Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 02:09 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't think the poster meant that the Bellas were paying for positive threads, rather that the amount of positive threads about them is so high it is as if they were paying. There's a world of difference.

I always smile and grimace when I see the posts not liking Bellas. Smile because I know a ton of folks will comment and give the Bellas good free publicity!! and grimace cause I know that a ton of folks will comment and be upset.

I think the owner of the bellas can handle this. Now, if only they were clear!! LOL
Old 04-20-2007, 02:10 PM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeanneMarie
Wow are you serious that they paid people to post. positive feedback here?
I really thought the bella's were kinda cute, but if they did that I'm having
second thoughts.
That's funny!! I swear that was how I read the post too!! I think she meant that there's so much praise of the bellas even though no one has been paid to promote them. (I hope, anyhow.)
Old 04-20-2007, 02:11 PM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

I leave for a couple hours and look what happens...ok, just kidding. Seriously, I am not saying that anyone who likes Bellas is wrong, I just don't like them. I love some of the cards that have been made with them (the layouts, the colors...just not the Bellas).

I didn't realize there were any other threads discussing this. I had even done a search and mostly came up with swaps and people saying how much they love them.

OK, all you Bella lovers, get back to stamping.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-20-2007, 02:11 PM   #44  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Wow are you serious that they paid people to post positive feedback here?
Oh goodness no I never said that, and don't believe any company would do that either. If you read my original statement, I never said such a thing. I would never claim here that StampingBella has done such a thing; that company has purchased legitimate banner advertising on SCS and at no time has anyone said here that they've tried to get any other kind of advertising via anything other than the official channels. I feel it is clear in my original post that I never made this kind of claim.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:11 PM   #45  
Mad Swapper

Okay, I'm going to go read it all again. Perhaps I took things out of context. You may smack me now LOL
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2007, 02:14 PM   #46  
Gallery Gazer

Thank you very much, Joan and Kimberly!
Old 04-20-2007, 02:14 PM   #47  
Insane Embellisher

Dang.....I WISH Em would pay us! Hee, hee! In BELLAS! Like free Bellas for all the praise! Ha, ha, ha!
Old 04-20-2007, 02:18 PM   #48  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
Oh goodness no I never said that, and don't believe any company would do that either. If you read my original statement, I never said such a thing. I would never claim here that StampingBella has done such a thing; that company has purchased legitimate banner advertising on SCS and at no time has anyone said here that they've tried to get any other kind of advertising via anything other than the official channels. I feel it is clear in my original post that I never made this kind of claim.

Yes you did say EXACTLY that ---- my point being you must be careful what you type. Even though most of us knew you were kidding some people would take it serious.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:34 PM   #49  
Gallery Gazer

JeanneMarie, this is exactly what I said originally.

Quote:

The bella product line could not be getting more positive coverage on SCS even if the company did something extreme like paying people to start happy-bella threads.
Joan's clarification of what my original post said is right on the money:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B
I don't think the poster meant that the Bellas were paying for positive threads, rather that the amount of positive threads about them is so high it is as if they were paying. There's a world of difference.
I could not be more baffled by some of the interpretations of my posts even if someone came up and smacked me in the face with a frying pan. I did *not* just say someone has smacked me on the face witha frying pan (though I'm sure there's a lineup for that somewhere). I just said my level of bafflement could not be increased any further, not even by someone smacking me on the face with a frying pan.

We all must be careful of how we read and what we type; you gave some good advice.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:41 PM   #50  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
JeanneMarie, this is exactly what I said originally.

Joan's clarification of what my original post said is right on the money:

I could not be more baffled by some of the interpretations of my posts even if someone came up and smacked me in the face with a frying pan. I did *not* just say someone has smacked me on the face witha frying pan (though I'm sure there's a lineup for that somewhere). I just said my level of bafflement could not be increased any further, not even by someone smacking me on the face with a frying pan.

We all must be careful of how we read and what we type; you gave some good advice.
OMGosh you got smacked in the face with a frying pan????? That's AWFUL!!!!!

I SO couldn't resist that one.........

I think it's interesting how people can interpret posts - and I find it challenging at times to get MY message across via the written word as it is SO hard to convey emotion (whther it be sarcasm, humerous, anger, giddiness etc etc etc) through type........I've been keeping up with this thread just to see where it will go!!

Back to lurking.........
Old 04-20-2007, 02:48 PM   #51  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by momis mama
WOW! again?!
i literally thought that in my head when i saw this.. there's NO way this thread could be started again... lol
Old 04-20-2007, 02:51 PM   #52  
Pearl-ExPert

Just suppose I don't get the hype over the Papertrey stamps. I wouldn't start a post with that because 1) I know the owners are members of SCS and I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings or put myself in a position to be FLAMED bigtime and 2) I don't think anyone else would really give a darn whether I liked them or not!!! LOL!!! Just my opinion.
SCS Member #772
My Gallery
Old 04-20-2007, 02:51 PM   #53  
Pearl-ExPert

NO KIDDING!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzytobi
i literally thought that in my head when i saw this.. there's NO way this thread could be started again... lol
SCS Member #772
My Gallery
Old 04-20-2007, 02:54 PM   #54  
Mad Swapper

Well i read it and certainly didn't take it any other way than the way she meant..IF she wud have said..the company ARE paying them ..then different story..she said..even IF the company was paying them. I think Mahloumel..worded it just fine..just my opinion..no argument.
loves ya

When the world says give up, hope whispers, try one more time.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:00 PM   #55  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default PAID PEOPLE??

