Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   blender pens or aqua painter (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/blender-pens-aqua-painter-16916/)

rawbanana 11-17-2004 10:09 AM

blender pens or aqua painter

which would you recommend? I don't have many ink pads but will probably get some watercolor pencils and I will be getting markers (I'm in a marker club)....thanks!

Anna the newbie!

Jovi 11-17-2004 10:27 AM

Aqua painter....I use mine all the time and love it!

I have a blender pen and used it once, didn't like and never used since then!

sunshineb 11-17-2004 10:37 AM

I'd have to say Blender Pens. I like them lots better than the Aqua Painter.
Just my 2 cents,
Sunshine :D

sparklinbecks 11-17-2004 10:40 AM

I used to LOVE my blender pens, but I dont care for them as much anymore, I would say the aqua painter. Never have the problem of them going dry thats for sure!

tc82742 11-17-2004 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc82742
i got mine.. used it..and prefer the blender pen.. am i not using it right? i filled with water.. and paint the top of the pad where i have pooled up some ink by pressing down.. and paint.. it seems to tear the paper cause i have to go over it so much just for color to show. am i supposed to fill with water that already has a drop of reinker? would that make my colors a little more vibrant quicker?
i just put it down and picked up my trusty blender pen to finish my cards.

k.. i asked this earlier in another thread regarding aqua painters..
how do you make them so pretty? acutally i guess i should be asking the people who color in full bloom.. their cards always look great.. but my paper just seems to start tearing.

texasjodylynn 11-17-2004 10:45 AM

aquapainters are awesome

I would go with the aquapainter. They never run out of liquid! Blender pens seem to run dry quickly for me, so I have to keep buying new ones! JMO

GMAX 11-17-2004 11:27 AM

having both, I prefer the aqua-painters.

ajames 11-17-2004 11:34 AM

At first I too, I didn't like the Aqua painters. I love them now. For one, you can add water to them, press a few drops of ink on your ink pad lid and color in your image you stamped. The other thing you can do is add bleach in one, emboss your image and color it in with the bleach aqua painter. The effect is great.

So as you can tell I would recommend the Aqua Painter. They are awesome and very versatile. You can put water in one add a few drops of the ink refills and have instant paint to paint your image you stamp. See how awesome these pens are. YOU HAVE TO GET THEM!!

Technique_Freak 11-17-2004 11:43 AM

I've had an aqua painter for a couple years now - gift from a friend. I didn't really like it until Stampin' Up! came out with them and we used them at the Convention. YOu can really be very artistic with them as far as shading and blending.

My blender pens always get ruined at my workshops - people push too hard with the tips. My aqua painters are holding up really well.

I've heard you can fill them with Future Floor Wax and paint with pearl ex powders - projects are already sealed with the wax!!!

I have to recommend the Aqua Painters!

wrenchgirl 11-17-2004 11:46 AM

I LOVE THE AQUA PAINTERS! I use them every time I stamp now. I just can't get enough of them. I love them. Especially with In Full Bloom. I have even used them with my water color pencils, by just brushing the tips of the pencils and then painting. You could do the same thing with the markers, just brush the tips of them and paint away. I have even used them on tissue paper with out ripping. I couldn't do that with a brush. I love them!