Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Big Big Bucks for Wild Wild West (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/big-big-bucks-wild-wild-west-273315/)

Char Stockton 07-29-2007 09:03 PM

Big Big Bucks for Wild Wild West

I've been looking for Wild Wild West for some time now, (my DH and I have a horse ranch in Southern Arizona and I'd decided I needed to have it), so I watch e-bay faithfully for the stamp set (didn't have any luck on SCS - no one wants to part with it). Wild Wild West always goes for over $100. and I've seen it go as high as $200. but today was unbelievable, the set new and unmounted sold for $330.00. With prices like this you wonder why Stampin Up doesn't bring it out of retirement.

KelliJo 07-29-2007 09:11 PM

I can try someone I know that is a demo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Char Stockton (Post 6679041)
I've been looking for Wild Wild West for some time now, (my DH and I have a horse ranch in Southern Arizona and I'd decided I needed to have it), so I watch e-bay faithfully for the stamp set (didn't have any luck on SCS - no one wants to part with it). Wild Wild West always goes for over $100. and I've seen it go as high as $200. but today was unbelievable, the set new and unmounted sold for $330.00. With prices like this you wonder why Stampin Up doesn't bring it out of retirement.

I can ask her and see if she has it and if she's willing to part with it and get back to you! Have patience though as I work Graveyard and won't be onmy weekend until Tuesday, then I have to find 2 years ago catty to get her info...:rolleyes: I'll let you know! Kelli ps email is [email protected]

CelineeBeenie 07-29-2007 09:40 PM

If it's any consolation, I bought "Puck Play" from eBay for $50...I just had to have it. I use it all the time and am happy I bought it.
:)
C

stamp_momma 07-29-2007 10:05 PM

WowZA!! Used an image from this set today for the DTGD...I do now actually own the set for the 3rd time. I won't be selling this set again.

I agree patience, patience, patience...another thing to consider, stella stamper used to sell for big, big bucks, now you are lucky to get $25 for her. Good luck to you!

tdodd00 07-30-2007 04:43 AM

These kinds of threads make me wish I was an "investor" instead of a "stamper"...then you could just buy everything, wait a few years and turn around and sell it when it retires, lol!

Cynamom 07-30-2007 05:14 AM

It's such a weird psychology related to that, paying $100 for a stamp set (or more). I mean, you pay that, then you make a card and send it to someone. They love the card, but they'd have loved it as much if you used the stamp you paid $5 for. It's all about the buyer.... so funny! Me, I'd NEVER pay that. I've got loads of great stamps, some valuable but most not, that I'm totally happy with.

Suzy_H 07-30-2007 05:52 AM

I wonder how long rubber stamps last. That is my biggest worry when i pay so much into this hobby. I try not to think about it, but if I spent $300 I sure would lol.

dianerh 07-30-2007 05:58 AM

So...for $300+ do you then USE the stamps? I can't imagine paying that much!!! I'd be scared to use them! ;-)

SweetMissDaisy 07-30-2007 07:03 AM

WOW!! But I have to say that set's like GOLD, I tell ya... GOLD!

KelliJo 07-30-2007 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianerh (Post 6680837)
So...for $300+ do you then USE the stamps? I can't imagine paying that much!!! I'd be scared to use them! ;-)

I;d have to craft a frame and hang em on the wall! :mrgreen:

Mothermark 07-30-2007 04:15 PM

I am in search of it also. I went to a SU Garage sale of sorts where SU demos were selling old sets. I asked everyone there...no one had it and as I was walking away, one SU demo said to the other.....if you do have that one you better make sure you mark it way up......you could get good money for that one!

Hmmm......guess they knew what they were talking about!

stebwood79 07-30-2007 06:24 PM

I was one of the bidders on that ebay auction. I have been looking for that set for quite sometime, myself. Well, I didn't win the auction, and then today in my email I got this note:

Good news! The following eBay item on which you placed a bid for US $325.95 on Jul-29-07 17:08:22 PDT is now available for purchase:

Your price: US $325.95
Offer end date: Jul-30-07 18:45:23 PDT

Message from *******:
Hi, I talked to my friend, and she has one exactly like it unmounted, and she wants to sell it also, so I thought I would send ya a second chance offer!

Second Chance Offer

The seller, ****** is making this Second Chance Offer because the high bidder was either unable to complete the transaction or the seller has a duplicate item for sale.

The selling of this item through Second Chance Offer is in compliance with eBay policy; you will be able to exchange Feedback with the seller and will be eligible for all eBay services associated with a transaction, such as fraud protection.