Quote:

Wow are you serious that they paid people to post positive feedback here?
I really thought the bella's were kinda cute, but if they did that I'm having
second thoughts.
Ladies, I gotta pipe in. Never EVER has any money ever exchanged hands for publicity or threads being started.. OMG.. that is an insult to someone's (mine) integrity.

'nuff said
proffesional here, right?
Em
Old 04-20-2007, 03:06 PM   #56  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ok I am professionally calm now.. I just misinterpreted the misinterpretation

Mwah!
Em
Old 04-20-2007, 03:06 PM   #57  
Stampin' Fool

My first Bellas came this week and I couldn't be happier. I agree with previous posters about how it's great that there are so many choices out there. That way if we don't like something, it's okay. There's definitely something else out there to love and use.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:07 PM   #58  
Insane Embellisher

you ladies are cracking me up! picking on those poor little bellas. i used to have a dog named bella...now shes gone. guess thats not really relevent. thanks for the giggle...sheila
Old 04-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #59  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZ
While I realize people tend to be "protective," please don't stomp on folks that express a differing opinion. It's not "rude" to post an opinion just because the manufacturer is a member of this site.

People post threads like this all the time about lots of different things. Stampin' Up, Hero Arts, to name a few companies. "Cute" stamps, "collage" stamps, "religious" stamps, to name a few styles. And let's not forget the threads like, "What's UP with paperclips??? They're so UGLY!"

Everybody is entitled to "get" or not get a trend, a style, a brand. Everybody is entitled to express that in a thread, AS LONG AS their opinion is just for their own feelings, and is not a put down of anybody else's, e.g. "Ya'll are IDIOTS to think these are cute!"

If you don't agree, maybe just start your own, "I absolutely ADORE (fill in the blank)!!"
Exactly what I was thinking but said much more diplomatically than I was phrasing it in my head.

You rock, Betsybella!
Old 04-20-2007, 03:26 PM   #60  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by momis mama
here ya go! gotta love 'em!
http://www.stampingbella.com/index.php
Not, me. I don't gotta love 'em. I think they are scary too. Their smiles just make them look on the edge and their thin limbs weird me out. I don't gotta love 'em. I also don't like the country-cutesy stamps. I also don't like the heavily collaged look. I also don't like the ones that look drawn in crayon. I also don't like turnips or squash and should get to say so.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:27 PM   #61  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Thank you, Betsy.

Thank you, Mel.

Thank you, Joan.

Thank you, Keri.

Old 04-20-2007, 03:38 PM   #62  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
Not, me. I don't gotta love 'em. I think they are scary too. Their smiles just make them look on the edge and their thin limbs weird me out. I don't gotta love 'em. I also don't like the country-cutesy stamps. I also don't like the heavily collaged look. I also don't like the ones that look drawn in crayon. I also don't like turnips or squash and should get to say so.
And you have every right to say so! Personally I like the bellas but I agree with you and the Country-Cutesy stamps! Thanks for sharing/posting your thoughts!
Old 04-20-2007, 03:40 PM   #63  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a niece named Bella, and I think she would be highly insulted by this thread.

This thread reminds me of that Gossip game (sometimes called Telegraph, for those of us that old) we used to play in grade school. You know, where one person whispers something, and then we pass it on. It comes out impossibly misunderstood by the end!
Old 04-20-2007, 03:49 PM   #64  
Hardware Hotshot

Wow, maybe we need a"I hate forum" so people could express their opionions without getting us all hyped up. Sort of like "current events"
Actually, I think the title of the thread was what got me all in a tizzy!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 04:42 PM   #65  
Mad Swapper

Basically..i think it is so silly for grown-ups to be arguing about something like stamps..Em knows how her Bella's are adored by so many.. Other-wise she'd be outta business..everyone is entitled to what they like or dislike.
I for one cannot stand Superstore (here in Canada) won't shop there if toilet paper was 10cents for a 48 roll pack.. but they certainally are not going to close on my opinion. My sis and sum friends know how i feel bout that store..even tho they shop there.. they tease me..but they certainally don't get upset bout it.
Goodness..i really can't see all the fuss..lol..the Bella's look like pretty strong girls..i don't think they need all the back-up..lol.
Just my opinion..no argument.
loves ya

When the world says give up, hope whispers, try one more time.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:49 PM   #66  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
Holy Cow, housefan! We should be neighbors! Our dislikes run neck and neck!

