Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Calling all scrappers.... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/calling-all-scrappers-79701/)

luvtostampstampstamp 08-20-2005 08:02 AM

Calling all scrappers....

I'm wondering what sites your find inspiration on and where some great forums are? I love it here, but we are mainly stamping related! I know most of us are dual-hobby-ists so I thought I would ask where you go for scrapping creations?

I just discovered Simple Scrapbooks magazine! Very clean, classic pages! Can't wait to try some of the LO's!

Thanks!

photocropper 08-20-2005 08:12 AM

HI Rebekah!!

I often go to the Creating Keepsakes website and check out Becky's sketches....I have not gotten around to scrapbooking in a long time but I love Becky's layout ideas. I also subscribe to the magazine (which I will not renew when the time comes because there are so many online sources that I can get for free and I do not need more magazines laying around - flylady is teaching me something!)

I had a ton of sites bookmarked but the computer died and I lost them but I do know that Creative Memories has some ideas on their website www.creativememories.com
And www.twopeasinabucket.com has a ton of ideas as well........

I can not wait to see what you create!!

luvtostampstampstamp 08-20-2005 08:17 AM

Thanks Shelley! I'm looking forward to it...just switched my DD's school book to 12X12... hadn't started yet, but did a page yesterday in an Archiver's class that made me think twice about the size! I will keep the 8X8 size for my themed books...birthday, sisters, trips, etc!

photocropper 08-20-2005 08:26 AM

Rebekah - most everything I do is 12x12 - except for the grandparents albums and they are 8 1/2 x 11 now (did a 7x7 for them first and need to move up since I have 2 kids now;)

I like 12x12 because I take so many pictures and can fit a lot in on those size pages -

BUT I would not change an album over unless the products/album you used are not safe.....that is just to much work - I would just make the next one larger if space is an issue.

I have always had a hard time coming up with ideas for pages until I worked with my friend and found out how she got so much accomplished. She does the CM power layouts and groups her photos for each page together then goes to the CM idea books for ideas - they have idea sheets called "Page Patterns". After seeing how she did things I started doing that and I can accomplish so much more that way. If you stick to one or two sources for ideas then you can accomplish more - in my opinion. If I have a ton of ideas and sources of ideas I tend to get overwhelmed!!

Cat 08-20-2005 08:49 AM

I agree with Shelley and LOVE Becky's sketches. I think a lot of crafters shy away from scrapbooking because so many ideas (available in magazines, etc.) are extremely complicated. They get away from what I consider to be the REASON for scrapbooking; getting pictures organized in a way that generations will be able to enjoy them.

I'm not knocking the beautiful, single-photo layouts I see. They just aren't for me. I have too many pictures to spend hours on just one photo. I spend more time than some friends on my books but not because they are elaborate, just because I'm anal! :)

Check out Dmarie for ideas too. They have TONS.

SilverDragoness 08-20-2005 10:13 AM

Scrapping Websites

http://www.scrappertalk.com/scrapboa...php?board_id=0
Is where I used to go for scrapping stuff. Lately it seems there is less scrapping stuff and more off topic but if you want a fast answer that seems to be the best board to go to. Another one that I've always enjoyed although I haven't been there for quite some time is www.idreamofscrapping.com it's a smaller board and the ladies there are very nice. The message board is called express your dreams and is broken into forums much like this one is.

jl_ladybug10 08-20-2005 02:05 PM

I primarily use Creative Memories products for scrapbooking and am growing to like scrapshare.com. It's still growing but I've found some good ideas/tips there.

klautrey 08-20-2005 04:26 PM

I go to this website for idea's:

www.scrapbook.com

cardsbyanita 08-20-2005 07:06 PM

I'm part of a yahoo group that anyone is welcome to join. See my signature line for the link.
:)Anita

CardFanatic 08-20-2005 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl_ladybug10
I primarily use Creative Memories products for scrapbooking and am growing to like scrapshare.com. It's still growing but I've found some good ideas/tips there.

Fiddlesticks! Their website isn't working. I'll try again, later.

bellamare 08-20-2005 08:55 PM

I love twopeasinabucket.com also. They also have the best pictures of scrap/stamp rooms. If you need idea's of how to decorate. Scrapbook.com is good also. The other one that you can go to is CreativeXpress.com. It is a online shopping and has ideas and a gallery.

lilorangemouse 08-20-2005 09:22 PM

The two I was going to recommend have already been mentioned: Creating Keepsakes - love the sketches and the technique tutorials - and twopeasinabucket. I started scrappin' when I got into stamping, so for me the two go hand in hand. I feel like a page is incomplete if I haven't stamped on it! So, I really love this site. In fact, I think I love it too much.

Joelyn 08-21-2005 04:59 AM

Rubber Angels.

jkstieber 08-21-2005 07:11 AM

I've also looked at:

dmarie.com

Julie