Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-12-2007, 08:23 AM   #41  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

I can't answer for anyone else, but, like Jenn and Beate, a very high portion of my day (and weekends) here on SCS is spent on communications, and a lot of behind-the-scenes work.

My primary function here on SCS is the coordination of *everything* related to the Dirty Dozen--much of which is never actually seen, LOL!-- and, I receive a lot of communiques that actually have nothing to do with those tasks; I answer those to the best of my ability and time constraints.

I think that anyone whose work involves communications, can very much relate to how time-consuming it actually is?

I make sure that my work-related tasks and communiques, take highest priority. Then, there's caring for, and spending time with, my family . . .

So, sometimes, being human, I miss or forget to answer a few questions that are related to my personal blog . . .
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-12-2007, 10:53 AM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm going to go on record and say that I completely agree with Amy and Julie. And I guess I should add my 2 cents worth. (Well, maybe I *shouldn't* but I'm going to anyway )

I try as hard as I can to post comments and answer questions to comments, emails and PMs that I receive. I'm sure I don't get quite as many as others, but I do get them. Sometimes I'm slow at responding to them (as Claudia knows), but I do *try* my best. I would never, ever consider myself a blogging celebrity but I *do* understand the massive amount of time that it takes to post. (And to add to that, just in the time that its taken to post this little bit...I've kissed 2 boo-boos, changed 1 diaper, fed my kids snack, and broken up one fight.)

All that being said...I think people forget that bloggers are just regular people...with regular lives! AND it's unfair to *expect* them (the celebs) to *live* on the computer...I mean they'd never stamp anything, and then what would we do?? LOL!

As for me, I started my blog for *me*. It's a place where I can blab about what I've made and sometimes how I did it. It's nice to have a voice (whether heard or not) outside of being a mom, wife, teacher, etc. Yes, comments are super *sweet* (and I appreciate anyone who takes the time to do so) but they're not the reason that I blog, KWIM??

I hope that I'm not sounding high and mighty or anything because that's not my intention at all. *nervous giggle* I just felt that *I* needed to say it.

Oh, and just a little shout out to Claudia, hey girl!
Old 03-13-2007, 08:32 PM   #43  
Kookie Creator

I am a blogger and it isn't always possible to respond to people directly because they don't link an email with their comment. Therefore, I take the time to do a "mail call" and answer questions as a group when it's not possible to answer questions privately.

I have found that I spend less time posting my cards to SCS because I have been having troubles with their service being slow and can't get the gallery to load for me or whatever problem might be occuring at the time. Maybe it's just my computer...I don't know but it's been hard for me to upload as of lately. However, I do regularly comment on other gallery cards and the forums occassionally. I do appreciate all that SCS has provided and continues to provide to the stampin community.

I started my blog as a way to motivate myself to use my stamps more often. It was kind of a challenge to myself and if others were interested in seeing my creations and reading about my not so exciting life great...if not no big deal....the blog is for me and I am in no competition for comments, views, emails or PMs.

I am also an avid blog reader....it's almost like watching a soap opera every day. Some are 100% stamping related and others just draw you in with their day to day life and accomplishments...highs and lows...and sprinkle it with stamping. (Thank God Sarah Vrolyk blogged about Google Reader because it saves soooo much time.)

So after all of this... my question to the other bloggers out there is....if you are overwhelmed with comments, emails and PM's why do you ask for more and encourage people to comment and email you with questions and then complain it's too much work? Isn't that something you are bringing onto yourself by boasting how much you love the comments and ask people to keep 'em coming? I have always been baffled by that contradictory statment.

I am not going to out any particular blogger on this issue because I have seen it often on many blogs and don't understand the contradiction. If you open the door and toss out an invitation expect people to respond and ring your bell for help. Not a great analogy but I guess my point is don't ask for it if you don't want the attention. KWIM?

Alrighty, I am not intending to start anything here but I just thought I would throw my two cents in as well....for what it is worth. Maybe I am the only one here that sees this happen...???
Old 03-13-2007, 08:39 PM   #44  
Kookie Creator

[QUOTE=StampinSweetie]

As for me, I started my blog for *me*. It's a place where I can blab about what I've made and sometimes how I did it. It's nice to have a voice (whether heard or not) outside of being a mom, wife, teacher, etc. Yes, comments are super *sweet* (and I appreciate anyone who takes the time to do so) but they're not the reason that I blog, KWIM??
QUOTE]

Yes, and I totally agree! I do feel like a few blog for the attention but for the most part....it's really a place for the blogger to escape and babble on about stamping and whatever else is going on in life. If someone is interested in reading great....if not.... no big deal cause it's for me (and my friend Beth that visits 30 times a day...LOL...just kidding).

BTW, love your blog! You are in my favs.