Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-16-2016, 09:49 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bible Journaling with Stamps

Has anyone here that Bible journals use stamps? I bought a Bible for journaling but am afraid to get started because I just know I'll make a mistake and then want to get a new Bible, lol, and this one was expensive and I even had my name engraved on it.

I thought maybe I can start by using stamps. Anyone use stamps before? What ink do you use? Would Stazon or SU!'s archival ink be the best choice? And what's your favorite coloring ink that doesn't smear or bleed through? Can you use SU! markers?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2016, 02:24 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 125 Likes on 92 Posts

Definitely yes, people use stamps! We have a section of the gallery specifically for Bible art journalling, you may find some helpful tips there:
Stampin Up! Gallery: Bible Art Journal Pages - Page 1 - Cards & More - Splitcoaststampers

And here's an interesting discussion on whether to use gesso or not : http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...o-t586173.html
There are other discussions on art journalling, including Bible journalling, in the mixed media forum: Mixed Media - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2016, 06:04 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Thanks for the information! I didn't know there was a Gallery for it. Very cool!

I think if I get the nerve to start Bible journaling I will keep it pens and markers. Too afraid to use anything that requires a paint brush .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2016, 03:25 AM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 50 Likes on 20 Posts

Bible Journaling is the best! Because the paper is thin and you can't remove pages to work on them you need to either (1) always use a thin cardboard sheet under the page you are working on or (2) coat the paper with gel Gesso first (or do both)! Then you can let your imagination run free with paints, markers, Gelatos, inks and more.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2016, 03:50 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I journal outside of my bible, but here is an example of bible journaling I did with stamps a month ago. I am hoping to show more ideas in the future. I plan to put this in my bible with washi tape.
https://stampinaway.wordpress.com/20...catalog-party/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2016, 04:57 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctabView Post
I journal outside of my bible, but here is an example of bible journaling I did with stamps a month ago. I am hoping to show more ideas in the future. I plan to put this in my bible with washi tape.
https://stampinaway.wordpress.com/20...catalog-party/
Love it! Thanks for sharing! I look forward to seeing more of your ideas .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2016, 05:22 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use stamps all the time when I bible journal, I say "go for it". If you stamp only in the margin area and make a mistake you can cover it up by stamping on text weight paper and gluing that into your bible margin. You can also do this if what you did on the other side of the page shows thru.

Keep in mind when stamping on the page that some inks bleed thru more than others especially if you don't prep the page first. Also if you stamp beyond the margin onto the printed areas, you will have to make a decision as to whether you want to be able to read that bible or if it is for artwork only. I used my black India ink pad with a large stamp and while the page turned out beautiful, the ink is very dark and I now can't read that page. For me it was a deal breaker and I now use another lighter black ink on my pages. It was something I had from years ago and is no longer sold so can't help you with what to use. I'm just sharing an experiences of mine.

FYI, my friends and I have made plenty of mistakes as we bible journal, some we found a way to fix and others we left as is.... something about not striving for perfection as there is only one who perfect....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2016, 06:37 AM   #8  
Glitter Guru

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is afraid to start. I've had my Bible since my May birthday and have yet to be brave enough to go for it. I had been journaling in pencil but it is an inexpensive hardback Bible. DH went all out with a beautiful leather bound journaling Bible for me. I also am not sure where in the Bible I want to begin. Maybe I will start in the Psalms and have that be in addition to the Bible reading plan I'm in the midst of.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2016, 03:07 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaxsixView Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is afraid to start. I've had my Bible since my May birthday and have yet to be brave enough to go for it. I had been journaling in pencil but it is an inexpensive hardback Bible. DH went all out with a beautiful leather bound journaling Bible for me. I also am not sure where in the Bible I want to begin. Maybe I will start in the Psalms and have that be in addition to the Bible reading plan I'm in the midst of.
The woman that runs documented faith talks about starting in the index pages, intro, etc. it allows you to practice and see if something bleed through, etc., and you still have your regular bible pages unmarked.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2016, 09:30 AM   #10  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Fun Stampers Journey came out with a line of stamps and stickers just for Bible Journaling (long and thin designed to fit the margins). The collection is in the new catalog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2016, 05:25 PM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctabView Post
The woman that runs documented faith talks about starting in the index pages, intro, etc. it allows you to practice and see if something bleed through, etc., and you still have your regular bible pages unmarked.
Great idea! Thanks for sharing this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2016, 04:16 AM   #12  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 151 Likes on 72 Posts

Sandy Allnock offers a class for 6 dollars in bible journaling but there was also this YT vid she did-and she might have others.

Reply With Quote Likes