Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-22-2007, 07:55 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Default BG stamp won't ink properly?

Can anyone help? I just mounted one of the stamps from my new letter patterns, but it doesn't come out at all! My pad is nice and juicy, but the image is not coming out in the middle, and if I push too hard on the stamp to get the middle to stamp, you can't see the details on the edges. I'm using the polkadot one. Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-22-2007, 08:23 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

I have this problem with my backgrounds too...that's why I'll be getting a brayer with my next order. I hear they're one of the best solutions to this problem.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:08 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am assuming from the way you are describing it that you are trying to ink the stamp the same way you would other stamps, with the ink pad on the bottom and the stamp on top. Try putting the bg stamp upside down on the table and then rubbing the ink pad on top. You can see where the ink is and also get a more uniform amount on the stamp. Then leave the bg stamp upside down and put the paper on top of it. Using a scrap piece of paper on that, you can use your fingers to ink up the paper nicely. You should get better results this way. I hope this helps.

Sibylle
Old 03-23-2007, 03:01 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sibylle
I am assuming from the way you are describing it that you are trying to ink the stamp the same way you would other stamps, with the ink pad on the bottom and the stamp on top. Try putting the bg stamp upside down on the table and then rubbing the ink pad on top. You can see where the ink is and also get a more uniform amount on the stamp. Then leave the bg stamp upside down and put the paper on top of it. Using a scrap piece of paper on that, you can use your fingers to ink up the paper nicely. You should get better results this way. I hope this helps.
Sibylle

This is how I ink my BG stamps now and how I stamp them. I used to do it the other way and was always missing part of the image. My sis-in-law gave me this tip at christmas time and it works great. Just make sure to hold your paper steady when you're rubbing your fingers on the paper or it will smear.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:11 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

gotta have a breyer!

kind of enabling i know... but after i had about 3 BG stamps i broke down and got a breyer- sooooo much easier!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2007, 07:21 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

I don't own the polkadot one.....but have used it at stamp camp.....if I remember right, that one is SUPPOSED to be lighter on some of the dots.....it was made that way! Look at the rubber closely, aren't some of the dots less solid rubber???
Old 03-23-2007, 07:29 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I use the brayer to roll the ink on bg stamps. Then turn it over and use the back side to stamp the image. Works great!
Old 03-23-2007, 07:40 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by davechan2003
Can anyone help? I just mounted one of the stamps from my new letter patterns, but it doesn't come out at all! My pad is nice and juicy, but the image is not coming out in the middle, and if I push too hard on the stamp to get the middle to stamp, you can't see the details on the edges. I'm using the polkadot one. Thanks!
Maybe I'm reading this differently, that your inking is good but you can't the middle of the image to turn out right. If that's the case it's most likely your table if it's not solid. I have the 6' tables from costco and they give they aren't solid like a wood table would be. So I use a tile (6x6) and put it under my paper to give it a hard surface and then all my backgrounds come out great. It's a solution if you don't have a brayer ..........for now that is. Hope it helps....

~~Kate~~
Old 03-23-2007, 09:27 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

I was at a scrapbooking/stamping event last Saturday and the tables were the thick, white hard plastic kind and my background stamps did not work at all...make sure you are using a really hard surface when you stamp with them!!

My Blog - New!!
Old 03-23-2007, 07:40 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you so much ladies! I wish I was at home so I could try out your methods!! I knew I should not have left home without some stamps!!

It's not that polka dot one a pp was talking about. It's not even a BG stamp, don't know why I said that It's from a set of 3, I'm pretty sure it's called Letter Patterns. It's the same pattern asone of the Rebecca papers (which I just noticed last night).

Thanks again!