I think that this person had a "partner" to help bid it up and now she wants me to pay what I said I was willing to pay in the original auction.
I was having a weak moment yesterday, and will not be paying that for anything smaller than a bread box today!.

lazydazy 07-30-2007 06:31 PM

$330 is crazy!!! I have never wanted a stamp set that bad.

This reminds me of those little tear bears they sell on ebay, some of them go for a whole lot more than I would even think of paying!

Mothermark 07-30-2007 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stebwood79 (Post 6688727)
I was one of the bidders on that ebay auction. I have been looking for that set for quite sometime, myself. Well, I didn't win the auction, and then today in my email I got this note:

Good news! The following eBay item on which you placed a bid for US $325.95 on Jul-29-07 17:08:22 PDT is now available for purchase:

Message from ******:
Hi, I talked to my friend, and she has one exactly like it unmounted, and she wants to sell it also, so I thought I would send ya a second chance offer!

Second Chance Offer

The seller,****** is making this Second Chance Offer because the high bidder was either unable to complete the transaction or the seller has a duplicate item for sale.

The selling of this item through Second Chance Offer is in compliance with eBay policy; you will be able to exchange Feedback with the seller and will be eligible for all eBay services associated with a transaction, such as fraud protection.

I think that this person had a "partner" to help bid it up and now she wants me to pay what I said I was willing to pay in the original auction.
I was having a weak moment yesterday, and will not be paying that for anything smaller than a bread box today!.

Don't mean to sound jerky here....but seems like it might be a scam to me. Don't cha wonder?

KelliJo 07-30-2007 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mothermark (Post 6690461)
Don't mean to sound jerky here....but seems like it might be a scam to me. Don't cha wonder?

I totally agree! You can easily have someone bid against the high bidder and then "happen" to have something go wrong to where you become the "lucky" winner! Don't fall for it girlfriend. I have been all over Craig's list asking for this one, lots of ads for SU! demos getting ready for convention wanting spending money! Keep your chin up! People here will help you out! Can't out craft the crafty! :twisted:

llevans 07-30-2007 08:09 PM

It will be interesting to see when if this seller relists on E-Bay since you aren't willing to pay the price. I think you are right about the shill bidding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stebwood79 (Post 6688727)

Message from ******:

Second Chance Offer

The seller, ****** is making this Second Chance Offer because the high bidder was either unable to complete the transaction or the seller has a duplicate item for sale.

stebwood79 07-30-2007 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llevans (Post 6690688)
It will be interesting to see when if this seller relists on E-Bay since you aren't willing to pay the price. I think you are right about the shill bidding.

And...I'm never going to do that again. I do not know what I was thinking! My husband warns me about this all the time. Whew!! I'm glad I am in more of my right mind. I'm pretty sure that this is a scam at work. :mad:

lisavengesta 07-30-2007 09:57 PM

i hate people who shill bid and it makes me laugh when it bites them in the behind *lol* good for you for standing your ground!

Momofoneson 07-31-2007 02:33 AM

Never buy into the over bid stuff. On ebay, put the maximum amount you will pay and then let it go. If you win, you win, if you don't, you can always try again. You almost got royally ripped. NO way any stamp set is worth that much unless it is coated in gold.

GreenDragonLady 07-31-2007 04:23 AM

Nothing to do with Wild West, but I just received a "second chance" for an item on which I bid a few days ago. The e-mail said that the high bidder fell through due to "security reasons" or not paying or something. I checked the high bidder's feedback, and the seller had given them a positive feedback for paying for that very same auction! Can you say "scam"?

ScrapNStampinMama 07-31-2007 04:29 AM

I am not one of them crazy pay whatever just to have it stampers. I have managed to get all my sets for under $30 that includes, snow globe $12, fairies $15, Cowboy kid $25, fairland $20, Darling Dragons $15,etc
Good Luck all I can say is BE PATIENT DONT always take the first cpl offers thrown at yah some one usually comes through with a lower price(atleast to my experience) Ebay isnt always the best place to find stuff. Try joing a cpl BST SU! groups on yahoo also. LoL
Good luck with your set!

tenmonkey 08-09-2007 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mothermark (Post 6690461)

Yep, it sure does sound like a scam as she has another one listed!! It is going for $81.00 right now. Same seller!! Very Interesting!! Sad....:confused:

stebwood79 08-09-2007 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenmonkey (Post 6793571)
Yep, it sure does sound like a scam as she has another one listed!! It is going for $81.00 right now. Same seller!! Very Interesting!! Sad....:confused:

It is the exact same seller, and I emailed her to ask to se the rubber. In the picture on Ebay all you can see is the images and a small, teensy corner of some rubber. She emailed me back and said that the set was at ther daughters and she couldn't get to it. Hmmmm...I just don't know about this one. I'm going to continue to watch it, though. I hope this person knows what she is doing?????

