Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Which came first - stamping or scrapping? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/came-first-stamping-scrapping-58738/)

hsmom71 06-11-2005 11:15 AM

Which came first - stamping or scrapping?

I became a scrapper before a stamper. My SIL are responsible for me becoming a scrapper. I ran into SU at a women's show.... that was all it took!

What came first with you?

Beachbound 06-11-2005 11:19 AM

Scrapper way before stamper! It was only recently that I put the two together. Like chocolate & peanutbutter- both good alone but together? oh yeah! ;)

Melissa 8791 06-11-2005 11:20 AM

I started as a scrapper. I was introduced to scrapping about 9 years ago at my sister's baby shower. Someone gave her decorated paper, scissors, etc. I couldn't image why my sis was so excited about "stupid" scissors. LOL. Then I got hooked. I was introduced to stamping a few years ago. Now I'm trying to merge the two together.

Melissa

ADK 06-11-2005 11:22 AM

Stamping first for me. I haven't yet started Scrapping yet, but i want to start!!!

mightymouse 06-11-2005 11:25 AM

Stamping was first for me too. I just started scrapping about 6 months ago because a friend wanted me too join a monthly club with her. I have a good time don't get much done but I get a lot of good ideas and everyone is so nice there and will share anything with you.

cjhill39 06-11-2005 11:31 AM

Scrapping came first for me... started about 5 years ago. Then I got invited to a SU party almost 2 years ago, and found another addiction!

Jennie's Mom, I like the chocolate & peanutbutter analogy...

LSN 06-11-2005 11:43 AM

I was a scrapper first, stamper second! Both are great by themselves and wonderful together!

hart2heart 06-11-2005 12:14 PM

Scrapper first, stamper next.

justampin 06-11-2005 12:18 PM

Tried to scrap first but I didn't really like it. I think I will try ^6x6 I think I won't find it as daunting.

Granny Hawkins 06-11-2005 12:31 PM

I started scrapping about 9 years ago. I told my SU demo that I would come to her party but it wasn't anything I would ever be interested in.

Here I sit with my "Demo" paperwork on the desk in front of me.

longtimestamper 06-11-2005 12:37 PM

I've been stamping since the dinosaur days. I'm just getting started with scrapping.

lou413 06-11-2005 12:38 PM

Stamping. I fought scrapping tooth and nail, but finally did my first 6x6 for Mother's Day.

L

suchaladie 06-12-2005 01:09 PM

Stamping! I started stamping 5 years ago and have been scrapping for 3 years. I just have a hard time trying to combine the two. But I enjoy doing both! :)

scrapchic21 06-12-2005 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suchaladie
Stamping! I started stamping 5 years ago and have been scrapping for 3 years. I just have a hard time trying to combine the two. But I enjoy doing both! :)

I started scrapping 6 years ago and just started stampin 1 year ago. I too can't seem to tie the two together yet. I have yet to use any of my stamps in my scrapbook.

Felicia

danssister 06-12-2005 01:19 PM

Scrappin' here first, too. But about 6 months later, the stamps came, and have never left!!! http://forums.splitcoaststampers.com...cons/icon7.gif

lmstamper 06-12-2005 01:37 PM

Stamping for me! I haven't started scrapbooking yet, but maybe one day.

kfamilystamper 06-12-2005 02:09 PM

Stamping first, then scrappin' for me. I, too, fought the scrappin' for a long time...but I'm glad I finally gave in, it gives me another excuse not to have to clean the house! ;)

KarenInKali 06-12-2005 03:26 PM

I got the urge to start both about the same time, and saw the potential for stamping in my albums from the very beginning. However, both got put on hold for a while and when I finally did get started, it was stamping first, still with the idea of starting with cards but wanting to use the stamps in my albums. It took a while to finally get my scrapping started. Now I just wish I had time - I don't get much of either one done anymore.

LotRFan 06-12-2005 03:50 PM

I started stamping first, went to a scrap party, and said I would NEVER do that! Two years after I said that I started scrapping and can't stop. I've finished about 10 albums now. :)

anniem888 06-12-2005 03:53 PM

stamping is still my first love.

Sairabee 06-12-2005 04:33 PM

I started stamping about a year or two before I started scrapping. I don't do much stamping on my scrapbook pages tho - not sure why? I've only done one page with stamps!

stampysister 06-12-2005 04:53 PM

Stamping first-- and book binding with calligraphy (that all started about 1991. I started scrapping 3 years ago when daughter was born. Scrapping is now what I do and cardmaking now is rare. Still love bookbinding but I never practice my calligraphy.

CardFanatic 06-12-2005 05:01 PM

Scrapping first with Creative Memories. I was even a consultant until I went on bedrest with my second son (stillborn). I dropped all hobbies for quite awhile. I met stampers and joined a group at my new job almost two years ago. I was just making cards first, but now I'm using them in my scrapbook, too. I'm about half CM and half SU in my scrapping, now.

kristransue 06-12-2005 06:12 PM

It was simultaneous! I wanted to get into scrapping, but my SIL was into CM and I knew I couldn't compete with her, didn't want to have to compare myself to her is more appropriate. When a friend who was a demo had me over for a workshop I realized that I could scrap this way without having to compare myself, and now I am doing more cards than scrapbooking. Boy, talk about run on sentences!

TNstampgirl 06-12-2005 06:30 PM

I scrapped first. I got a neat alphabet set from a scrapbook store.

Then it was like this.....
Hummmm...I need a b-day card for my bro. I've got some alpha stamps and blue paper.....WAIT... I need a birthday stamp...OMG everyone loves my card.

I'm hooked, but everyone expects a homemade card for EVERY occasion now! I am so blessed!

Kewl post, btw!

cuccicoo1002 06-12-2005 06:33 PM

I scrapped first...in fact, was a consultant with CM...went to a friend's stamping ws and was HOOKED! I gave up being a consultant with CM, and sigend up to be a demo with SU, and I'm LOVIN' IT!!!!