Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Which is better? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/better-45742/)

janabannana 04-24-2005 01:35 PM

Which is better?

Which is better, or nicer to use? The 2 way glue pen or the liquid glue?

nonda 04-24-2005 02:31 PM

I love the 2 way glue pen for glitter and small add-ons. For layering cardstock, I use double sided tape!

randie58 04-24-2005 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonda
I love the 2 way glue pen for glitter and small add-ons. For layering cardstock, I use double sided tape!

Same here. I try not to use liquid glue at all, but I find that I have to sometime.

Lalalaur 04-25-2005 06:26 AM

Great question!!! I was wondering this too. I didn't knokw which to order and try. The snail is coming with my kit. But what about the other ones.
I have a 2 way glue from another company, but it seem to to turn blue before I can get the paper where it needs to go, then it is repostionable. i don't want that.
Is the 2 way Glue everyone else's favorite for applying glitter???
Thanks !

aubrey27 04-25-2005 07:43 AM

hmm...interesting

I have demo'd for 2 years and am just now trying the liquid glue. I have a customer that swears by it. It's her favorite. I use mono and the 2 way all of the time. I sometimes use the sticky strip when I need a stronger hold and I will use the glue dots for a stronger embellishment hold.

I hope that I will be happy with the liquid glue. We'll see. I was hoping for more insight here... ;)

imastampin 04-25-2005 08:07 AM

I like the two way glue for several different applications. The liquid glue can get quite thick and hard or impossible to use.

Havamom 04-25-2005 09:51 AM

2 way glue is better in my opinion....and super easy to use with dazzling diamonds.

msdetloff 04-25-2005 10:38 AM

I use 2 way glue, but haven't tried the liqued glue at all....maybe on the next order with all the cool new stamps that will be coming out, gotta have someway to glue things together!

Mindy

stamper1996 04-25-2005 12:35 PM

I use the two-way glue for glitter, but recently have started using crystal effects for glitter too. It's really neat, but does take longer to dry.

I've never used liquid glue. I'm happy with double-sided tape.

flutterbye 04-25-2005 01:15 PM

I use liquid glue for glitter sometimes, but thats it. Its a little thick and can take some time to dry

miss missy 04-25-2005 01:55 PM

I use the liquid glue with the micro beads, I love the 2 way glue for glitter

Mrs Noofy 04-25-2005 01:56 PM

2-way glue pen is #1 but Zig pen not SU. I have had trouble with the SU pen turning brown after a little while when I use it for glitter. (especially on white paper). SU glue stick is my next fav. great for adding anything paper (faux postage sheets) to card. Double sided tape I use this all the time. I get it at the dollar store (I use soooooo much of it). Liquid glue I save for adding feathers and ribbon.

Lalalaur 04-26-2005 08:42 AM

What does everyone use for gluing down ribbon or a button??? Those little glue dot things???

janabannana 05-05-2005 08:02 AM

I love those glue dots, I dont have the stampin up brand though. Are they sticky enough?

Doris B 05-05-2005 08:30 AM

I find the 2 way glue is much nicer and easier to use.
The liquid glue is a sort of gel kind of goby/clumpy where the 2way is smooth. I also really like the snail adhesive. And sticky strip for a real strong hold like for diecut boxes. I want to try the Anywhere glue stick. Does anyone have a preference for adhereing crimped cardstock?

lisastamper 05-05-2005 08:41 AM

The liquid glue reminds me of the Elmers gel glue, only in different packaging (obviously). I find the 2-way is great for things like glitter, but I don't use it for layers because I don't think it has the holding power.

Kar 05-05-2005 10:22 AM

the glue pen is awesome!! :)

graciesmom 05-05-2005 10:58 AM

I use two way glue for SO many things. I use my sticky tape for heavy stuff and scrap pages most of the time, but the 2 way works so well.

graciesmom 05-05-2005 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doris B
I find the 2 way glue is much nicer and easier to use.
The liquid glue is a sort of gel kind of goby/clumpy where the 2way is smooth. I also really like the snail adhesive. And sticky strip for a real strong hold like for diecut boxes. I want to try the Anywhere glue stick. Does anyone have a preference for adhereing crimped cardstock?

Doris, I use my sticky strip for adhering crimped cardstock. That stuff is so strong that it will hold anything and it doesn't take the crimp out.