ClaudiafromGermany 08-10-2007 05:29 AM

dear god please make me one day have such a luck and own such a set :-)
i always pick the wrong ones hehehehe

ClaudiafromGermany 08-10-2007 05:30 AM

what??? cowboy kid is something rare too??
i dont really like mine :-)

ClaudiafromGermany 08-10-2007 05:31 AM

i really thought at the time that toy box would be a good buy... well what do i know

willsygirl 08-10-2007 06:06 AM

That sounds like a big scam to me - I did get my fingers burned a while back but luckily got my money back via paypal - the seller had listed photos of some sets that, afterwards, I realised were photos of sets already listed - she had just copied the photos - she had excuses galore - she was very sick and in the hospital, the sets she was selling were at her friends house, her 'mother' sent emails on her behalf...it went on and on - I like to give the benefit of the doubt but something just didnt seem right - so I reported it and put claims in through Paypal.

I feel so sorry for people who pay this much money and then wont receive their goods :-(

If it doesnt feel right, then it isnt right...go with your gut instinct :-)

Sarah

willsygirl 08-10-2007 06:09 AM

Char - did you get the images?

Sarah

cpw3431 08-10-2007 06:19 AM

I was going to suggest since it is so hard to find to ask here if someone would stamp images for you. At least you would have those to use.

SCS is awesome for this type help!!!

JampsterStampster 08-10-2007 06:32 AM

I've been watching for this set for months as well. I finally bought it on the 4th of July on a buy it now for $75...and never recieved it. Seller has never contacted me.

JampsterStampster 08-10-2007 06:35 AM

If it's any consolation, Rubberstamp Ave has some similar cowboys, about the closest I've ever seen, but no, they just aren't wild wild west.

I actually wrote to SU asking for them to re-release Wild Wild west. Got an answer intended to placate me.

willsygirl 08-10-2007 06:55 AM

Quote:

I've been watching for this set for months as well. I finally bought it on the 4th of July on a buy it now for $75...and never recieved it. Seller has never contacted me.
Oh no - did you report them and file a Paypal claim (assuming you paid via paypal)? I am so sorry to hear that :-(

Sarah

JampsterStampster 08-10-2007 07:11 AM

Yes. The claim will be settled in my favor if the seller doesn't respond by the 14th.

But now it occurs to me I should tell you all the seller's name lest she repost my item for auction; it's wpotter1977

willsygirl 08-10-2007 07:21 AM

Oh good...fingers crossed that you get no response and it goes in your favor - even if they do respond, they have to have prove that they mailed the item and it was delivered, so you should get your money back as they obviously havent :-)

Sarah

banana.cream.pie 08-10-2007 07:25 AM

WOW!! $300?!! You could probably create your own Stamp line for that much...

Anyhow, it is amazing for WHAT some of the Stamp Sets will end up selling for. You just NEVER know!

JampsterStampster 08-10-2007 07:36 AM

We should all write to Kathy York at Rubberstamp Ave and tell her what we want. She's made some things for me before. Send her pics so she can make a close faxcimile without violating copyright law.

I told her I wanted "Much Obliged" and "Wanted" in that old west newstype headline font and she said she made them but hasn't had time to post them on her webpage yet. She's very good at listening to her customers. And he stuff is SO CHEAP!

RockyMountainStamper 08-10-2007 08:25 AM

Wowza!

What also kills me on the 'bay is that people will bid on NEW catty stuff (available right now thru any demo!) and pay outrageous amounts for them--sometimes twice the price! I wish I could e-mail the poor suckers and tell them all they need to do is hop on SU!'s website and use demo locator to find their nearest demo!

denidill 08-10-2007 08:38 AM

Western SU! sets are like gold. If you bought the 2 new news, don't sell them because I think they will become classics and you wil see those on e-bay for 300 dollars!

Erin K 08-10-2007 12:57 PM

That's crazy. I refuse to pay more than like $30 for a set, I know I'm cheap.

it'smefaith 08-10-2007 04:01 PM

Please... if anyone has problems on E-Bay like the shill bidding, not getting their item, or not like the item posted... Please report the seller so E-Bay can look into them. It helps everyone on E-Bay to keep everyone honest. If that person/people are here on SCS... Shame on you!!!

You can look up the bidders by bid history and see what has been going on with that sale... look up their feedback... and feedback that they have left...

I wish I could help you all out with the sets you want... and keep you from being hurt by those type of sellers....

:cool: Faith