Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-25-2006, 10:18 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Question Can you stamp on paper plates?

My DD's birthday party is going to be on Thursday and we are super limited on money for party decorations.... I was wondering if it is safe to stamp on paper plates to decorate them? Has anyone done this and gotten good results? Is it safe to eat off of? Will the ink smear all over the place? TIA for any help
Isaiah 40:31
check this!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-25-2006, 10:37 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

I haven't ever stamped on paper plates, but if you're worried about them being food safe, you could stamp on the napkins...I did this last year for Thanksgiving and they turned out wonderful!
Old 09-25-2006, 10:50 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

I'm interested in this as well. Just because I want to do a circus train party and I want everything to match. I would think it would be okay to stamp on the "border" if you got plates with a lip. But, if it doesn't work I'm probably going to use zoo pals - they are pretty cheap.
http://oolalasparkle.blogspot.com/
Old 09-25-2006, 10:53 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I stamped on napkins and plain cups for my son's birthday party. I used the Ahoy Matey stamp (his party was a pirate theme). I made a homemade cake that looked like a treasure chest and stamped on lunch bags that served as decorations for the various tables. Everyone said it looked great. Hope this helps!
Old 09-25-2006, 10:54 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I would think you could use the kids inks to stamp on a non-coated paper plate (not a Dixie type plate, which has a coating on it). The kids inks are non toxic, right?

How about going to a Dollar Tree and getting supplies there for cheap? I did that for a party recently and they had quite a good selection.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2006, 11:42 AM   #6  
Inking Addict

As much as I wish it were okay to do so, I think it's probably not a good idea. Even if something is non-toxic, i.e., in this case the ink, it doesn't seem to me like you really want to encourage possible ingestion of it. KWIM? Perhaps you could consider stamping on the BOTTOM of the plates and then stack them upside down if doing a buffet or if setting the actual place, flip them upside down. You wouldn't get to enjoy the image when you're actually eating off of them, but it could still be a way to use it in your decorating. Also, I like the idea of stamping on the napkins. Just curious, what's the theme?
Old 09-25-2006, 01:45 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

thanks so much for all your responses... my theme is going to be just kinda girly and butterlies and flowers i think. i'm going to attempt to make the cake and found instructions for one that looks pretty easy to do. i think that i will hold off on stamping the plates and go with the napkin idea.... the thought of someone's icecream or cake turning the color of the ink doesn't sound like something i need to deal with at her party. i'm going to head to wally world to see what else i can come up with to add to it
Isaiah 40:31
check this!
Old 09-25-2006, 02:03 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

If you really wanted to stamp the paper plates, you could always use them as a charger plate and put a clear glass (or plastic) plate over the stamped paper ones. I've also seen glass plates stamped on the backside so the ink is not touching the food, but you can still see the design through the plate. Sounds like a lot of work to me!

Wild Rose Stamper blog
SCS gallery