Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Big Shot Parts. . . (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/big-shot-parts-626878/)

Goodly Creations 11-16-2018 01:50 PM

Big Shot Parts. . .

Aloha,
I just got off the phone with a wonderful Sizzix customer service lady. My BS is getting old and the bearings in the handle need to be replaced. In the past I have been able to get the parts from them. They now have a new policy that if the machine is over three years old, no more parts are shipped. . .
I called SU, because that's where I purchased the machine, they do not have the parts either. . .
I left feedback on the Sizzix web site and will be leaving feedback with SU also. I have would gladly pay for the parts but that wasn't an option through Sizzix. . .
Purchasing a new machine is ridiculous when a new part would be about $10, $15. . . The landfill doesn't need the BS as much as I do and purchasing a new $110 machine (give or take) is not really something I want to do when the rest of the machine is just fine!!
If you own a BS, maybe it would help if a number of us sent them the same feed back. . .

westiemom 11-16-2018 05:37 PM

How will I do this? Is there an email address? I am all about keeping things out of the landfill and repurposing so I understand exactly what you are saying. Plus Sizzix is well aware that those handle bearings go out.
Please let me know how to send some feedback.

Embri 11-16-2018 10:07 PM

*shakes head* What a stupid policy. Sure it might seem good in the short-term, 'if the machine wears out after three years they'll buy a new one', but you end up tanking your company's reputation in the process, not to mention contributing to unnecessary consumer waste. I use an original purple Spellbinders Wizard and the first model red press-style Sizzix. Both of them are at least ten years old and show no signs of slowing down. Disappointing to hear newer machines can't say the same.

Have you tried sourcing a bearing on your own? Most crafting machines use off-the-shelf parts where possible.

August29 11-17-2018 05:33 AM

I don't know about bearings in the handle but when the bearings in the roller part of my Big Shot went bad I was able to buy two standard bearings off of EBay for about 16.00. I found a video on You Tube on how to take apart the Big Shot and did the job with the help of my husband.

basketdiva 11-17-2018 07:07 AM

I know you want Sizzix to still offer the parts but in the mean time here is one ebay listing:

For The Sizzix Big Shot - Crank Handle Shaft Replacement Roller Bearings - Pair | eBay

Goodly Creations 11-17-2018 10:08 AM

Go to Sizzix web site to

Contact us. I just asked that they reconsider their policy. Noting that the landfill doesn't need the BS, I do. There wasn't a specific feedback button that I could find.

QUOTE=westiemom;21743769]How will I do this? Is there an email address? I am all about keeping things out of the landfill and repurposing so I understand exactly what you are saying. Plus Sizzix is well aware that those handle bearings go out.
Please let me know how to send some feedback.[/QUOTE]

Goodly Creations 11-17-2018 10:09 AM

My DH is going to

See if there are some available on line. He knows how cranky I can get without my machine. ;0).
Quote:

Originally Posted by Embri (Post 21743833)
*shakes head* What a stupid policy. Sure it might seem good in the short-term, 'if the machine wears out after three years they'll buy a new one', but you end up tanking your company's reputation in the process, not to mention contributing to unnecessary consumer waste. I use an original purple Spellbinders Wizard and the first model red press-style Sizzix. Both of them are at least ten years old and show no signs of slowing down. Disappointing to hear newer machines can't say the same.

Have you tried sourcing a bearing on your own? Most crafting machines use off-the-shelf parts where possible.

Goodly Creations 11-17-2018 10:10 AM

Thanks!

;0)

harvestmoon 11-26-2018 06:51 PM

"Cranky" LOL