Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Broken cameo=broken heart (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/broken-cameo%3Dbroken-heart-607131/)

AndreaSheldon1 01-29-2016 07:07 PM

Broken cameo=broken heart

I am so bummed! For some reason, my cameo has decided to not turn on. Nothing. Nada. Haven't dropped it, slammed it, moved it or even talked ugly to it. It just quit. Any advice??

(My husband went to buy me a new one until he saw the price)

harvestmoon 01-29-2016 08:05 PM

I'm sure you have plugged it into another outlet by now.
Whenever I have a run-in with an electrical device, it has usually been a fuse within the item. I didn't even know that shop-vac had a fuse, so I sold my almost-new one at a garage sale for $3.00. The man came back the next year and told me it was "only a fuse".
Contact the manufacturer who may supply trouble-shooting information for you.

Crafter 4 Life 01-30-2016 07:14 AM

Cameo on sale on Amazon

Got an email from Amazon. There s a 1-day sale on the Cameo Silhouette Starter Bundle for $179.99. Don't know what this is but it is in the 'homewoot' section.

scrappy knitter 01-30-2016 09:25 AM

from Silhouette page

I felt so bad when I read your message! This is from silhouetteamerica.com

Issue Description
There is no power to the Silhouette unit when attempting to power on the Silhouette.

Cause
The following concerns may cause the Silhouette to not power on properly:

The power cord is not plugged into a power outlet
The input that plugs into the Silhouette unit is not firmly connected
The power cord is plugged into a power strip, but the power strip is not turned on
The AC adapter is not plugged firmly into the power cord (the connection between the two cord parts)
There is a concern with the power outlet in use
The AC adapter and/or power cord has a fault
The Silhouette unit has an internal fault
Resolution
Please attempt the following in order to troubleshoot and find the source of the concern:

Check the connections from the Silhouette to the power outlet making sure that the power cord is plugged firmly into the power outlet and that the input that plugs into the Silhouette unit is firmly connected
If using a power strip, ensure that the power strip is powered on
Plug in the power cord to an alternate power source in order to ensure the concern is not specific to the outlet in use
Disconnect the power cord and AC adapter from the Silhouette and then remove the power cord (part with the plug) from the AC adapter (the part with the box that plugs into the Silhouette machine itself), and then plug them back together ensuring they are fully and securely connected

Good luck!

Scrapjanny 01-30-2016 09:30 AM

I was going to suggest a new power cable and trying another outlet.

buggainok 01-30-2016 09:42 AM

Good suggestions about power problems. I had an issue with my cable modem and computer. I was trouble shooting on the phone, and we couldn't get it to work. The tech finally suggested that I get a new power strip. I got one at Walmart, and wow, everything worked just fine.

kazooMI 01-30-2016 02:03 PM

try a new power supply. It might have gone bad

AndreaSheldon1 01-30-2016 02:59 PM

Thanks y'all. They are sending me a new power adapter. Sadly, I tried using the one from my daughters cameo and it didn't work either but you never know. Fingers crossed!!!

Makalah 01-30-2016 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafter 4 Life (Post 21166066)
Got an email from Amazon. There s a 1-day sale on the Cameo Silhouette Starter Bundle for $179.99. Don't know what this is but it is in the 'homewoot' section.

It was a woot.com deal, but is sold out now. :(

Barbara Jay 01-30-2016 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndreaSheldon1 (Post 21166325)
Thanks y'all. They are sending me a new power adapter. Sadly, I tried using the one from my daughters cameo and it didn't work either but you never know. Fingers crossed!!!

Shortly after I got my Cameo I found out they had some bad adapters from China. They sent a new one no charge , but I had to request a replacement and there were specific codes on the back of the bad ones. Maybe yours was one of the bad ones.
They never sent a message to alert us to check our adapters to see if we had one of the bad ones .

Also I found out that a power strip/ surge protector can have individual outlets go bad even though the light is on and some other outlets are working.

Have you tried to Unplug and disconnect everything and plug it back to different outlets try to reboot it to start .

Do you use a hub? Sometimes those can go bad too .

Don't give up. They may be a solution to fixing your machine .

Good Luck