Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-15-2005, 03:04 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the best way to organize?

I was looking at the Stampin' Space gallery and was wondering what is your best source of organization(i.e. What you cannot live without)? Is it a specific container you bought that has helped with your embellishments or is it the spinning tool holder that holds all your scissors and pens within reach? OR is it a way you are organized? by dividing things by color families? Having all of you stuff in labeled drawers?
I want to know! I am trying to get organized and only have a card table right now to lay out my stuff. Help me!

(Also: any suggestions on specific storage containers you use, such as that awesome ribbon organizer from Snapware & the one from Craftlocker, would be helpful!)

Last edited by Samwich; 11-15-2005 at 03:18 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2005, 03:30 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I'm kinda thinking about that myself right now, since hubby and I are working on converting a smallish closet into a temp creative space for me.

I know one thing I'll be working on when time comes, is labels on as much stuff as I can. I'm not so sure about containers yet. I'd love to have a mix of containers in various sizes, shapes, colors and materials though I'm not sure if it's the way to go yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2005, 08:31 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Ink storage thing. It was kind of expensive but it holds everything in every color with room for the discontinued colors too!

www.dekdevelopment.com

He is GREAT! He will custom make it to your specifications and then he lets you make payments on it! It's a must have for me for sure and well worth the money!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2005, 11:37 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow that is a beautiful ink storage. I wish I could have it! Unforunately I am barely to afford the inks let alone the storage for them. A girl can dream...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2005, 12:06 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The single most effective organizational tool I have are 2 rolling carts that hold hanging file folders. You can get them at Staples or any office supply store. It is basically a big rubbermaid type tub that sits on a plastic frame. I only use SU paper and I labeled each hanging file with each color. Amazing. Now when I cut paper and have some yoyo yellow scraps, in they go. I usedto go crazy with paper everywhere.

SU sells a caddy for ink pads, but I have an older version from another company that doesn't hold the new SU ink pads, so that's next on my list....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2005, 12:26 AM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

i just checked out that web site. i never would have thought. that is diffently worth checking out. thanks for posting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2005, 08:34 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Default My method....

My method of organization is to throw everything on the floor. I figure that if it starts there, my 2-yr old won't find it as appealing to put it there. Atleast if I throw it, I know where it is!!!!!

Ok really, I am working hard on organizing my room, but my DD makes it a little difficult when she worms her way in. I spent an hour the other night picking up a couple thousand paper clips that she really thought should be on the floor. She's cute!!!!

Anyway, Hubby is working on my storage unit and I have promised to post pics when it is done. He should be able to finish it on Friday!!!!! I'll post it then!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2005, 08:40 AM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

I love that color caddy. I did want to mention something else I do. I use mason jars for the buttons and small miscelanous embellishments. That way I can see right throught them. I have one for buttons and one for the small beads. I am bad about not organizing them by color but this works for me.
Reply With Quote Likes