To me, the bellas resemble the 'I Love Lucy' stick Lucy & Desi. I just don't 'dig' the square face and triangle mouth.. she ain't purdy... IMHO!!! I do think the outfits and situations she's in are neat tho. She has real lookin' legs.. so what happened to her arms? Guess it all goes back to when understanding art, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I've read many times here where people say a certain stamp or type of stamp 'isn't their style'. Bella's aren't mine and I haven't bought any. I wouldn't dare try to talk someone out of buying them. Buy what you love and enjoy!!!

Life's too short to slam someone cause they don't like what you like. They do have the right to express their thoughts in a kind way.
May God bless America, Stormy
Old 04-20-2007, 04:49 PM   #67  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUSIKEL
Exactly what I was thinking but said much more diplomatically than I was phrasing it in my head.

You rock, Betsybella!
Milk just exploded outta my nose......lol!
Old 04-20-2007, 05:04 PM   #68  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a theory ... I think threads like this might be started out of frustration due to all the "I love the Bellas" threads that are out there. Somedays it's a bit of an overload with the Bellas and for those folks who don't get it or don't like it - it can be annoying to have it constantly in your face, KWIM? Personally, I'm a live and let live kinda girl, but that's my theory!

I don't agree with having a separate "I hate ..." board, just like I don't agree with a separate "I love ...." board. You just gotta take the good with the bad and respect the fact that we are all different with different likes and dislikes. It really IS ok for someobody to say they don't like something ... it happens ALL the time.

I don't love or hate the Bellas ... I'm neutral 'cause I don't even consider them because I'm skeered of any stamps that are unmounted !

Hopefully I didn't offend anybody with my "theory" ... certainly not intended.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:08 PM   #69  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJStamper
I have a theory ... I think threads like this might be started out of frustration due to all the "I love the Bellas" threads that are out there. Somedays it's a bit of an overload with the Bellas and for those folks who don't get it or don't like it - it can be annoying to have it constantly in your face, KWIM? Personally, I'm a live and let live kinda girl, but that's my theory!

I don't agree with having a separate "I hate ..." board, just like I don't agree with a separate "I love ...." board. You just gotta take the good with the bad and respect the fact that we are all different with different likes and dislikes. It really IS ok for someobody to say they don't like something ... it happens ALL the time.

I don't love or hate the Bellas ... I'm neutral 'cause I don't even consider them because I'm skeered of any stamps that are unmounted !

Not offended at all - I agree with you!! Well said!!
Old 04-20-2007, 05:13 PM   #70  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyR

I think it's interesting how people can interpret posts - and I find it challenging at times to get MY message across via the written word as it is SO hard to convey emotion (whther it be sarcasm, humerous, anger, giddiness etc etc etc) through type.......

Back to lurking.........
Ditto to this~

Okay- so some like (insert brand name here) and some don't. If you don't want to read about it (the like or dislike of something) then move on to the next thread.

In a perfect world...... We all love everything and agree

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Old 04-20-2007, 05:18 PM   #71  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topaz_n29
Basically..i think it is so silly for grown-ups to be arguing about something like stamps..
LOL - I couldn't agree more Gail! Is this a forum for adults or a 3rd grader's playground???

They are stamps - cute as a button & I like them (don't own any YET, but I do think they are adorable).

Do you think men are going to argue about the Fella stamps? Probably not, they reserve their disagreements for sports issues.

Relax ladies, there's another craze right around the corner. Panties can only be bunched so much.....chill.

Anne
Old 04-20-2007, 05:18 PM   #72  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by willosmama
Ditto to this~

Okay- so some like (insert brand name here) and some don't. If you don't want to read about it (the like or dislike of something) then move on to the next thread.

In a perfect world...... We all love everything and agree

Agreed.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:19 PM   #73  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annek
Panties can only be bunched so much.....

Anne

ROTFL! Indeed!
Old 04-20-2007, 05:22 PM   #74  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJStamper

Nope--I feel ya'!
Old 04-20-2007, 05:32 PM   #75  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Do you think men are going to argue about the Fella stamps? Probably not, they reserve their disagreements for sports issues.

Relax ladies, there's another craze right around the corner. Panties can only be bunched so much.....chill.

Anne
If they do, can we oil them up and watch???

Well put!

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Old 04-20-2007, 05:34 PM   #76  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Panties can only be bunched so much
You ain't seen the size of MY butt! Hee, hee!
Old 04-20-2007, 05:40 PM   #77  
Stampin' Fool

I still want to know where I said the OP was rude.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:47 PM   #78  
Stazon Splitcoast

I never loved the Bella's very much. Then a SCS'er wanted an image from a card I had posted. She asked if I would trade for some Bella images and I said sure. Well when I got them in the mail they were so cute. So don't be too quick to judge. Things look different online than when in your own hands on cardstock. I'm thinking I need some Bella's of my own now.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:49 PM   #79  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelwoofer
you ladies are cracking me up! picking on those poor little bellas. i used to have a dog named bella...now shes gone. guess thats not really relevent. thanks for the giggle...sheila
weird!!! my dog's name is bella!!!!

<------- Loves the bellas
Old 04-20-2007, 05:56 PM   #80  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by willosmama
[COLOR=Red]If they do, can we oil them up and watch???
I'd get front row seats!!

LOL!
Anne
Closed Thread