Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   ? for card sellers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/card-sellers-189737/)

leo67 10-09-2006 04:13 AM

? for card sellers

I am thinking about participating in a craft sale being held at my work site in December. I would be selling mostly HM cards. Is there a good source for the plastic protectors to keep the fingerprints off? Thanks!

Susan_T 10-09-2006 04:40 AM

I use clearbags.com. If you do 5 x 7 cards, make sure you order the size that will fit the envelope also. They aren't bags. They are sleeves and you can open the card to read the inside. Good luck.

Waldsb651 10-09-2006 04:56 AM

I have a cake/candy store close by and they have ALL sizes of bags for sale. The prices are great. For Example, the 5 x 6.5" size packages run 25 for $1.23. They work perfectly for the card and envelope. I put the front of the envelope showing on one side, the front of the card on the other so they can see the envelope stamp also. If I have a greeting stamped on the inside of the card, I use scrap computer paper and stamp the greeting, crop it down and put it on the envelope side so they can also see what the inside says. I have found that this works for me. Good luck at your craft sale. BARB

mrsmcmc41 10-09-2006 05:08 AM

I stick mine in an acetate enve. and stamp the inside sentiment that they choose, when they buy it.

thuskins 10-09-2006 06:42 AM

I got an idea from someone else here to use zip lock sandwich bags and cut the zip lock off. It is the perfect fit and looks great and .99 for 100 (generic). I fold over the access and tape it closed. On the back I have the envelope and then a piece of paper with the inside sentiment. I tried generic sandwich bags that were not zip lock, the plastic looked cheep and the size was way off. It is a little cutting but keeps costs low.

mnhyrkas 10-09-2006 08:12 AM

I order from clearbags.com also. There are lots of styles to choose from- I like B45 size 5 7/8 x 4 1/2. perfect for the standard size card (4 1/4 x 5 1/2) and envie. it has an adhesive strip on the flap that you peel of to seal.

Lavafrogg 10-09-2006 12:07 PM

My first choice was the clear re-sealable envelopes, but those added too much cost for what I can sell them for. ($2.00 each)

I purchased some zip loc style bags from eBay. Most of my cards tend to be stamped the taller way so I bought bags for that. They are about an inch longer than the envelope so that is where I punch a hole to hang the bags and where I put my price sticker so it doesn't cover up the card at all. My display is with pegboard and peg hooks. I find it better to have many card designs showing to catch people's eyes than a basket of cards that only one person can look through.

twyant 10-09-2006 04:33 PM

I use zip lock bags too. I also cut of the zipper and tape!!

kysmom 10-09-2006 04:41 PM

I get mine from www.uniquepacking.com.

LMstampartist 10-23-2006 12:00 PM

Thanks for the info. I had the same question about the Cello bags and was searching endlessly online. I finally decided to come back to SCS and was going to post a thread when I checked first.

I just placed an order with clearbags.com

Thanks for the information!!!!

Lisette

lauraos 10-23-2006 12:45 PM

I haven't done side by side comparisons but another good place is www.asociatedbag.com

Laura