Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Canadian military need our support (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/canadian-military-need-our-support-233231/)

heartwig 12-03-2009 09:13 PM

I just want to clarify that I'll still be doing all the collecting of the cards (in order to do the card totals). I will then connect with Punkapod for delivery to her hubby.

Whenever you need an address, let me know!

Rainy daze 12-03-2009 09:29 PM

I certainly wouldn't have a problem with some of my cards being used for the British troops to send home. I think that would be a nice gesture and show our Canadian hospitality.
My Mom was in the British Air Force when she met and married my dad who was a Canadian soldier ,so she came to Canada as a war bride in 1946.
I'm glad we are able to send out cards again!
Jackie

heartwig 12-03-2009 09:43 PM

Thanks, Jackie! It's nice to connect with you again.

My aunt was a war bride from England. She's a wonderful lady, but obviously getting up there in years.

I should also mention...the earlier posts on this thread were connected with the Manitoba ladies running A Card for Home. That website is no longer active and I haven't been able to connect with them by e-mail either. We're on our own in Alberta!

cat_woman 12-04-2009 05:17 AM

Thanks for letting me know why the change to more generic cards. I think its a good idea in some aspects. Its just unfortunate that there isn't a way to have the cards available to them more readily.

Punkapod 12-04-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_woman (Post 15657186)
Thanks for letting me know why the change to more generic cards. I think its a good idea in some aspects. Its just unfortunate that there isn't a way to have the cards available to them more readily.

Once my DH makes the contacts at the two bases I may have an idea on how to get cards to them on a more steady basis.

cat_woman 12-04-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punkapod (Post 15658414)
Once my DH makes the contacts at the two bases I may have an idea on how to get cards to them on a more steady basis.

That would be nice. I have some cards that I've been hanging on to, to send in a bunch rather than just a couple at a time, so its nice to know they'll get the cards one way or another. Its a lot of work organizing this and I know we appreciate your efforts as I'm sure the people using them do as well.

Punkapod 12-06-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartwig (Post 15656512)
My aunt was a war bride from England. She's a wonderful lady, but obviously getting up there in years.

My Grandma was a war bride from Scotland. She just recently passed away at 88yrs but atleast now she is back with her groom. They had been together almost 60 years when he passed 4 years ago.

ScrappingMommyof3 12-07-2009 04:22 AM

How sweet to think of it that way. I'm sure they are SO happy now that they have been reunited.

heartwig 01-11-2010 06:51 PM

Just giving this a "bump". Anytime you're ready to send some generic cards (wth envelopes please - my sources are drying up) send me a PM and I'll send you my address.

diane7 01-11-2010 07:29 PM

Just cleaned my scrap room! I should have some to go... will get your addy later though!
Thanks for the bump!
Diane

heartwig 01-20-2010 01:42 PM

Hi All,

I'm going to "close" this thread off (it's getting rather lengthy) and start a new one, with totals from the past few years, plus our total starting this year. Hope you'll follow over to the new one!

Wish me luck! ;)

stampin'grandma 01-21-2010 08:17 AM

I'll be watching for it--

Good luck:)

heartwig 01-21-2010 12:24 PM

The new thread is up and running - called "Canadian Military Need Our Support (2010). You can click on the link in my signature.

Make sure to subscribe over there to keep updated.

heartwig 02-10-2010 10:29 AM

Canadian Military Need Our Support (2007-2009) - CLOSED

Join us over at the new Canadian Military Need Our Support (2010). Link is in my signature!