Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-04-2006, 08:20 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink American Heart Association

Can not wait until Aug. 15th to get this super set! All hearts(hey hey, v day!!) and for such a good cause.
Wish there was a set for ALS (Lou Gerhrigs Disease) as that is the most awufl disease that my otherwise healthy, fit, nutritionally smart mother died of. But, it is too obscure. Just remember to note this disease in your readings and give if you can. They think stem cell will someday be the answer... AT one point, my Mom wanted me to take her to China where they have some stem cell implants going on. Can you imagine???
She and I would be in a room and I would have to take care of her, no nurses. They would inject it, etc...and there would be a huge language barrier. Even though my husband does travel to the major cities in China, he said, we would probably die from contaminated food, or neglect....and not to go...
As an international traveler it is very different. You get a tiny room, but at least it is bigger than a drawer, and you are recognized as an American. He said, we would probably have been lost in the masses of people in the hospital, and never get anything we needed. So that was that....
Maybe someday!!. If there are embryos, that are being disposed of, why not use them? If you have a loved one who has died or is very ill, you certainly are for this.
I am sad about it too. But, it is the reality of life.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2006, 04:09 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Karen, I am so sorry for your loss. ALS is a horrible disease. I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you. I lost my brother to cancer two years ago ...

Trying to stay on topic .. I did order the stamp set - my husband is the president of the board of the local American Heart Association so I used that as my excuse ;-)
Love the set and am looking forward to playing with it. the cards in the gallery are inspiring.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2006, 06:07 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Sorry my thread got way off topic with my story (blah, blah, blah), the real point is the American Heart Association Set! It is so cute and will be great to have for love, Valentines Day, and to help out a wonderful cause.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2006, 06:33 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedgiemama
Sorry my thread got way off topic with my story (blah, blah, blah), the real point is the American Heart Association Set! It is so cute and will be great to have for love, Valentines Day, and to help out a wonderful cause.....

OH MY GOSH!! Please don't be sorry!! I hope I didn't make you feel badly for telling the story! How long ago did that happen? Sometimes you just have to get it out. For a long time, I felt I had to talk about my brother - I guess because I just couldn't believe that it REALLY happened, know what I mean?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2006, 06:40 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

A dear friend of ours is dying of ALS. It's tragic. My father died of a heart attack at age 60. Both these causes are very meaningful to me, and I'm so happy I could pre-order the AHA set! It will be here Monday, and I can't wait! I think it's great that SU takes on such wonderful causes (not that they can take them *all* on!). It gives me warm fuzzies. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 02:43 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Sorry to hear about your mother. I know how hard it is when you loose someone close. My 31 year son went to sleep one night a year ago May and never woke up. They said that it was Cardiac Arrhythmia. He was totally healthy, rarely ever sick and very active. The electrical system in his heart just went haywire and his heart went out of sync and stopped. You just never know when heart disease is going to affect you. There were no clues in my sons case. He was just here one day and gone the next. Apparently this is something that affects mostly men around his age but it can affect women also. Anything that we can do to help prevent others from going through the pain of losing a loved one too soon, we need to do. The American Heart Association is a great organization.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 02:59 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

I too would love to see a set for ALS. I love that SU is doing something about Heart & Stroke this year. And I love that they doing RMH ongoing. Maybe each year they will feature an new fundraising set like this heart one. Maybe if we all write them and suggest they raise money for ALS next year (because we love that they are doing Heart & Stroke this year), they will do it! Their address is on their website!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:17 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

I think this will be a very popular set. Yea!!! Great cause.

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/wynona
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2006, 03:52 PM   #9  
Glitter Guru

I am looking forward to getting this set! I think it would be great to have a set benefiting a disease each year. There is heart disease in my family, and I know a wonderful man who is in the end stages of ALS. There are so many other diseases that would be nice to donate too as well! Just think--we can buy more stamps and not feel guilty for spending the $$!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes