Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Can someone tell me more about the home decor stuff? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/can-someone-tell-me-more-about-home-decor-stuff-274296/)

a_place_for_ink 08-01-2007 10:13 PM

Can someone tell me more about the home decor stuff?

I just read a couple of posts about Shelli's presentation which included home decor themes. That is something that I have always wanted to move toward. Are we talking about things like Southern Living catalog or were these things that you would make to decorate your home with stamps and the like?

I am very excited for either -- I just love interior decorating and design! Did anyone catch pictures of any of this also?

Thanks!

stampwithdiane 08-01-2007 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a_place_for_ink (Post 6717901)
I just read a couple of posts about Shelli's presentation which included home decor themes. That is something that I have always wanted to move toward. Are we talking about things like Southern Living catalog or were these things that you would make to decorate your home with stamps and the like?

I am very excited for either -- I just love interior decorating and design! Did anyone catch pictures of any of this also?

Thanks!

I posted pictures of 3 of the 5 displays on my blog: http://stampwithdiane.blogspot.com/2...tampin-up.html

HTH

FLMommyof2 08-02-2007 03:03 AM

Thank you so much for sharing your photos. Do you think any of these ideas and their instructions will be posted for those of us who don't have the funds to attend Convention but would sure like to demonstrate them for our customers? I know it's a perk of going, but I think I could really sell this kind of thing! As a single mom of 2 elementary schoolers who lives way over here in Florida, Convention is just something that will never happen for me. (I did attend Regionals here in Tampa, but there was nothing this spectacular shown there. ) Thanks again for sharing!

cheris 08-02-2007 04:21 AM

I have some pictures on my blog too. It was my favorite session at convention.

sluman 08-02-2007 04:59 AM

I posted all the home decor displays in the Convention gallery:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/....php?cat=10998

mommystamps 08-02-2007 08:04 AM

Just make sure you have alot of seasonal DP and save your Pringles and other containers! Ugh...I'm already hoarding some. Just what I need! I LOVE the idea of decorating my house without spending $ on objects at stores. I came home from convention to see a container of Pringles! (I never buy them, so what a "nice surprise.")
All I have to do is fork over $ on lots of DP now!

it'smefaith 08-02-2007 08:37 AM

:D :D :D Thank You Everyone for posting pictures!!! I have lived for this day!!! LOL..LOL I just love the idea (and getting more ideas) on the decorating of "everything" using our stamps... :D I am one Happy Camper here!!!

Faith

willosmama 08-02-2007 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommystamps (Post 6721145)
Just make sure you have alot of seasonal DP and save your Pringles and other containers! Ugh...I'm already hoarding some. Just what I need! I LOVE the idea of decorating my house without spending $ on objects at stores. I came home from convention to see a container of Pringles! (I never buy them, so what a "nice surprise.")

um, could you elaborate????

belindaking 08-02-2007 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommystamps (Post 6721145)

Check this photo:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...8274?cat=10998

The tall cylinder covered in polka-dot paper with shredded crimped cardstock coming out the top (Shelli said her grandkids call it the "Halloween firecracker") is a covered pringles can! She used other food containers in her displays as well. :)

The tall cylinder in the photo is a pringles can, too:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...8260?cat=10998

arcopes 08-02-2007 02:13 PM

All those ideas are amazing, but boy is that a lot of DP!!! I'd better start hording now!!!

stampwithdiane 08-02-2007 02:52 PM

This would actually be a good use of the new wrapping paper -- not as paper that will be torn off and thrown away, but as decorative cover for all those different containers. My husband gets a Harry and David tower every Christmas and those boxes would be perfect wrapped up in our gorgeous papers and put out as decrations!

MSBetsyZ 08-02-2007 04:24 PM

Oh, for sure! I wouldn't use that gorgeous wrapping paper just to have it torn off! OK, maybe for one or two, lol, as long as they sit out towards the front of the tree! The pringles cans are great to pair with a set of the wine bottle containers.

Roxi4Stamps 08-02-2007 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belindaking (Post 6721793)
Check this photo:

The tall cylinder covered in polka-dot paper with shredded crimped cardstock coming out the top (Shelli said her grandkids call it the "Halloween firecracker") is a covered pringles can! She used other food containers in her displays as well. :)

The plastic Crystal Light containers work well also ( the ones that hold either 4 or 8 tubs)- I have many of these "altered"

ast 08-03-2007 07:14 AM

Do you think SU will post these pictures and project sheets so we all can have SU as part of our holiday season? I would love to see how she made the ornaments on the Halloween tree.

darnly 08-03-2007 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ast (Post 6731779)
Do you think SU will post these pictures and project sheets so we all can have SU as part of our holiday season? I would love to see how she made the ornaments on the Halloween tree.

Simple--She used the Batty for You stamp set. Stamped in black; cut out with 1 1/4 circle and put on 1 3/8 circles in black and orange or pumpkin pie.
You can use dimentionals to give them depth.
They are hung with the black gingham ribbon. She said the Halloween stuff was the easiest of all the groupings.
You can see them pretty close in some of the picture posted.
Darnly
It really was cute. I'm not a Halloween person but I'm going to do this arrangement for a open house in a few weeks just to show my gals who LOVE Halloween how striking it is. I will schedule a stamp camp to make some of the things so they can have it too. Each will buy a pack of the Creepy Crawly Designer paper and the stamp set Batty for You plus they will pay $15 for other supplies and the time.

jailbirdstamper 08-03-2007 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belindaking (Post 6721793)
Check this photo:

How did she make that crimped paper coming out of the top? I have a crimper..... then do I just cut them in small strips?

newstampinaddict 08-03-2007 12:01 PM

Definitely, you can just crimp the paper, cut into strips. You could also just crinkle the paper be moistening a little and wrinnkling it. Then cut it into strips. Also a great use for those really thin strips of leftover paper from projects....Use the top of the pringles can and cut a small hole in the center -- just stuff the crinkled or crimped paper in there.

stampamie 08-03-2007 12:02 PM

I have a question about the paper lantern-y looking things hanging from the black ribbon in the Halloween decos. Are they just purchased ones that were then embellished???

Thanks!
Amie

stampamie 08-03-2007 12:10 PM

Oooops, nevermind........... there are directions in the next forum down - Convention chatter, I think!!
They are hand made and VERY easy, so the girls say!!!

Inkalicious 08-03-2007 12:10 PM

Lantern Directions!

This is from Teastsamper in the lantern forum!

"Take 12 strips of 1x6 paper and stack them on top of each other. Punch holes at either end with your Cropodile. Knot a piece of ribbon and thread it through one end so the knot will show at the bottom of the lantern. Thread it through the other hole. Pull so you start getting a "U" shape with the papers. Knot the other end close to the lantern, but make sure you have enough extra ribbon on it so you can hang it. Then fan out the strips of paper to make the lantern.

here is gallery link- http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...8273?cat=10998

StampinMelis 08-03-2007 12:55 PM

Tandra --

"The lantern forum?" Things are getting awfully specific around here anymore... Are we going to have a nightlight forum too? ;)

Inkalicious 08-03-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinMelis (Post 6735018)
Tandra --

"The lantern forum?" Things are getting awfully specific around here anymore... Are we going to have a nightlight forum too? ;)

Bah-hahaha!!! Well, there IS the lightBULB forum!!!! lol

inkerzaway 08-04-2007 09:56 AM

I enjoyed seeing the Home Decor segment at convention but must confess that the first thing I thought of when Shelli was setting out the table runner and such was "that would drive me CRAZY!!!". I kept wanting to get up and go smooth it out....lol! However, it was a very clever segment and I know that a lot of my ladies would love this kind of thing. She used a Pringles can and also an empty Hot Chocolate container (shorter and wider) as well as other similar cans. I'm surprised that she didn't make a pencil cup with an empty green bean can and use the Cropadile to punch holes for the wire handle!!! lol! I only say that because the green bean can hot cocoa holder was my favorite project done at a long ago stamp camp put on by my sideline's group (they were kind enough to invite me, thanks Kristie and Kathy!....we decorated the can with cardstock and Espresso Yourself stamp set then put close to cocoa paper shreds in it and a cello bag with hot chocolate mix. Yes, seriously, I STILL have that can! Jan

it'smefaith 08-05-2007 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkerzaway (Post 6742926)
I enjoyed seeing the Home Decor segment at convention but must confess that the first thing I thought of when Shelli was setting out the table runner and such was "that would drive me CRAZY!!!". I kept wanting to get up and go smooth it out....lol!

I'm surprised that she didn't make a pencil cup with an empty green bean can and use the Cropadile to punch holes for the wire handle!!! lol! I only say that because the green bean can hot cocoa holder was my favorite project done at a long ago stamp camp put on by my sideline's group (they were kind enough to invite me, thanks Kristie and Kathy!....we decorated the can with cardstock and Espresso Yourself stamp set then put close to cocoa paper shreds in it and a cello bag with hot chocolate mix. Yes, seriously, I STILL have that can! Jan

LOL...LOL... Jan that is sooooo funny!!! On another note... If we look through crafts for kids books, it's amazing what we can "find" to adapt to stampin'.... I think I made the pencil cup in Brownies way back when and we used a nail to punch the hole for the wire handle in the "vase" we made for dried flowers...lol..lol..lol

making it fun!!
Faith

leggycountrygirl 08-08-2007 01:43 PM

lantern

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkalicious (Post 6734533)
This is from Teastsamper in the lantern forum!

"Take 12 strips of 1x6 paper and stack them on top of each other. Punch holes at either end with your Cropodile. Knot a piece of ribbon and thread it through one end so the knot will show at the bottom of the lantern. Thread it through the other hole. Pull so you start getting a "U" shape with the papers. Knot the other end close to the lantern, but make sure you have enough extra ribbon on it so you can hang it. Then fan out the strips of paper to make the lantern.

Dont forget to add the stamped batty for you circle at the bottom to hang down!
Gwen

leggycountrygirl 08-08-2007 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbirdstamper (Post 6734301)
How did she make that crimped paper coming out of the top? I have a crimper..... then do I just cut them in small strips?

Jaron recommended that you cut the strips first and them randomly run them through the crimper- I have done this and it works great! after all you dont want them all the same and they are easier to cut before they are crimped than after- have fun!
Gwen