Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-06-2004, 12:47 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Becoming a demo question??

I've been considering becoming a demo for awhile now but I have one question. What are the minimum orders required to stay active as a demo? I wouldn't really be looking to build a business -- really just a way to get products at cost and sustain the habit. Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 12:55 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Unless it has changed, I believe it is $300 a quarter in sales to stay an active demo. That what it was when I asked the question not too long ago.

Annette
http://stamponthis.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 12:56 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

It is $300 per quarter or about $100 a month. It doesn't matter if the $300 is all in one month of that quarter or spread out. HTH,

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 12:59 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I also became a demo for the discounts. It is 300 a quarter, but you have until the first FULL quarter to get that when you sign up. Example, if you sign up in November, you don't have to meet your first min. 300 until the end of March. The 300 includes retail prices on items in the catty, excluding shipping and tax.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 01:01 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks all - that's helpful. Do any of you who are hobby demos find it hard to meet the minimums? It seems like quite a bit of product for one person per quarter. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 01:02 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

I am a new demonstrator (less than 3 weeks in business). As I understand it, you must have $300.00 (retail cost, not including tax or shipping) per quarter (every three months). When you first sign on, however, you get six months to make that amount. At the workshop where I first saw Stampin Up, my sponsor got a booking for a catalog order from a lady and some of her friends. She let me have that to get started with. The order was about $240. Two ladies ordered from me immediately (I didn't even have my kit yet) and two more from "word of mouth" and there's another $150.00 order. That's without anything I need/would like to order. Its very "do-able". Best Wishes to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 01:06 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Location: This must be heaven...there are stamps & scrapbooks EVERYWHERE!!!

I guess $300 could be quite a lot per quarter, to purchase yourself. But I always find a way. I only do 1 or 2 workshops per quarter, just enough to support my own habit. I also have 2 stamping friends that are constantly stamping with me, so we always manage to order tons of stuff. Becoming a demo was a great decision for me and can be for you too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 01:10 PM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

When you first sign on, however, you get six months to make that amount
NO! NO! NO!!! That statement is very wrong unless you sign up the 2nd of the month of a new quarter. It all depends on when you sign up during a quarter. If you sign up on the 15th of the last month of a quarter, you will only have 3 months and 15 days to make quota.

The actuallity is ~ you sign up in any given quarter, that quarter's minimum of $300 is waived. As soon as the next quarter begins (Jan, April, July, or October) you will be required to meet the $300 minimum by the end of that quarter. It is best to sign at the beginning of a quarter if you think you will be hard pressed to sell. But if you have a giant wish list, sign up at the end and wait a month until the new quarter and buy, buy, buy!! I made my minimum the 3rd day of the new quarter after I signed up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 01:11 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladbs
When you first sign on, however, you get six months to make that amount.
You have until the first full quarter to make the $300. If you were to sign on today, you would be in the middle of a quarter. This quarter doesn't end until December. You would have until the end of the next quarter (March) to make your minimum. If you waited and signed up in December, once again, you would be signing up in the middle of a quarter and would have until the end of March to meet your minimum. This does not equal up to six months.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 01:12 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Like you I decided to become a demo because I knew from my first experience that I would easily spend the $200, so it was cheaper to just sign on. $300 a quarter is nothing. I did that in one good workshop. I'm not in it for the "business" part. By day, I teach high school students, by night I teach stamping. And I love every minute of it. And it supports my habit and keeps the hubby happy that I'm not spending our household $$$.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 02:01 PM   #11  
Crimping Master

Default quarterly minimums

I signed up as a demonstrator about a year and a half ago as a hobbyist. Love the products, love the discount, love the super deal on the starter kit! I've found that it's been FAIRLY easy MOST of the time to meet my minimums.

One of the other things I do is to participate in a demonstrator's club through my upline. We meet once a month (today, actually!) for two or three projects, business discussion, card swap and those who participate in the ordering portion of it, place an order for $35. We rotate hostessing and that makes more than a workshop order twice a year for each of us, which really helps in meeting that minumum. We each deduct our commission from our total so that we're not making money off each other. You could do this with your up/downline or with a bunch of fellow demonstrators. Starting a club for your business is one of the easiest and fastest ways to meet your minimums and only requires one workshop per club, per month!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 05:56 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have one stamp club of six people. These are the only customers I have. We meet every other month. I almost always make my minimum or close enough to make up the difference myself w/o hurting my checkbook too much. Once a year it wors out where I only end up with 1 party in that quarter and my sales are not enough. You then go into a pending situation. You have until the end of the first month in the next quarter to make $100.00 in sales. You have until the end of the quarter though to make you $300.00 plus what you were short the quarter before. Example: Quarter 1 Sales-$250.00, Quarter 2- you need $100.00 in sales the first month but a total of $350.00 for quater 2. I hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 06:42 PM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

I apologize for any confusion about how many months you have to make your first quota. The point I was trying to make was that although I would have from Oct to March, I did it in just a few weeks so to be encouraged that you can do it too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 06:46 PM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Also be aware that if when you sign on you make your 300$ quota in the quarter you sign up, that does not follow through to the next quarter. You would still have to make quota for the following quarter ince only the first one is waived.

The only normal people are the ones I dont know very well.

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/emily
Reply With Quote Likes