Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-13-2006, 10:45 AM   #1  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please, Help me think of a great idea.

HELP! I am a very new stamper, but really want to make a card for a special occasion. My husband�s grandparents are having their 50th anniversary and we are flying to Texas just for the occasion. They are putting together a card basket, and with my new found hobby, I don�t want to go out and buy one.

But I don�t know where to start. I did simple Valentines and thank you notes, and they were �send out� quality, so I know I can do this, but I need ideas.

I am very limited in supplies, and can�t order anything new. I could pick something up quick from Michaels.

Help me think of an idea.

The sets I have are:
Terrific Tags Punch Box, Too Terrific Tags, Gently Falling, Made From Scratch, Loads of Love, LoL Accessories, Lexicon of Love, Friend to Friend, Curvy Verses, En Pointe, Send a Celebration and Mini Messages.

I have the three spots that came in the punch box, Brilliant Blue, and Basic Black Ink. I have a set of Non-SU chalks and a versamark. I have a heat gun and silver embossing powder, and a ton of Non-SU ribbon.

I have SU cardstock packs in soft subtles and rich regals.

Do you have any ideas of what I should put together to make a great card? I�ve looked over the galleries, and have some ideas, but which of these things can I bring together to really make a great anniversary card? What is your favorite layout to use, when you have limited supplies? Which of these sets would you use?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2006, 10:51 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

What about using 3 of the tags from Too Terrific Tags and emboss them in silver? Maybe the For You, Always, and the one with the fleur-de-lis on it. For CS, I think burgundy or navy would look pretty since you have Rich Regals. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2006, 10:56 AM   #3  
Cardstock Collector

Hi there!
I'm not a obessive stamper, but I think I do have some pretty good ideas...

Is there a color theme for the celebration? Obviously GOLD is the traditional, and you should still incorporate that, but maybe use the party color(s) to accent.

I have used some graphics from MS Publisher on some of my cards. I don't use too many becuase they look colorbook-ish and I prefer the handmade style, but it might be a bit of a help to you. you can always embellish a clip art piece.

Did you say you have mulberry paper? That's a very pretty accent, placed behind your greeting.

You could print out a large "50" from the computer, use the Versamark pen and add some gold embossing.

I found it helps me to scan over the SU catalog and then combine some ideas into one card.

Hope that helps sprout a few ideas for you...Good luck! I do feel sure, tho, that your special card will be a treasure!

Kim T.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-13-2006, 11:38 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile Gently Falling

I like the layout of this card by stampinthyme...forever
You could use different colors, but the same sketch.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes