Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-12-2006, 02:26 PM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anybody help??

*warning! This gets kinda long lol!*

I've been sitting on this for a while now and it's really starting to bug me.

I ordered from an online site over a month and a half ago (I'm not sure if I can name the site here - can I??) when they had a big special. It said if I ordered a certain $$ amount I would get free shipping (a BIG deal cuz shipping ain't cheap to Canada!!). Well at the checkout it still charged me.

This was no biggie as I had ordered from them before and when I inquired one of the owners of the site called me personally and we chatted and he said it would be fixed. Well my credit card was still charged the full amount and as of yet I have not received a refund for the shipping.

I have a copy of the e-mail sent to me saying that I would NOT have to pay shipping - I sent another e-mail a couple of weeks ago and never got a response - that in and of itself is strange as every other time I had a concern it was taken care of right away. I *just* sent another e-mail but I doubt anything will be done.

So anyway - is there anything I can do? Normally I would just let it drop especially if it were only a couple of $$ but I was charged over $30 for shipping!

I als owant other ppl to know to be wary but I dont' want to go against the TOS here and name the site - but I can post it I will. Thanx for any advice anyone can offer!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 02:48 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gee, I don't know Canada's laws. I would fight the charge with your credit card company (assuming those laws are similar in Canada). But, if you've already paid and they don't respond, I bet you are stuck!!

Hopefully a Mod will tell you if it is ok to post the name of the company. I posted a negative (but thoughtful!) review of a product on another board and the owner of the company emailed me directly suggesting ways for me to use the product and offering to replace it for free! His suggestions didn't work, but I eventually figured out on my own what I was doing wrong and went back on the site and gave my updated good review. He was most grateful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 02:50 PM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

If you get nowhere with the site itself, contact your credit card company ASAP.

I am also in Canada, and in retail sales. Your credit card company will, after reviewing all your documents, deduct that amount from the people who billed you and credit your account.

A refund such as the one you are describing should have been handled within 24 hours. Electronic refunds and sales are processed that quickly.

Good luck and don't feel bad about going to your credit card provider. That is what the service fees are there to cover.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 02:52 PM   #4  
Glitter Guru

See that's what I was thinking. I kept the e-mail saying that I wouldn't be charged (hoping it would come in handy!) - but I wonder if trying to use it to dispute the shipping charges is worth it? Ugh it's frustrating tho.

What's worse is I talked up this site a LOT on here and highly recommended them to everyone! My views on that sure have changed!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 02:53 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by raedeen
If you get nowhere with the site itself, contact your credit card company ASAP.

I am also in Canada, and in retail sales. Your credit card company will, after reviewing all your documents, deduct that amount from the people who billed you and credit your account.

A refund such as the one you are describing should have been handled within 24 hours. Electronic refunds and sales are processed that quickly.

Good luck and don't feel bad about going to your credit card provider. That is what the service fees are there to cover.
Thanx for the info! You pasted the same time as I did!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 02:57 PM   #6  
Glitter Guru

I checked on disputing the transaction w/ my cc company but since it's been over 30 days I don't think I'll get anywhere (my statements say I need to dispute w/in 30 days otherwise I've accepted the amounts charged).

That'll teach me for being so trusting!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 03:11 PM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Well then!! I just got a call from them - the charges have been refunded so I should see the refund on my statement in the next couple of days. The owner called and apologised and said he processed the refund right away! So it's all good (I just wish everything else would work itself out this quickly YKWIM?? )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 07:02 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

OH, I'm so glad this all worked out! I've been thinking about you and sending good resolution thoughts your way! I guess sometimes it just takes a little extra pressure (like knowing there could be a negative review on SCS) to get things moving. Good for you!
Reply With Quote Likes