Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-29-2005, 05:42 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C/S dilemma

I'm somewhat new to SU and retirement issues. In April I got a whole set of markers. Wish I had known they were going to change the colors, I would have waited. But I have them and now wondering should I order c/s for the colors that are changing/retiring? What do you all do? I have not used them enough to know which colors I will use a lot. Should I just wait for the new colors? Thanks for any help.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2005, 05:57 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm somewhat new too, but I only had a couple of the inks that are retiring. I ordered the markers, reinkers and matching cs for the 2 colors I have. If you don't want to order the matching CS you could always try to selling the retiring markers on E-bay?! Just an idea. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2005, 06:12 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

Martha-
Hi there! You can get the retiring color cardstocks if you want to, but remember that your retiring markers will still coordinate, compliment or contrast with colors that are NOT retiring. They may even still look good with the new colors! Hope this helps. Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2005, 06:18 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

I remember being a bit miffed 4 or so years ago when SU changed colors as I had just augmented my color selection. I agree with Elsee. Your markers will always coordinate with other things, but I suggest you think about the colors you tend to like in general--like in your house/or clothes. If any of those similar colors are retiring you may want to consider nabbing that c/s.

Annette
http://stamponthis.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2005, 08:17 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I am pretty much in the same position. I say if there's a color you really love and want to do some projects in that color, buy the paper.

I just bought a huge package of cardstock which contains 20 12x12 sheets of something extremely close to Mint Melody and, even though it's not SU! quality, it will do. (Yeah, yeah, a lot of people hate that color. I love it.) I am purchasing at least one package of Bliss Blue in June. I'm sure the new blue is great, but I absolutely love Bliss Blue and will miss it. I have the jumbo wheel ink cartridge in that color and just about everything else that's made in Bliss Blue. All my other colors I'm going to not worry about (although I am purchasing reinkers for all of my retiring colors - and an extra of Bliss Blue).

I used to do tons & tons of card swaps and had to keep up on everything. I had to give that up, so it doesn't matter to anyone that my colors are retired.

Gay Howe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2005, 08:52 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

If there is a retiring color you love and know you will use, I say order it! As a demo, I have the new colors, and though some will definitely coordinate with the older ones, colors like Mint Melody has nothing similar in the new colors. But if you aren't sure you'll use the old colors, I'd wait and go with the new!

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." ~ Scott Adams
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2005, 09:14 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Unless there is a particular retiring color that you LOVE, I wouldn't buy any of it. You won't want to demo it, for one thing, and why bother getting attached to colors that you can't get more of? Get excited about the new colors instead!

That being said, I bought a bunch of Marvelous Magenta because I love it.

Reply With Quote Likes