cardstock

If you can always order 2 packs of each, these way you always have extras.

One of the colors you need to have extras: us vanilla & white.
Those are a must when it comes to making cards.

Good luck & Congratulations,

Ana Malick ')
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 08:42 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

When I first started, I didn't have the money to buy indiv. packs of all the CS. I started out buying the asst. packs and then started buying the indiv. packs a little at a time. When I would send in an order, I would order at least 2 packs of paper. Before I got a good variety of colors, I would use white or vanilla as the base of the card and the colors for layering.

You might consider what events/holidays are coming up 2 or 3 months in advance and plan your CS purchases according to that. You may not want to stock up on too many of the Christmas colors yet, but work on colors to make Mother's Day, Father's Day and 4th of July cards/scrapbook pages. Then work on the fall colors, etc.

I hope this helps and makes sense. It's late and I'm getting tired. It's off to bed for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 09:57 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Ditto to what stampinarmymom and spicychickie said.

My situation was similar to yours (started stamping in February and signed up in April). I started out with a pack of vanilla cardstock and 1 assortment each of color group. To prepare for my first workshop, I ordered 1 pack of NQNavy. It took me a couple of months to start ordering individual packs of cardstock since I started using Vanilla or White as the base of my card. I saved on my colored cardstock that way. Even now, I always use Vanilla or White for my 6x6 scrapbook page make and takes, and try to have my card with a base of one of the above colors or craft.

Don't worry too much, you'll be fine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 10:00 PM   #8  
Kookie Creator

Ditto to what stampinarmymom and spicychickie said.

My situation was similar to yours (started stamping in February and signed up in April). I started out with a pack of vanilla cardstock and 1 assortment each of color group. To prepare for my first workshop, I ordered 1 pack of NQNavy. It took me a couple of months to start ordering individual packs of cardstock since I started using Vanilla or White as the base of my card. I saved on my colored cardstock that way. Even now, I always use Vanilla or White for my 6x6 scrapbook page make and takes, and try to have my card with a base of one of the above colors or craft.

Don't worry too much, you'll be fine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 04:57 AM   #9  
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land

I did 2 packs of each assorted and then based off that I started ordering more individual packs with each order. I tacked on the end of every customer or hostess order that had, 2-3 individual packs for myself until I built up to have all the colors ($10-$20 worth of stuff). It took me 3 months or so to do this. But I'm more of a hobby demo than a "business demo".

I have a couple packs that I still have the original 6 sheets from the assorted and haven't opened the individual pack yet. BUT I feel good that if I have a workshop and the hostess wants something springing with yoyo yellow. Even though I prefer Summer Sun and therefore have been through 2 packs of it and am still on my original yo yo, I have enough YoYo Yellow to do a workshop for her and not worry about it.

FWIW, I did the same thing with the pads, reinkers and with the markers. At the end of some orders, I'd add 3-4 pads, after I got all them, I tacked on a box of refills. Took 4 orders, I have all my refills. 4 more I had all my markers.

Now I'm collecting ribbon and buttons and eyelets that way. I need 2 more colors to get all teh grosgrain ribbon and am halfway with the 3/8" organdy.

By the way on the demo website, there is a chart htat has all the colors for markers, reinkers, classic pads, craft pads, etc. That's how I kept up with what I had ordered and needed.

Good luck!
elizabeth

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 05:08 AM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

Default Re: Card Stock

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamping_jen
Give me an idea of what you have on hand right now in your stamp room.
You don't want to know.... I never buy assorted packs. I have at least one pack of each color onhand plus what I already have opened. If I'm doing a workshop, I'm always using more than 3 sheets of one color.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 06:20 AM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

I started out buying the assorted packs, that way I at least had 3 of each color. Works good for the non-demo person.
But now my Friend/Demo and I have been ordering individual colors together and splitting them. This has worked great. That way you get 12 of two colors instead of 24 of one. A three-way split would also work good, that would be 8 of 3 colors.
If you have someone to split with I would recommend that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 07:18 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by jodilynne516
I started out with an assortment of each color & a few individual packs. Once I had an assortment of each color I started getting individual packs based on the colors I used. I now only buy individual colors based on what I use. (There are a few colors I still have 3 sheets of because I have never used that color) I would look at the the colors you use now & start with indiv. packs of those then build up your supply of other colors.
What she said!

D.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 07:20 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 217 Likes on 187 Posts

You didn't mention what inks you have. You may want to match your CS and ink. Maybe start with just one color family. Also look in the gallery at stamp sets you have or are going to get with your starter kit. Pick out a couple of cards you might like to do in a workshop and figure out what colors and how much you need from that.

Good Luck! Hope you have loads of fun and make some great stamping friends.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 08:01 AM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

You have started with a good goal of having 10 people at a demo...now how many demo's per mon is your goal? After setting this you can determine if you need to order one pack or two etc of the colors you want to work with for the month. I agree with the other demo's I just added to the customer order/or ordered on my own as I could toestablish the colors I used in the beginning. Now after a year I still don't have a package of every color...I am okay with that....there are just some colors I don't think I would demo....of course looking at this site, I am always being tempting by something I NEVER dreamed I would like. (think paisley)
Reply With Quote Likes