Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-16-2007, 09:22 AM   #41  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Lightbulb

If you have any watercolor crayons or pencils that come in a Metal box.

Make sure you place some bubble wrap on the inside so that it gives some cushion so they won't break.

I have been doing this with mine since I take mine camping with me.

None of them have broke yet.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-31-2007, 04:47 AM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you everyone for your advice! My house just sold over Memrial Day weekend, so now the work for me begins. Since I am paying for the move myself, I have decided to go with a "U Pack We Move" concept - after getting moving quotes, I just can;t stand the thought of giving away such a large chunk of my profit to the movers (well, what is left after the realtors and the state take their shares!). It will be about 1/3 of the cost, even hiring movers at each end of the move to load and unload the truck, and I can replace an awful lot of stuff with the $ I'll save, if needed.

I am just a hobby demo, so I don't get too many Stampin' Up boxes, although I really like that idea! Since I need to make an inventory list for insurance purposes anyway, I think what I will do is make a list of the items that go into each box, number and label the boxes, and have a master list of the boxes and what rooms they should go into at the new location.

I have a stamp cabinet that stores my non-SU stamps. I really like the idea of the pizza boxes, so I will be taking the stamps out of the cabinet and packing them in the pizza boxes for the move.

Per other excellent recommendations, I will be taping everything under the sun shut with painter's tape, and bagging things as well.

I like the suggestion to use paper ream boxes for the paper - I will collect some of those from work and do that as well.

I do have quite a few plastic carts, so I will be taping and bagging items in the drawers as needed, stuffing the extra space in them with paper, and then saran wrapping them.

I am getting excited about the move, and can't wait to set up my new stamp room. There is an Ikea in Austin, so I already have plans for the new furniture and storage items I want to buy for it.

One more question.... I will be moving at the beginning of August - probably the hottest time of the year in Austin - other than candles, what other items should I be concerned about packing because of the heat? Do you think things like embossing powders or stamps would be affected, packed up in a hot truck for a week?

Thanks again for all of your suggestions!
Kristi

{My Gallery}
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-31-2007, 05:27 AM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksaegerView Post
One more question.... I will be moving at the beginning of August - probably the hottest time of the year in Austin - other than candles, what other items should I be concerned about packing because of the heat? Do you think things like embossing powders or stamps would be affected, packed up in a hot truck for a week?
Well.... your stamps could come unglued from the wood blocks. Kind of like microwaving them for 10 seconds will do this too. I guess it depends on how hot the truck gets. Is there any way you could take the stamps in your vehicle or ship them somewhere?

Kimberly
Old 05-31-2007, 05:28 AM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh! And congratulations on selling your house!!!

Kimberly