Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   blogs? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/blogs-300116/)

daiseyfreak 11-11-2007 06:43 PM

blogs?

How do people start blogs, do they cost money? I am totally NOT computer literate.....

craftdesigns 11-11-2007 06:49 PM

Go to www.blogspot.com and start clicking! There are other blog sites, but I find this one super easy...and free.

emmiestamps 11-11-2007 07:20 PM

Ditto on what Nancy said!

indyemmert 11-11-2007 07:23 PM

I was looking at someone else's blog, and I just clicked on Create Blog up in the corner. It was way easier than I thought, and I'm having lots of fun with it!

wiggydl 11-11-2007 08:45 PM

it is so easy!! and fun!! go for it!!

Inkalicious 11-11-2007 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indyemmert (Post 7687421)
I was looking at someone else's blog, and I just clicked on Create Blog up in the corner. It was way easier than I thought, and I'm having lots of fun with it!

What she said!!
So easy, I am also not so computer-savvy. But Blogspot is so basic and step by step. DO IT!!!!

Jessica'sMom 11-12-2007 03:44 AM

I have Blogspot, too. It couldn't be easier. I didn't have a clue what I was doing and just followed the prompts and was fine. Let me give you fair warning though: VERY, VERY addicting!

3boysstampin' 11-12-2007 03:45 AM

Check out typepad too, but it does cost ($4.95/mo). Once you get going, you'll be glad you did. Plus it motivates you to stamp more so you can post (at least for me it does!). Make sure you post your link once you are up and running.

tdodd00 11-12-2007 04:08 AM

Quote:

Well, I just went to YOUR blog and clicked on "Create Blog" and nothing happened. This is how "blog challenged" I am.

Colleen Schaan 11-12-2007 05:44 AM

I agree with blogspot or typad. (there are others too, some cost money and some are free.) It is totally addictive and lots of fun...and you don't need to be a computer geek to be able to do one. If you start one, make sure you send Michelle Laycock an email and join the splitcoastbloggers...it helps get your name out there.

putri 11-12-2007 05:54 AM

Another good one is wordpress.com. I develop websites and have set up many blogs for faculty members and offices where I work. I've used them all. The two great free ones are blogger/blogspot, and wordpress. Typepad is great but you do have to pay.

I have the installed version of Wordpress and I love it. I have control over it, can make my own template, add more plug-ins, etc. If any of you out there are more computer savvy or have a husband that is, I highly recommend this option.

Blogging is fun and quick.

SUMaryEllen 11-12-2007 06:23 AM

I use wordpress and love it. It is easy to use.

JulieHRR 11-12-2007 12:22 PM

I use Typepad. I pay for "pro" level, they have great online help system and personal support when needed. I *heart* Typepad! :mrgreen:

countrycrafter 11-12-2007 12:39 PM

Just setting up my blog and have ???

What are some of the rules...blog etiqute? Do you need permission to link other favs. I started adding them, but should I??? Also, heard the watermark info is on splitcoast somewhere...anyone out there that can help?
Beth

my blog: StampingFunAddict.blogspot.com

JulieHRR 11-12-2007 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countrycrafter (Post 7692888)
Just setting up my blog and have ???

What are some of the rules...blog etiqute? Do you need permission to link other favs. I started adding them, but should I??? Also, heard the watermark info is on splitcoast somewhere...anyone out there that can help?
Beth

my blog: StampingFunAddict.blogspot.com

Blog etiquette seems to be evolving on this. Most don't seem to mind if you include their link in your blogroll without asking first, but, I try to always follow up with an email, to let them know that I have, and will gladly remove it, if they prefer I not list them

Some blogs, like mine, include an open invitation, i.e. "Add me to your Typepad People List", and in that case it's perfectly fine to add them on, of course.

There are many watermark threads, but, this one will probably most directly help you out. ;) http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...w+to+watermark

HTH,

RachelAM 11-12-2007 12:52 PM

blogspot

I just started a blog on blogspot.com this weekend, and it's not very hard to do. I just played around with it until I got it to look right. You can edit and delete anything that you don't like on your page. I just had to try things to figure out how it worked. Actually, I'm still trying different things to see how they work!

countrycrafter 11-12-2007 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR (Post 7692957)
Blog etiquette seems to be evolving on this. Most don't seem to mind if you include their link in your blogroll without asking first, but, I try to always follow up with an email, to let them know that I have, and will gladly remove it, if they prefer I not list them

Some blogs, like mine, include an open invitation, i.e. "Add me to your Typepad People List", and in that case it's perfectly fine to add them on, of course.

There are many watermark threads, but, this one will probably most directly help you out. ;) http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...w+to+watermark

HTH,

Julie:

Thanks so much for the info! Love all the blog links, everyone!!! This is great, now I will have more blogs to explore while my hubby watches his favorite outdoor channel program this evening :wink:
Beth

StampinHay79 11-12-2007 01:17 PM

I love blogspot!

jenpeel 11-12-2007 01:22 PM

I also have a vote for typepad!!